Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #113
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
really cant argue with that logic!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #114
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
but would you add 2 years inflation since it will come out in 2008? Sept release?

tho that is the start of their fiscal year or whatever. but they always release the new models in sept
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #115
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I would take that whole thing w/ a grain of salt. I really don't see prices going that high. Someone put a lot of work into it, though!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #116
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Before you read this, diarmadhi, I realize these aren't your words; I'm directing my statements to the author of this blasphemy. (even though he can't hear me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Z28 Camaro (Limited Production)
MSRP* $ 39,250.00 (base price) to $ 43,740.00 (fully optioned)
Sorry buddy, I agree with most everything you said except this...

NOTE: I'm sorry, I have to argue these points. (nothing personal, AT ALL):o

#1: There is NO way that a Z28 base priced will be 40k...No way in Hell. Plus, there has been hard evidence that the chances of a Camaro being priced anywhere above 31,000 dollars is .01% It can't happen. Which brings me to my second point

#2 at 150,000 production goal (which can be exceeded!), there's no room for any "Mainstream" Limited production Camaros. IROC-Z I can see, and others like that, because they are 'special' Camaros...not the coveted Z-28. It is THE heritage of Camaro...Can't be limited production. However, If you mean Limited production as in...20 - 40% of the Camaro production lineup (both SS's and Z-28's included)...then I agree. I don't agree with 1,000 - 3,000 Z-28's...uh,uh

#3 I will argue this untill I'm blue in the face. There's too much involved not to. SS will be the Top, there have been VERY FEW occurences where it hasn't been(there have been some, though, I know). And I firmly believe it will be a package, rather than a whole 'nother trim level. The chances it could be a completely different trim level is there, though. It could happen, and I could be wrong on this. But unlikely, and VERY unlikely to have SS beneath Z-28. The years in which Z-28 was top, were 90% of the years when there was no SS option. Which brings me to my final point:

Quote:
By the way the Shelby GT500 starts at 41k……so the Z28 will out perform and out price the Ford.
#4 How many times do I have to hear this!?!?! The Shelby GT500 is NOT competition for the Camaro. It is a limited production (less than 10,000 units a year), very expensive; +$40 k (buy a Vette!) car. It was not intended as a mainstream Mustang, conversely: the Z-28 is a "mainstream" Camaro, not a limited production car (the only exceptions I know of are the first 3 years). Ugh, I hate hearing this argument for pricing since it's nowhere close to fair and balanced.

I apologise, but grain of salt indeed!A lot of work was put into this, for nothing. He takes the prices and shoots them up at bigger and bigger intervals as he gets higher on the "trim-level chain". Yoy can't sell an SS for 30,000 , and then sell a Z-28 at 40,000! Are you Crazy? I think his biggest error is believing that Z-28 will be limited production. GM won't do a limited production (any version) of the Camaro right of the bat. Wait a few years after initial release, will ya?

Last edited by Mr. Wyndham; 07-11-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #117
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Heh, Guess I should have posted a bigger bolder disclaimer. Understood that first off its just a guess.

Personaly I think its a very good guess. History of the camaro be damned (opps yes I said it). Todays current market can't live on history and performance alone, thats why the camaro died in 02.

For the camaro to survive it needs to ignore the clamoring enthusiast that wants a v8, a stick and some slicks and nothing else to a degree and branch out to the millennial's generation. Thats what the mustang has done and what the Japanese market has commercialized on for the last 5 years. Thats why Toyota and Scion and Honda are pulling the market away. The baby boomer's are on their way out and its already been proven the millennial generation has more spending power.

Oh and on the names.. swap them however you want, to today's generation it doesn't matter one way or the other.

PS. sorry if any of this is sacrilege to the camaro community, I don't want to errantly step on any toes, but its the truth, the needed potential buyers out there are have never owned a camaro, don't know or care about the history, and just want a cool car.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #118
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Heh, Guess I should have posted a bigger bolder disclaimer. Understood that first off its just a guess.

Personaly I think its a very good guess. History of the camaro be damned (opps yes I said it). Todays current market can't live on history and performance alone, thats why the camaro died in 02.

For the camaro to survive it needs to ignore the clamoring enthusiast that wants a v8, a stick and some slicks and nothing else to a degree and branch out to the millennial's generation. Thats what the mustang has done and what the Japanese market has commercialized on for the last 5 years. Thats why Toyota and Scion and Honda are pulling the market away. The baby boomer's are on their way out and its already been proven the millennial generation has more spending power.

Oh and on the names.. swap them however you want, to today's generation it doesn't matter one way or the other.

PS. sorry if any of this is sacrilege to the camaro community, I don't want to errantly step on any toes, but its the truth, the needed potential buyers out there are have never owned a camaro, don't know or care about the history, and just want a cool car.

you forgot a solid axle...the new maro is IRS...lol

and ford sells cars, they dont make them, which is great if you want a world where everyone from the 16 yr old whiny twit gets her license and daddy buys her a gt that she'll wreck after a drunk party/raping to a 68 yr old man who wants to relive the past/midlife crisis that he never had and gets a v-6 cus he just wants to own a mustang.

and the reason the import class is gaining momentum is that you can buy these cars a dime a dozen and if you blow something on it, go buy another shell and start again. our cars are worth more out of the box and will stay that way. then again, why spend thousands on a turbo fwd to make yourself half-way fast when you can just as easily drop that money on a v-8 and stomp a hole in the competitions' @$$'s

granted everyone is moving into the "make a cool car for everyone" market

no car is perfect, but this new camaro is close to it.

I have already decided that if I can get one for less than $25k, I dont care whether its a V-6 or an SS (which is the top of the line production camaro)

they are marketing this camaro towards the younger crowd while still giving something to the old schoolers,
however, they know that the younger crowd isnt making $80k a year, hell im 22 and im barely making $50k a year, but then again I also have a lot of extra income. im payin cash for my maro, i might do a payment plan for 12-24 months with a huge down payment, just as a little boost for my credit. but I wont pay a cent over MSRP except maybe for interest. Ive talked to my stealerships down here (a few of which are in my local car clubs and are offering discounts to our club members) and they have told us they will give us the best deal possible.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #119
ANDRE
2010 Z28 vert drooler

Drives: 2010 Z28 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I've made the decision to wait for 2010 for the vert. That way if I ever change my mind, I'm still good to get a coupe after recalls (if any). I'm planning on the SS/Z28 model because all I've owned are imports and 4 bangers, I want to feel true power under my foot, like the vipers when I raced them at Laguna Seca.
Waiting for the vert in 2010 as well, CAN'T FU**ING WAIT!!!!!
02 CAMARO SS #7719
ANDRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 AM   #120
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRE View Post
Waiting for the vert in 2010 as well, CAN'T FU**ING WAIT!!!!!
I took this along with several others. I love the lines of the car.

Quote:
Ive talked to my stealerships down here (a few of which are in my local car clubs and are offering discounts to our club members) and they have told us they will give us the best deal possible.
How do I become an honorary member of these car clubs camarospike?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #121
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
How do I become an honorary member of these car clubs camarospike?
where do you live?

its kinda "who you know, and how much money you can wave" sometimes

which is why ive never been the cool kid on the block, just the quiet one in the corner biding his time....... lol

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #122
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I haven't re-read this entire thread, but I thought I'd respond to the "dealers offering the best deal possible to Camaro club (?) members".

IMO, the easiest thing to do would be to shop around. Visit and talk to as many Chevrolet dealers as is convenient for you, establish a relationship, and see which one's are willing to work with you.

I have 3 Chevrolet dealers within a 1/2 hr. drive from home.

One is where my grandfather, and my Dad, bought all of their Chevrolets. (Plus, my Dad's business buys their fleet vehicles from them.) When I was preparing to order my SS, they basically laughed at me when I handed them the price quote which came from the dealer where I eventually ordered the SS. I was told price was non-negotiable.

The second dealer wouldn't even commit to being able to get an SS.

The last dealer, where I ordered the SS from, offered a price quote in writing, $500 below dealer invoice.

Needless to say, I as well as my brother, established a very good relationship with the dealer. When he ordered his C6, they offered to take $700 off sticker as the delivery date they gave him ended up being one week late!

Bottom line; shop as many dealers as you can. See who is willing to be fair and work with you.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #123
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I've talked to a couple of big Chevy dealers where I am and they say they are selling at MSRP, not a penny more. As far as supply is concerned, I've heard they will make as many as the market can sustain. GM is well aware that buyers will be cross shopping this car with the Mustang.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #124
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

we have a couple of club members who are mechanics/sales associates/managers. its good when you need some hard to find parts

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #125
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
where do you live?

its kinda "who you know, and how much money you can wave" sometimes

which is why ive never been the cool kid on the block, just the quiet one in the corner biding his time....... lol

SF Bay Area. Only dealership around here that even knows about the camaro says they don't have any info atm. He guesses it'll be around november or later before they receive anything about it.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #126
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
SF Bay Area. Only dealership around here that even knows about the camaro says they don't have any info atm. He guesses it'll be around november or later before they receive anything about it.
yeah, im on the other coast...sorry.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: