Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: X Pipe - Yay or Nay
Get the X Pipe 1 11.11%
Just go with the Res Delete. Dont need the x pipe 4 44.44%
Neither 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Cejvanovic

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS - Yellow
MRT 1.0 - New Member

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 2012 Camaro 1LS a few weeks ago. I love the car and I am sure all of you do as well!

I have been looking around and with all of the reading and reviews, sound clips etc I decided to get the MRT 1.0 system from Juiced here on the forum.

I have a few questions.
1. How is the drone at 70MPH? I drive highway a lot.
2. I was told it would be a good idea to get the Magnaflow X Pipe for any Drone in the cabin instead of doing a res delete. With that, will I lose any sound outside? The reason I chose the 1.0 over the 2.0 is for the outside sound. It sounded much better based on clips. Do I need to spend the extra money for the x pipe?
3. is $100 too much to pay for the install? If i do get the x pipe, what should I expect to pay for an install of the system all at once?

Thats for any help!
Cejvanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
The magnaflow X pipe will tone down the noise and drone basically creating the exact same sound as the MRT v2 with more work, cost, and hassle.

When i ordered my MRT v2 i was very worried about the drone everyone talks about, but finally just went for it, with the plan to get the X pipe. I understand that everyone is different, but after the install i literally laughed at the though the people didn't like the so called "drone" that it produces. At times i even considered switching out to the MRT for more aggressive tone...

from the sound of it i honestly think you'll be very happy with the MRT v1 because you liked the more aggressive sound of the v1.

If i was you i'd install the v1 with the clamps, drive it for a week or two, then decided if there is any part of the tone that bothers you.

I almost ordered the x pipe at the same time as my v2, obviously before the install, and i would've 100% regretted it.

Good luck on your choice!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Andys562

Drives: Black 2011 2LT RS
I personally don't think the drone is that bad. Trust me, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
Black Painted Heritage Grill, Emblem-less.
Black Rear Bowtie.
AAC P13 DRL's.
AAC License Plate LED's.
AAC Dome Light/Trunk Light.
AAC Tinted Sidemarkers.
AAC SMD Afterburners.
MRT V1 Exhaust.
PFADT 1.25" Lowering Springs.
Andys562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
I personally don't think the drone is that bad. Trust me, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
I'm in this camp... never bothered me....

Instead of doing an resonated X-pipe, i would look at adding the J pipe that is in the other threads.. you would just need to find the right length....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Why did you choose the v1 or the v2? Didnt they eliminate the rasp with v2?
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Why did you choose the v1 or the v2? Didnt they eliminate the rasp with v2?
Actually I didn't really "choose" either... MRT used my car to develop both the Ver 1 and the Ver 2... Ver 1 definitely has very noticeable drone. Ver 2 was designed with a lot less drone... IMHO Ver 2 basically has no drone, but again, drone is a very individual thing and and some have found the drone unacceptable...

BTW... I have Ver 2 on the Flex! LOL
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Abstrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Actually I didn't really "choose" either... MRT used my car to develop both the Ver 1 and the Ver 2... Ver 1 definitely has very noticeable drone. Ver 2 was designed with a lot less drone... IMHO Ver 2 basically has no drone, but again, drone is a very individual thing and and some have found the drone unacceptable...

BTW... I have Ver 2 on the Flex! LOL
That Flex is a beast!!!!! lol I only had my 12 about a month and I want to get the MRT 2 but I like the sound of the SLP LM2. I really odnt care about drone I listen to music while driving and I like to hear my car work so I drive with it off sometimes.

Would you recommend

MRT 1

MRT 2

SLP LM2?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
That Flex is a beast!!!!! lol I only had my 12 about a month and I want to get the MRT 2 but I like the sound of the SLP LM2. I really odnt care about drone I listen to music while driving and I like to hear my car work so I drive with it off sometimes.

Would you recommend

MRT 1

MRT 2

SLP LM2?
Thanks!

I haven't heard the SLP LM2 in person... So hard to make a recommendation between the MRT 2 and SLP 2... Now if you want the in your face of a straight pipe without some of the raspiness/fart sound, and not worried about drone, then go MRT 1... IMO...
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Cejvanovic

So just MRT 1.0 with stock resonators should be fine. If I did Resonator Delete would the MRT be louder?

I had a Flowmaster Super 44 on my Pontiac Solstice with stock pipes. I am sure it could never be more drone then that.

Thanks for all of the posts BTW
Old 03-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I have the MRT V1.0 and at some point will remove the resonators. At that point it will sound as well you know... varoom varoom.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Mine is a manual, but I don't have any drone at 70... I get it around 85MPH. Thankfully that's not a speed I drive very often on the Highway. With the cruise control on going the speed limit, you don't really even notice the exhaust.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
Cejvanovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I have the MRT V1.0 and at some point will remove the resonators. At that point it will sound as well you know... varoom varoom.
Getting mixed answers here. Res delete or no res delete.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
Abstrak

Yall make shopping for an exhaust system hard lol dont know what to get.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Cejvanovic

I have researched all of them and came to the conclusion for the price and the tone to get the MRT V1.0. Now I am on the fence to do the Res Delete or not. I have already decided not to get the x pipe. I want it to be decently loud.

My final question is, if i do res delete do I risk messing up the car, does it void my warranty and does it increase or reduce drone.

A res delete should make it louder but I am still on the fence. Would like to find out before i do the install.

Tags
drone, mrt, mrt 1.0, x pipe