Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #645
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT View Post
Dude, right now you don't own a Camaro, and like me, the perception is that you and I are visitors here, but not a member of the Camaro 'brotherhood'.

My car is a very close cousin to the Camaro, but the perception is that it's a Pontiac, and no matter what, I most likely won't have the same credibility as a 'brother' Camaro owner. I guess I would probably feel the same way if a non G8 owner came to the G8 boards and started telling 'us' about 'our' cars.

It is what it is, and I understand it.
To be honest, just by looking at your sig I give you more cred than most of the never been to a track, all they do is quote articles, think that Camaros are the best just because they like them noobs on here.
I like talking track times with guys who GO TO THE TRACK. Not just read about it on the interwebs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
Hey my truck makes more power then a ZL1 am I at least kinda cool?
How much does it make with the wheels on it? LOL

Is it just a dyno queen or have you let her stretch her legs down the 1/4?
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #646
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Now for those that missed out on a 2012, I bet you are not worrying now, eh?.............as am I.........It never pays to be impatient...........who knows, if times improve I may decide to go 2013............or not
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #647
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I dropped it off to get dynoed the day before I left to come to afghanistan. SO I am anxiously awaiting my return trip and I already have bought another motor for it and twins
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #648
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1 View Post
Now for those that missed out on a 2012, I bet you are not worrying now, eh?.............as am I.........It never pays to be impatient...........who knows, if times improve I may decide to go 2013............or not
Haven't missed out yet (will know the 19th)... but I'm sort of seeing it your way... I might just wait a bit and see what comes (otherwise I'll just be trading again...).

However my wife is going to kick my a$$ if I don't get a ZL1 ASAP... I started talking Vette and CTS-V and it didn't go over well..
This money I'm trying to give GM is burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #649
xx_ED_xx

I would wait
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #650
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I would wait
There's just so much Camaro stuff going on around here... my mistake was selling my old one so fast... I'm missing out on a lot of cool stuff now... C5 Fest is on the horizon too...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #651
xx_ED_xx

You could order a 2013 now right?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #652
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
You could order a 2013 now right?

Next month...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #653
xx_ED_xx

Lets the air out of jamie's tires
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #654
xx_ED_xx

So does my truck, ridetech
Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #655
mlee
CamaroFans.com

The Rain has passed here... Hennessey should be back on the track tomorrow...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #656
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Why do I keep reading about the COPO here? Isn't that competitive with the CobraJet, not the GT500?
because someone else asked about it and was too darn lazy to go look it up on google. is that ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
After a lot of reading (this thread lol) , I feel a certin way ...

I am a former 2010 Camaro owner , SS and LLT , have Chevrolet Tattoos on my skin , and will never own a mustang even if it had 3000 hp stock.

But I feel Chevy may have rushed this car . Pretty much everything written about it indicates that it is not what people wanted. I feel bad that the ZL1 owners who first took delivery have to deal with the now "slow" stigma that is being cast on this beautiful car.

I think the whole track car argument is absurd , this was supposed to be (and is -- by what we know now , but by a small margin) the baddest camaro and direct competition to the Shelby and SRT. Chevy never marketed it as a track car , and 0.1% of ZL1's will ever see a road course. And the people saying they dont care about the speed -- then why just get an LFX v6? The looks are pretty much the same and an LFX with a ZL1 body parts will be much less then 60k. People saying Hennessey which is one of , if not the best in the business -- fabricated times is ABSURD. They have clients all over the world -- and would never do something like that.

I know if I preordered a ZL1 , I would be defending it with every bone in my body. But from a Chevy guy , with Chevy blood , and an honest non biased opinion ... and (as of now) , there is no reason to justify $60k+ price tag for a ZL1 , when a SS stock can put up comparible numbers , and one with $700 in bolt ones can put up better numbers. Better suspension and all that is great , but it (from what we know) just isn't logical to purchase this car and I don't know why Chevy released it with at least some knowledge that it won't live up to die hard customers expectations.

I hope in the next few weeks we see some better times with broken in engines ... but it isn't looking good so far . I don't expect die hard Chevy fans to support the mustang -- but I'm very surprised that a lot of people on here are not at the least -- a little angry with Chevys marketing of the ZL1.

can I ask what you're smoking? because I really need some. I don't have a ZL1 on order or plan to get one. I'm also no a "fanboy." but look at the magazine times for both the GT500 and ZL1. They are in the same company. Being that the GT500 has a history of not hooking up. and the wider tires on the ZL1 help with that. I'm sure stock times will be below stock GT500 times.

calling this car a disappointment is a disappointment in and of itself. But alas you can't please everyone. and this shows it right here. what were you expecting the magazines to get mild 11's? Not going to happen. Most of the mags go with a testing method that will determine what an avg driver would get if he only raced once in a blue moon. Not what enthusiast get. Go launch a 580 hp car and see how hard it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
What? Chevy rush a car? No way, never, impossible! I mean go over to the convertible section. We are all perfectly satisfied with our convertible tops!
GM's fix: After a bunch of fixes that haven't really worked GM is buying back cars left and right!

For talking crap about all the people in here that don't own Camaros, do YOU own one?

Leave the convertible trash talking in the convertible section. 150 people does not constitute a huge problem. it constitutes a problem. I do not have those issues and if I do I'll get them fixed. I've found most people in that section cry about the smallest details. just like the guy that has a scuff mark on his dash in this section. But who gets greased first. the squeakiest wheel. and right now that's the 150 people with top problems. Again GM is listening your facebook page and the vert section is where you should air out those problems.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #657
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
. Being that the GT500 has a history of not hooking up. and the wider tires on the ZL1 help with that. I'm sure stock times will be below stock GT500 times.

Where do you see any evidence of the ZL1 hooking up with street tires.

The video posted awhile back looked like a bunch of wheel hop and spinning.
2.xx 60' by hennessey.

I believe they will have the same problems hooking as the GT500.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #658
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Where do you see any evidence of the ZL1 hooking up with street tires.

The video posted awhile back looked like a bunch of wheel hop and spinning.
2.xx 60' by hennessey.

I believe they will have the same problems hooking as the GT500.
GT500 is notorious due to the size wheel and rubber on it. Same reason a stock SS camaro can beat a gt500 off the line. the wider tires on the ZL1 should help it launch better. and have you not noticed I've been saying should. guess not. either way. time will tell. I don't give much credence to HPE's single pass as an over all for all ZL1's. I have seen more GT500's have issues getting out of the hole. And there are plenty in Fayetteville that have gone down the track.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700hp z28 strip car, zl1 track car