Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Interior Accents

Maybe I've missed a post here and there, but from all the pictures I've seen, all the accents or trim on the interior have been sort of a metallic orange. I was looking at the gallery for the convertible on the Chevy Nation website and noticed blue accents around the dials. I actually liked that better than the metallic orange. The dials seemed to have just a silver background as well.

Does anyone think this will something that's customizable, like the Mustang? Has this been confirmed (and I just don't know about it)?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
The accents will be color matched to the exterior color.. at least thats what the rumor is. No details as of yet.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Nope, nothing's been cofirmed in terms of colors, interior or exterior. The difference in colors that you've noticed is due to the fact that the coupe and the vert concepts each have slightly different interior designs.

I would expect that Hugger Orange will be an exterior choice, along with 7 or 8 other colors. For the interior, I would be surprised if there are more than 2 or 3 color combo options, and I really don't think we'll see the color changing feature that the Mustang has.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I'll "second" the "nothing confirmed yet" sentiment.

That being said, I don't think an option to change the colors (as on the Mustang) is necessary. It's a little "gimmicky" IMO.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Yeah, plus Chevy has to be very careful not to make the Camaro seem too derivative of the Mustang. Adding a feature like that, or Microsoft Sync, would make it seem like Chevy had no ideas of their own and had to steal Ford's.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
The accents will be color matched to the exterior color.. at least thats what the rumor is. No details as of yet.
That would be nice...black exterior with back interior accents would be badass. As long as they give us options!

Also, some type of new console technology similar to Ford's Sync would be nice...at least something with a harddrive or graphical MP3 interface. Maybe that's asking too much from a Camaro being that it's more a muscle car than a tech car, but like I said before, it would be nice to have option =)
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I generally don't like colored interior accents, so I hope I can get mine with either the 'vert's white (would go nicely with white stripes) or something like brushed aluminum or carbon fiber. I'm really a fan of the new trend for black and white interiors, such as the new Lincolns. I was upset when the wonderful interior of the G8 preproduction car was changed to either all black or black/red.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I'm not a big fan of colored accents on the interior, or exterior for that matter. But I would like blue lights on a pewter Z28... Or I would like the option of changing the colors of the lights to whatever I want so I could change my lights to blue lol
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
fiveohh

Drives: stratus
I Really love just about everything so far even that 175 MPH Speedo!!!
Gosh this car scream "WHO"S YOUR DADDY!"
Attached Images

fiveohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
That spedo is gonna change. there will be enough drivers getting tickets with a normal gauge, let alone one in 25 mph increments.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Personally I like color matched interior trim.. it brings some of the exterior of the car into the interior... But to each their own.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think we'll see different colors...but not enough to match ever exterior color, you know? Like the Malibu, which has 5 or so different color inserts. OR the Vette, which has two or three.

I like the design w/ the color accents (which is painted plastic btw), but I can def. settle for a 'normal' all black interior (leather, of course)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I kinda like the accents. But I think I am going to get a black camaro with a black interior so I don't know what sort of accents I would get if any. Possibly grey, no white or colour though
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #14
v84life

Drives: 05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
I hope that leather wrapped dash is available. Really adds a nice look and feal to the dash and interior over all. The new CTS dash has it and Corvette now makes it a opption. So maybe just maybe they will make it availble for the Camaro... I really hope Chevy knocks it out of the park. Camaro deserves it and so do we. I've owned a lot cars in my time and one thing that has been a thorn is sub-par interiors from American cars. Went to the L.A. auto show this past weekend and honestly GM is finally catching up with its interiors looked at all the makes and dollar for dollar GM is finally waking up...
v84life is offline   Reply With Quote