Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
2xtrbo

Drives: BMW 335 Cabrio
What If Chrysler Had Revived The 'Cuda? (Concept Pic)

Doesn't matter that Plymouth is defunct. They still own the name and all the rights.

I grew up in the '70s and trust me, we were not thinking all day about the Challenger. I can honestly say I never thought about a Challenger. I never heard anyone say the Challenger was cool. People were wanting a GTX, Charger or 'Cuda. And it is still the 'Cuda that gets the huge sales at Barret-Jackson.

There was a hierarchy that we all knew about. GM was the best followed by the Mopars and then nobody wanted a Ford. Ford was considered junk. But now, owning a Mustang seems to be pretty cool. Things have changed. But if you had a 'Cuda, you were as cool as someone with a Z/28, ALMOST.

The 'Cuda could have actually competed with the 2010 Camaro. But nobody from my generation (graduated high school in 1985) is ever going to pick a Challenger over a Camaro. That is just not going to happen. Ever.

And in my mind, the Mustang should bow down and worship the Camaro.

(But I think both these concepts, one based on the Challenger are not as good as a Camaro.)
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I think it would be great for sales, but Plymouth would have to come back somehow to produce it. The name its under makes a huge difference. People who loved their Plymouth 'Cudas back in the day would want them to be purely Plymouth 'Cudas just like a lot of us Camaro guys would rather drive a Camaro than a Trans Am even though they are virtually the same car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
2xtrbo

Drives: BMW 335 Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I think it would be great for sales, but Plymouth would have to come back somehow to produce it. The name its under makes a huge difference. People who loved their Plymouth 'Cudas back in the day would want them to be purely Plymouth 'Cudas just like a lot of us Camaro guys would rather drive a Camaro than a Trans Am even though they are virtually the same car.
Look how much better the Charger could have looked. IMO the current one totally sucks.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
i would love to see Cudas driving down the road every day, all the time, but the cuda is one of my favorites...i dont want to see dodge bring back another nameplate fast and cheap like the new challenger. if they do bring it back they best take their timewith it and get it right like GM is doing witht he camaro. but if they don't and they bring forth another challenger disaster or a four door charger(why, why four doors????) i would be extremely upset...

id love to see a cuda return, but i think its best to just leave it alone and don't mess with it...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
i would love to see Cudas driving down the road every day, all the time, but the cuda is one of my favorites...i dont want to see dodge bring back another nameplate fast and cheap like the new challenger. if they do bring it back they best take their timewith it and get it right like GM is doing witht he camaro. but if they don't and they bring forth another challenger disaster or a four door charger(why, why four doors????) i would be extremely upset...

id love to see a cuda return, but i think its best to just leave it alone and don't mess with it...
this is probaly a rumor but I heard that the charger is going to get a make over, their gonna keep the 4 door charger sxt for a sedan and rt,drt,srt8 will be in a 2 door charger coupe thats about 350 pounds less than the current one and this well happen in 2011/2012 I hope its true it sould had been done in the first place agree?

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
this is probaly a rumor but I heard that the charger is going to get a make over, their gonna keep the 4 door charger sxt for a sedan and rt,drt,srt8 will be in a 2 door charger coupe thats about 350 pounds less than the current one and this well happen in 2011/2012 I hope its true it sould had been done in the first place agree?
Agreed!!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
cuda pic is old news.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I like the Charger for what it is. It's one bada$$-lookin' Sedan...but they could have called it something else, I think.

It's cool to think that they might be coupe-ifying it!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take one. Or two...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I really like that Charger rendering. I would definitely rock one of those just like I'd rock the Challenger. I just think that success would have to include some form of Plymouth revival.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
I've never been a particularly big MOPAR fan, but the Charger police cruisers around here are pretty bad-assed looking. They beat the hell out of the looks of the Crown Vics anyways. And it seems like every week another municipality in this state has one or more of them. It's time for GM to step up and bring back a real Impala- maybe once they finish tweaking our Camaro?
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I like the Charger. Until the G8 came out, it was the coolest sedan out there. And the magnum was the coolest wagon.

Back on topic . . . the 'cuda would have been nice to see, but as its been said there is no Plymouth to build it. And a Chrysler 'Cuda doesn't sound right. Hmm, Jeep 'Cuda anyone?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Been debunked before, If you want a coupe from mopar your going to have to buy a chally or make your own chop. HOWEVER, the 300 and the charger will be due for a refresh in 2010 but it will be nothing more than some body line changes ect..

Cerebus is in no way looking to expand their lineup with another model (which a 2dr charger would be). They are looking to make it semi profitable and then dump it.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I think it be good if the dodge revives the Dart and can the caliber

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote