Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #1653
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Or you can try BeckyD
Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #1654
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Drives: '12 2SS/45th
Unfortunately I have a trade in so I can't deal with BeckyD. (Unless she wants to fly out here and pick up my low mileage 08 Altima... :P Also found out that if you don't pay sales tax on the car, which was a big selling point for ordering out of state before I found out, then NV DMV will hit you up for it when you go to register it. (Or hit you up for the difference between whatever state you brought it in's taxes and our local NV taxes.)

Also... I'm getting a little tired of dealing with salespeople... I'm so done with the games. Does any one have an email address or contact info for the Sales Manager or Internet Sales Manager of any of the local dealerships?

My needs are pretty simple... Myself and a coworker are both interested in pulling the trigger on a new 2SS/45th, 6spd with the Hurst STS. I know what the car invoices at, I know what my trade in is worth, I know what finance rate I qualify for, and I know what I should be paying a month. I really dont' want to spend the better part of a day, alternating between arguing and waiting, to get to that number at the dealership.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Hope to be joining you all at Cars and Coffee in the new ride soon.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #1655
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
whats up zl1dreamer i think the hard part will be finding the car... as of now the 45ae is on constraint limited to only a few hundred nation wide!!! but the real problem is dealing with the local dealers... i have heard too many horror stories compared to the few good experiences that some have had... then you always run the risk of going to someone referred by a friend and not getting the same treatment as your friend did... the best advice i can give (because im looking for the same car) go into a dealership and place an order for one, dont try and buy off the lot!!! the reason why is they are most likely not going to give you a good deal on a car that is brand new (meaning production just started) while they have 2011's on the lot... you have a better chance if you order... if you know the finance rate you are going to get then the only issue is settling on a price of the car... go in and say i want to place an order for a new camaro build the car with the salesman on the computer then after you see the msrp tell him you want the car for invoice... if he doesn't want to deal ask to speak to a manager if they still wont give you what you want move on to the next dealership... to get a fair price it might not be easy... you could get lucky and the first one you go to will give you a good deal or you might need to go to 3 or 4 dealerships to get what you want... thats the best advise i can give you but if you want, come out to cars & coffee and meet everybody before you go into another dealer and we can talk in person. i have a cyber grey v6 rs... i hope this helps!!!! Alex
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #1656
LVINDY

Drives: 2011 Indy Pace Car
Alex, that's good advice.

Bob
LVINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #1657
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Alex, is it? Thanks for the response! I will definitely try that at some point this week and let you all know how it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out for C&C next weekend.

It's looking more and more like I'll be waiting a bit before I get my hands on a new car, though. I wouldn't really mind buying off the lot, but the very few 45th's I've seen out here so far are either convertibles are automatics, and both options are dealbreakers for me. I'm pretty sure that, thanks to demand, it'll be a while before I can get a 45th at or below invoice... Perhaps I would have better luck with a straight 2SS/RS, but the interior and the sill plates on the 45th's look so sharp... And the 45th package is only 25$ more than the RS package? Honestly why would anyone who's getting a 2012 Camaro get the RS package over the 45th package? I guess maybe if you hated the color...
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #1658
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
whats up zl1dreamer i think the hard part will be finding the car... as of now the 45ae is on constraint limited to only a few hundred nation wide!!! but the real problem is dealing with the local dealers... i have heard too many horror stories compared to the few good experiences that some have had... then you always run the risk of going to someone referred by a friend and not getting the same treatment as your friend did... the best advice i can give (because im looking for the same car) go into a dealership and place an order for one, dont try and buy off the lot!!! the reason why is they are most likely not going to give you a good deal on a car that is brand new (meaning production just started) while they have 2011's on the lot... you have a better chance if you order... if you know the finance rate you are going to get then the only issue is settling on a price of the car... go in and say i want to place an order for a new camaro build the car with the salesman on the computer then after you see the msrp tell him you want the car for invoice... if he doesn't want to deal ask to speak to a manager if they still wont give you what you want move on to the next dealership... to get a fair price it might not be easy... you could get lucky and the first one you go to will give you a good deal or you might need to go to 3 or 4 dealerships to get what you want... thats the best advise i can give you but if you want, come out to cars & coffee and meet everybody before you go into another dealer and we can talk in person. i have a cyber grey v6 rs... i hope this helps!!!! Alex
Worded very well, Alex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Alex, is it? Thanks for the response! I will definitely try that at some point this week and let you all know how it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out for C&C next weekend.

It's looking more and more like I'll be waiting a bit before I get my hands on a new car, though. I wouldn't really mind buying off the lot, but the very few 45th's I've seen out here so far are either convertibles are automatics, and both options are dealbreakers for me. I'm pretty sure that, thanks to demand, it'll be a while before I can get a 45th at or below invoice... Perhaps I would have better luck with a straight 2SS/RS, but the interior and the sill plates on the 45th's look so sharp... And the 45th package is only 25$ more than the RS package? Honestly why would anyone who's getting a 2012 Camaro get the RS package over the 45th package? I guess maybe if you hated the color...
I can recommend Mark from Findlay Chevy but, we all have different dealerships and salesman we can recommend. I have bought 2 Camaros so far in less than 2 years from 2 different dealerships and both were very different experiences. I ordered my first one and bought off the lot for my second one. I agree if you want certain options you need to order. Your financing wont be done till the car comes in but I have heard of them doing it early but you have to give your trade in I think then. I could be wrong though. Interest rate specials seem to change monthly so be aware of that. LVINDY has bought 4 Camaros in less than a year so he will be a good person to talk to if you can make it to C&C some morning. As far as the 45th anniversary option not everyone will like it or want it but, those who do it is a great option!

I hope you can get the car you want and not have to settle!

Lori

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:33 AM   #1659
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Thanks, Lori! I'll defnintely get the car I want. Even if it means waiting. I'd just prefer not to do so.. :P
Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #1660
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Thanks, Lori! I'll defnintely get the car I want. Even if it means waiting. I'd just prefer not to do so.. :P

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #1661
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Hey guys sadly I am a camaro owner no more. Due to various reasons traded the little one in. Maybe in a couple years I'll buy another one but until then it was great hanging out the few times I was able too.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #1662
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalemt View Post
Hey guys sadly I am a camaro owner no more. Due to various reasons traded the little one in. Maybe in a couple years I'll buy another one but until then it was great hanging out the few times I was able too.

That's a bummer. Good luck and we hope to see you again some other time.

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #1663
rideongator

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Vegas baby!!
rideongator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #1664
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
welcome rideongator check out our social group sin city gen 5's
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #1665
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideongator View Post
Vegas baby!!

Hi Rideongator! check out our social group and also our website at www.sincity5.com and we also have a facebook page!!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #1666
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
bump, because vegas is cool. and i'm bored.