Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #57
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Kronix,
If you don't mind me asking. What did you pat for the 650 SLP package. I have SLP headers and want the same. I sent SLP an email requesting a price for the install and badges. But never received a response. I would like to stay with parts gm will honor as well.
Ritchie, I'll send you a pm with the info & my contact at SLP, they're usually good at getting back to me within a few hours. Not sure with the holiday tomorrow if they're taking the rest of the week off, but the person I'll point you to will respond ASAP.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #58
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
you guys laugh at the 1.9 blower, but honestly in the low boost applications this blower rocks on the street... very fast blower response, makes the car really fun on the street
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #59
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
If you have issues with your car, you can also take it to Libertyville Chevy Performance Center. They did some warranty work on my engine without question. They're the ones that even offered up to me. I was at an open house for them and someone noticed my A/C belt was off track (again). I brought the guys over from the Perf Center to look at it and they said they'd be more than happy to work with me on it. When I questioned them on the blower, they looked me straight in the face and with all seriousness said "Why would that matter? Your blower didn't cause this issue. We'll get it taken care of" and sure enough, they did. They also replaced some bits in my clutch due to noise and binding -- also under warranty.

Now, your mileage may vary depending on the circumstances.. But, considering how much performance work they do with GM vehicles, they're in my top list of which dealers I'll trust. They've shown themselves to not be a dealer just looking to make a buck off their customers.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #60
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
If you have issues with your car, you can also take it to Libertyville Chevy Performance Center. They did some warranty work on my engine without question. They're the ones that even offered up to me. I was at an open house for them and someone noticed my A/C belt was off track (again). I brought the guys over from the Perf Center to look at it and they said they'd be more than happy to work with me on it. When I questioned them on the blower, they looked me straight in the face and with all seriousness said "Why would that matter? Your blower didn't cause this issue. We'll get it taken care of" and sure enough, they did. They also replaced some bits in my clutch due to noise and binding -- also under warranty.

Now, your mileage may vary depending on the circumstances.. But, considering how much performance work they do with GM vehicles, they're in my top list of which dealers I'll trust. They've shown themselves to not be a dealer just looking to make a buck off their customers.
They are pretty good, but I would also recommend Grossinger Chevrolet in Palatine. They have one of the best LS-based master mechs out there who only works on Corvettes and Camaros. He has built 3 cars for me now and everyone of them has been a monster with no issues.

From a tuning perspective, I am not familiar with Straightline, however I have had great success and big numbers with Speed Inc. in Schaumburg. They are some of the pioneers when it comes to FI on LS based motors, and they have done a great job with my car (see numbers).
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
milesss

Drives: 2010 hurst, 2-69s, 65 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
you guys laugh at the 1.9 blower, but honestly in the low boost applications this blower rocks on the street... very fast blower response, makes the car really fun on the street
mine is fun on the street to..
Attached Images

Last edited by milesss; 07-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.
milesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #62
800+ CTS-V

Drives: 09 Cadillac cts-v
Quote:
I have been lurking on this forum for a while now so I figured I would join in on the fun. The Lsa 1.9 blower is a very good blower and hard to beat. I have been 9.97@139 in my Cts-v at 4300lbs with a stock cubed motor on blower only no meth no no2. I have seen these blower make over 700hp. I would consider one of these blowers over any of the ones mentioned in this thread.
800+ CTS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iburyyou View Post
I'm not arguing with them anymore. Just happy to be having it done finally and I'm satisfied with edelbrock. With straightline performance doing it I'm also saving over $1000 so I'm having them throw on some headers too. As far as the slp route I'm kind of feeling better about it having a company that puts these on all the time opposed to a gm mechanic that admitted this would have been his 1st install of a supercharger. I know he's very well trained but I like experience.
I am confused... I was under the impression with the Edelbrock Warranty that you couldn't have anything else done to the engine, besides the Supercharger and that it had to be installed by a Edelbrock Shop? If they are going to put headers on the car, aren't you are going to need a re-tune? And this tune is going to have to be custom because Edelbrock doesn't offer a tune for Headers or even a CAI.

I am not questing Staightline, it's just that when I did my homework, I passed on the warranty for the very reason that I already had headers.

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #64
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
No headers but you can have a Catback. You are correct the provided tune is only for Stock Engine/Manifold/Cats You can use a dealer Mech or any ASA certified Tech for install.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ranty_Form.pdf

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #65
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
No headers but you can have a Catback. You are correct the provided tune is only for Stock Engine/Manifold/Cats You can use a dealer Mech or any ASA certified Tech for install.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ranty_Form.pdf
Thanks!! Oh well, I wouldn't qualify for the warranty since I am doing it myself. lol I am about half way done with my install. I am going to try and put some good hours in the next few saturdays. I'd prob be done if I wasnt doing the L99 to LS3 conversion at the same time.

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #66
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Is their any blower that isn't really fun on the street?
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #67
Iburyyou

Drives: 2012 ss
Quote:
I am confused... I was under the impression with the Edelbrock Warranty that you couldn't have anything else done to the engine, besides the Supercharger and that it had to be installed by a Edelbrock Shop? If they are going to put headers on the car, aren't you are going to need a re-tune? And this tune is going to have to be custom because Edelbrock doesn't offer a tune for Headers or even a CAI.

I am not questing Staightline, it's just that when I did my homework, I passed on the warranty for the very reason that I already had headers.
Straightline is a edelbrock approved shop and never told me i could do headers with an edelbrock tune. They are doing a custom tune. as i mentioned before, if I need work and my waranty is voided by something i'll just have to pay it.
Iburyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
Qui3tStorm

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS
Not sure if I missed it, but what kind of hp/trq numbers can be expected when installing the 1.9L on the SS?
Qui3tStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #69
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Andy just installed an 1.9 lsa blower on a 6.2 and it made over 630 to the wheels! A whole lot more than that e-force will do on moderate boost!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236983
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #70
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Andy just installed an 1.9 lsa blower on a 6.2 and it made over 630 to the wheels! A whole lot more than that e-force will do on moderate boost!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236983
Can say that again
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote