Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
It's Been a Sad, Sad Month...

Well, this was a bad month to be a car in my family...

First I got in to my very first wreck, because SOMEBODY was on the wrong side of the road (the Vibe is mine)...

Then my dad hydroplaned and totaled the Vette...

I can't wait for this month to be over.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Ouch. Your first wreck always sucks. I got rearended in front of Sonic in our town... My bumper was pretty messed up and it knocked both the visors out and the center vents popped out. I had to play in a golf tournament the next day and my back and neck were killing me. Was it ruled their fault?

That REALLY sucks about the Vette!! That is a heartbreaker!! :(

Sorry about your luck!!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
ouwch, that's a nice chunky wad of cash right there I'm so sorry fpr your dad's loss

Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Was it ruled their fault?
I'm working on it, the other driver is lying to his insurance company so it's taking a bit longer then it should. The other driver told the insurance company that he saw me, came to a stop, and tried to backup... Not to mention I can prove that he was still moving forward because of some of the damage to the front bumper... So right now their only accepting 70% liability because they said I was going too fast.

...second to none
Old 08-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Damn work filter.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
What a shame, but at least no one was hurt!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sooo, sorry! I hate it when people get stupid and lie to bail themselves out. You'd think just the fact he was on the wrong side of the road would be enough to over-rule his protests...

I actually winced when I saw that Vette! ooooh, I'm pained... That sucks so, so, so Bad! The first thing I noticed was how all the plastic (or whatever it really is) was not bent or severly dented, but how it snapped off! I suppose that your Dad was okay, since you're posting about the cars?

(sigh) That really, really sucks.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Sooo, sorry! I hate it when people get stupid and lie to bail themselves out. You'd think just the fact he was on the wrong side of the road would be enough to over-rule his protests...

I actually winced when I saw that Vette! ooooh, I'm pained... That sucks so, so, so Bad! The first thing I noticed was how all the plastic (or whatever it really is) was not bent or severly dented, but how it snapped off! I suppose that your Dad was okay, since you're posting about the cars?

(sigh) That really, really sucks.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, there were no injuries in any of these accidents .

What happened with the Vette was my dad hit a patch of water in a dip, spun out, and hit a guardrail. Basically took the nose clean off (as you can see). The bumper and the headlights were about 40 feet behind the car. The skin of the hood was back there too. The battery was sticking about halfway out of the side of the car. And yeah, the body panels are plastic that's why it looks like that, now had it been my car, I'm sure it would look completely different- a little more crumply less riped off.

...second to none
Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
70%

I CALL on their insurance company and this is why. First off...I haven't heard all the specifics regarding your accident. But, looking at the pixtures alone, here's what I see.

1. You have the right of way. You are on the main road and he is, what appears to be, making a left turn in front of you. You probably have the option of going straight or turning right. BUT, he must yield right of way to you. Is there a stop sign for him? I don't see one. Again, this is what I see from the pix.

2. I've seen hundreds of accidents. If you were going too fast, there would most likely be more damage than that. I'd say you were doing 15mph...MAYBE 20 tops...but doubt that. And...if you were going too fast, not only would there be more damage, but the other car would have probably been moved over to his right more. No...you weren't speeding.

3. He came to a stop and then backed up??? You don't pull out in front of someone to go "OH SH!T" and throw it in reverse to back up. That's just not how it works and isn't a normal response. The normal response is to floor it or slam on the brakes. You don't stop and reverse.... AND...if you do, you're still at fault.

4. He already failed to yield ROW, but yeah...it looks like he cut the turn. Cutting the turn would not make it his fault or your fault in the acc....unless he has no stop sign and was making a left in front of you as you were making a right. Then, by him cutting the corner, would be an improper left turn (cut corner on left), and you could even go failing to maintain same lane (although I don't see any turn marks there).

5. It's tough to tell from those pictures, but you have to show a point of impact on your car and then show a direction of the scratches. That will usually help to give a reference point.

If any of this is right, take those pictures to his insurance company and don't settle on ANYTHING for the sake of settling. If you are 100% in the right, fight'em. I've had to do it before w/ other lying drivers and I've stuck it out. They got my first recorded statement and went back to their client. They called me back saying they got different stories. I told them, "Of couse you would. Because she doesn't want to take responsibility. I was expecting that." They asked for another recorded statment. I told them they could kiss it...becuase they already recorded a statement and if they "forgot" what I said, they could "roll back the tapes." No, I'm not stupid. They were trying to get me to foul up something and then use that against me. Please....they tried numerous times over the next two weeks for me to give another statement and I stuck to my guns. Next thing I knew...full check for all damages. AND, this was after the officer put the lady COMPLETELY at fault. Increadible what people do these days. Just suck it up folks...if you screw up, take it....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

I was heading North in the Art Institute of Tampa’s parking lot going about 10-15 MPH, coming up on a Y intersection. I was preparing to bear right to the East (I wasn’t in the interception, and hadn’t started to turn yet) when a silver Cobalt LS on the right side (my right, his left hand side) of the road heading West attempting to go South cut right in front of me. Because of some bushes and his location, I could not see him in time to stop, I attempted to break and swerve to the right, but could not stop in time and he hit me. I got out of my car through the back passenger door because my door would not open, he accused me of going too fast I told him I wasn’t speeding, I accused him of being on the wrong side of the rode, he denied it. There were not signs.

...second to none
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Parking lots are the worst.. most insurance companies rule them no fault to either driver because there are no traffic laws on private property.

Obviously its the other persons fault, wish ya luck with that guy!

PS the vette almost made me cry.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sucks but Diarmadhi is right. PRivate crives and property equals no fault accidents. Police should not and most times will not issue a ticket for those types of accidents. Best thing to do is make one statement and have the best body shop that is qualified to do insurance work give a full quote.

Live in a state where there is no fault and see how that goes!
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Other drivers fault completely. They should pay up 100%. I see the better diagram now, and now feel 100% about this....and he didn't hit you. You hit him...which is okay to say. Because you wouldn't have hit him if he was doing the right thing. Don't give up on this one. You weren't speeding. Tell'em you're going to get a lawyer if they try to screw you. If they did to me, I would do it for sure.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #14
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
I love using technology to our advantage like this...
100 years ago to explain this accident two guys would probably draw a some lines in the dirt.
50 years ago they would use a pen and paper.
Today we grab satillite image from Google, pop it into MS Paint, share it with 10's or 100's of people on a forum who are thousands of miles apart, AND call it the quick and easy way to do it.

Thats sweet

oh yea... and good luck!