Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #239
Handy Corpse

Drives: 98 Honda Civic
As everyone has said here, thank you for reaching out to the customer for feedback.

The 2010 Camaro is a beautiful car and a work of art. I applaud you for sticking so close to the concept. I actually held off on the 2010 for 2011 hoping some of these suggestions would be available.

1. HUD - this is my number 1 for a reason!
2. Update the digital displays - beautiful car, gorgeous interior, drab 2-tone 8-bit digital displays for driver console and radio - should be high res, multi-color displays
3. I concur with continuing the detail lighting over the dash
4. I love the interior design, but not the materials - too much cheaper plastic (reminds me of the 2005ish Cadillac, great design, cheap looking interior)
5. Either drop the faux rear brake intakes or actually cut them out/make them functional (I hated the faux intakes on the Mustang and I was bummed to see the Camaro have them as well)
6. Afterburn tail lights
7. Rear camera would be nice as well

Again, thank you for reaching out to us for input. Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store.
Handy Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #240
Peet

Drives: Chrysler Minivan?
I would like to see the "Dusk" concept from SEMA made available to mere mortals.
Peet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #241
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
My list would be as follows

1. All-way power adjustable passenger seat
2. Memory seats driver & passenger
3. Auto climate control
4. Warning lights for the backup sensors
5. Mail slot delete
6. Keyless start
7. Better/Thicker paint and better QC on same
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #242
ssjoe
Ollie

Drives: 02 Subrbn/94 Prizm/10 SSRS :)
One more thing. Could you possibly make the next model more roomy? Kind of like the 67-69 roomy? I could sit in the back seat semi comfortable in a 69 put not in the 2010. Not that I sit back there but my growing kids do. Thanks again!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #243
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Love the Camaro. Power is awesome and the way the vehicle handles is tight and comfortable. Things to look into - The side window in the back needs to be made bigger and further back (limited line of sight is brutal at a fork), ambient lighting running around the front of the interior should be looked into (love it on the door and then it stops), a possible navigation system and rear view cam with radio or on mirror?

Would love a hard top convertible, but, I'm seeing and hearing a lot about the ragtop (after a few years of running at high speeds that rag top will flap like an old ladies busom). Incorporate some of the things above into the vert.

Camaro is by far the best deal out there!!!! Keep it up Chevy!!!!
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #244
aloppen
Camaro Chief

Drives: 1968 Camaro Convertible
You're forgetting someone in that picture!

Hey, Disciples.....you need to get that picture updated from Kevin with my face photoshopped in there. It reinforces my paranoia that you waited until I left the Proving Grounds to take that picture every time I see it................Of course, I'm totally kidding, but I committed to remind you all of this whenever I could. I'll remind you again when I join your event!
aloppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #245
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Bring back Lemans blue....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #246
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloppen View Post
Hey, Disciples.....you need to get that picture updated from Kevin with my face photoshopped in there. It reinforces my paranoia that you waited until I left the Proving Grounds to take that picture every time I see it................Of course, I'm totally kidding, but I committed to remind you all of this whenever I could. I'll remind you again when I join your event!
Those sly dogs!!

You should just replace that picture with one of just YOU, Al!! (for a little while....)
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #247
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
1: Aluminum Frame
2: Fiberglass parts
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #248
camaro1324

Drives: none
Any word yet on the changes.

Or when we are going to hear the changes.

I heard around April 15th, 2010.
camaro1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #249
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
I agree that LOVE isn't near strong enough to describe how I feel about this car. Great job GM!

Here's what I wish was different about my nearly perfect Camaro!

Interior Improvements:
***Seatbealt SHOULDER strap height adjustment so it can be raised and lowered, PLEASE. (Mine strangles me once I get the seat adjusted to reach the clutch)
Ditto on the Dash ABL (add it please)
Ditto on the gas cap holder (improve so it holds the cap even in windy conditions)
Ditto on improving interior lighting
Ditto on improving appearance of mufflers (I consistently get negative comments about how "ugly" they are being visible from underneath :()
Auto tranny with the LS3 (disappointed I had to choose between the more powerful engine and being able to drag race my car)

Exterior Improvements:
Ditto for the functional mail slot
Offer a different exhaust pipe shape for those odering ground effects (a round peg in a square hole is not aesthetically pleasing. )
Sunroof that retracts into the roof rather than lifts up and over

And no, if you offered me a car with all these improvements, I wouldn't trade my early order 2010 for it. But hopefully by the time I can afford to buy another one, it will have all these creature comforts.

Thanks for letting us weigh in and to help keep the Camaro the best car on the road!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #250
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
1.) You've heard it enough, but the location of the cupholders make it difficult to shift.

2.) I also agree that the paint seems too thin.

3.) The seatbelt slips out of the snap retainer too often and rides up on my neck.

4.) I don't think I've heard this one before, but I get a lot of crap building up on the door sill between washes. I'd like to see the bottom of the door overlap it a little to keep road salt and grime from getting in there to annoy me when I open the door and see that it needs to be cleaned. [Edit: I looked at the door after I posted this and it actually does overlap a decent amount and has a rubber gasket along the bottom edge. I'm not sure why it's still getting so dirty in there. I'll have to make sure that gasket is sealing against the door like it is supposed to.]

5.) I'd also like to see an access door on the drivers side of the dash to get to the fuse panel there without pulling the whole side of the dash off.

6.) Is all that styrofoam really necessary to hold the fix a flat air pump? I'd much rather see some kind of tray in there where you could store stuff out of sight, instead of just taking up so much room with a bunch of styrofoam that you have to fight with to get the air pump in and out of.

[EDIT: 7.) I would also like to be able to use the fog lights as actual fog lights at night.]

You've made an unbelievable car GM... thank you for asking for our opinions about how to make it better.

Last edited by Sterling; 03-02-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #251
Rtrick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
First of all, I would like to say Chevy did an amazing job on a first year production car, and thank you for providing the opportunity to provide input on future models. I am truly impressed with my 2010 Camaro.

In the short, most of the items I would like to see have to do with the interior as follows:

1. I am not a big fan of the steering wheel. It's has an odd shape, and does not feel comfortable in my hand. I would also like to see the shifters on the Autos moved higher and setup more like paddle shifters rather than buttons.
  2. There is too much plastic in the interior. I know a lot of people love the lighted side panels, but they are a little too Disco for my tastes. Personally, I think American muscle cars should be more Rock and Roll than Disco. More metal trim and leather would be nice.
  3. If you have read some of the posts on this website, you will find a lot of complaints about the sound system. You will also find how difficult it is to do something as simple as replacing the speakers. Redesign the sound system for easy upgrade, so what should cost one hour in labor charges does not cost four to five hours. I am not talking about the replacing head unit, just simple things like upgrading the speakers and amp. Keep in mind, people will always want to upgrade their sound systems - make it easy by keeping it simple.
  4. Get rid of the On Star rear view mirror - it blocks too much of my forward vision. Move the On Star buttons down to the dash, and replace it with a smaller review mirror. Every time I get on a freeway on-ramp that is curved, I end up bobbing and weaving my head to see what's ahead of me around the corner.
In the long term, I would like the see visibility and handling improvements.

One final note, which is a somewhat off base for this post. I heard rumors about the Z/28 having a supercharged LS3. If you do that, every auto magazine will take the Camaro head-to-head against the Shelby GT500 on both the drag strip and on the track, which adds a lot of pressure to beat it. Personally, I am a huge fan of naturally aspirated power plants. I think Chevy should go for the cool factor, rather than taking on the GT500. My dream Z/28 would have a naturally aspirated LS7 engine, putting out around 550 HP. How cool would it be to have Z/28 badges with "427" painted on the hood cowling.
Rtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #252
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrick View Post
My dream Z/28 would have a naturally aspirated LS7 engine, putting out around 550 HP. How cool would it be to have Z/28 badges with "427" painted on the hood cowling.
My dream Z/28 would have a naturally aspirated LS? engine, putting out around 500 HP. How cool would it be to have Z/28 badges with "302" painted on the hood cowling!! And make that available in Rallye Green please! Seriously, I thank Chevy for making the effort to get input on future versions, I think the 2010 Camaro is a winner and I look forward to what else is coming along. At this time I only have some general thoughts for where I think the Camaro needs to focus, lighter weight being a big one (and I realize that not much can happen with weight until a new platform is used). Perhaps a little more leeway in equipment packages like having fewer "bundled" items/packages and giving the buyer a little more choice. More of the heritage exterior colors need to be available, tires the same size all around, just some common sense things that would make a new Camaro even more appealing.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote