Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #477
SSTAT

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 1997SS NASA Road Racer
As soon as I wrote that I knew someone would make that argument. But corvette has owned the long hood, front engine design from the 70s until the 612 (I dont count the marinello), thats a good 35-40 yr absence for ferrari. Vette may have stole it, but vette owns this shape for anyone under 40 years old or so. By the way, you can make an argument without being insulting... cant you??
SSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #478
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #479
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
I disagree with the badgeless scenario...

The hood/door/deck proportions, greenhouse (glass), and side profile all SCREAM Corvette to me. On a bad day seeing this thing badge-less, I might have suggested that Ferrari tried to copy the 'Vette...because it looks like one!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #480
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
I'll take that bet in a heartbeat
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #481
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:

I'd take this bet. Heck, if it was't badged ( and i couldnt see inside) I would take the F12 to be a Vette.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #482
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I disagree with the badgeless scenario...

The hood/door/deck proportions, greenhouse (glass), and side profile all SCREAM Corvette to me. On a bad day seeing this thing badge-less, I might have suggested that Ferrari tried to copy the 'Vette...because it looks like one!

I agree, it's funny to me that people can't see Corvette in this car... In fact when I first saw the new Viper I was like is that the new vette?... This C7 is a Vette alright look at it next to every generation prior and you can see the progression.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #483
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewnhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
You would have guessed wrong

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #484
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
This Corvette is going to be a home run with buyers. GM really nailed it. I may be trying to source a used one in a few years.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #485
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
This Corvette is going to be a home run with buyers. GM really nailed it. I may be trying to source a used one in a few years.
Yea. Ill agree with you. It will be a great seller. Because most people don't care about heritage. They just want the newest thing out. That's why the 5th gen sold crazy for the first couple years. Now they are everywhere and don't sell so quick.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #486
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Yea. Ill agree with you. It will be a great seller. Because most people don't care about heritage. They just want the newest thing out. That's why the 5th gen sold crazy for the first couple years. Now they are everywhere and don't sell so quick.
You sound like the guy that's afraid of change, I don't know what you're looking at but I think the majority of people rely on heritage and it's written all over the new corvette and that's what people buy into (sure all the technical stuff is cool too ). When GM releases a vehicle and can create this much excitement in people young and old(er) it must be striking a chord, much like the Camaro. Probably why there are some subtle influences, yet the Corvette designers and engineers have created a corvette that stirs the soul, much like each new generation of corvette has.

I don't know where you are getting you're information, but Camaros are selling just as well as they have when they were first introduced. Haven't you seen the information about sales for the Camaro for the last 3 years? here's a link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268876

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #487
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Interesting you don't think they're selling well anymore. In fact, the 5th-gen is still outselling Mustang, with strong numbers without very many incentives... Don't worry...

The key thing with heritage is that it has to stay in the past - otherwise it's not heritage anymore, it's "retro". You must build ON it, not with it...and that's what Team Corvette did. Just like Team Camaro did in 2009.

The more and more I read about and look at this Corvette the more thrilled I am! It is what the C6 tried to be...and what the modern Corvette should always be - a world-beater.

I'll have mine in night-race blue and black wheels, please.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #488
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Interesting you don't think they're selling well anymore. In fact, the 5th-gen is still outselling Mustang, with strong numbers without very many incentives... Don't worry...

The key thing with heritage is that it has to stay in the past - otherwise it's not heritage anymore, it's "retro". You must build ON it, not with it...and that's what Team Corvette did. Just like Team Camaro did in 2009.

The more and more I read about and look at this Corvette the more thrilled I am! It is what the C6 tried to be...and what the modern Corvette should always be - a world-beater.

I'll have mine in night-race blue and black wheels, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You sound like the guy that's afraid of change, I don't know what you're looking at but I think the majority of people rely on heritage and it's written all over the new corvette and that's what people buy into (sure all the technical stuff is cool too ). When GM releases a vehicle and can create this much excitement in people young and old(er) it must be striking a chord, much like the Camaro. Probably why there are some subtle influences, yet the Corvette designers and engineers have created a corvette that stirs the soul, much like each new generation of corvette has.

I don't know where you are getting you're information, but Camaros are selling just as well as they have when they were first introduced. Haven't you seen the information about sales for the Camaro for the last 3 years? here's a link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268876
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #489
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #490
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
God love that guy.

$1,000,000 dollars, huh?

That's some damn fine demand!!

Didn't the first Camaro "only" pull like...350,000 or something like that?