Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #1023
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
1) Who will be the hero to summarize the past 41 pages and start a new FUSE PULL thread with the summary?!

2) Is there yet a computer update or service bulletin that will fix the software on cars affected by this need for fuse pulling?
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #1024
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro View Post
Well, that just deflated my optimistic bubble.

My paranoid gut tells me that Chevy has no motivation to make a change that will increase the strain on the drive train on cars under warranty, unless a customer makes a very strong argument.

But I might be confused by a "placebo effect".

What else would explain this clandestine nonsense?

We are still looking into a definative answer.

I have been told that it was taken care of and an update was made. My dealer called me on my phone to have me come in to fix my car right after the problem was discovered officialy.

It really doesn't matter anymore unless you have an early build car. And if so, you can either take the car in for service, or pull the fuses. Takes all of 5 minutes.

My personal take on this is that anyone who won't go out and time their car to see if there is or isn't a problem, I really don't care at that point. I did everything in my power and means to bring this problem to the attention of the powers that be. It sucked, and it wasn't easy but we got attention. Scott got the engineers down to look at his car and verify that his car was slow. And they did verify. AND reported that the problem.

No. They didn't write a book about it, but for those of us who went through it, it was very real. Just not necessary anymore. I time my car regularly to make sure it's not back down to the low performance level and haven't had a problem. Of course I only use 93 Oct.

I'm still trying to run down the exact TSB for the cars effected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
1) Who will be the hero to summarize the past 41 pages and start a new FUSE PULL thread with the summary?!

2) Is there yet a computer update or service bulletin that will fix the software on cars affected by this need for fuse pulling?
Summary? Ok.

I will summarize the thread shortly. I can have Radz update it here. A new thread would get buried and we can't have two stickied threads. So I'll summarize and have it added to the OP of this thread.

EDIT: I just summarized my part in this. This particular thread bears us no new verifiable news.

Last edited by PQ; 07-31-2010 at 05:24 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #1025
Fourth Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
We are still looking into a definative answer.

I have been told that it was taken care of and an update was made. My dealer called me on my phone to have me come in to fix my car right after the problem was discovered officialy.

It really doesn't matter anymore unless you have an early build car. And if so, you can either take the car in for service, or pull the fuses. Takes all of 5 minutes.
I agree with your thoughts on customers not knowing their cars are not performing up to snuff.
I can't believe how many used SSs I'm seeing on Ford lots.
Seriously, at least half a dozen the last few months.

My problem is I'm looking at leaving my car for a day at the dealer, or a simple fuse pull.
Just annoying, not end of the world stuff.
So my hope is that it will pay off.......obviously.

Don't let some guy with a Jan '10 build date, a crappy attitude and an LS3 get under your skin.

I am very grateful I saw this thread last year!!!!!!!
I'll report back if I decide to visit the dealer.
Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #1026
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro View Post
I agree with your thoughts on customers not knowing their cars are not performing up to snuff.
I can't believe how many used SSs I'm seeing on Ford lots.
Seriously, at least half a dozen the last few months.

My problem is I'm looking at leaving my car for a day at the dealer, or a simple fuse pull.
Just annoying, not end of the world stuff.
So my hope is that it will pay off.......obviously.

Don't let some guy with a Jan '10 build date, a crappy attitude and an LS3 get under your skin.

I am very grateful I saw this thread last year!!!!!!!
I'll report back if I decide to visit the dealer.
I'm gonna go to my dealer as well and get a TSB number or whatever they use. I've just spent the last 11 months since fixing my car, enjoying it. Never really thougth about the dealer and wether or not they did whatever.

I remember my dealer hearing about my car being fixed BEFORE I told them becasue they said that when they called me. They wanted me to bring my car in because they FINALY had an answer to my problems but she told me that she heard I already fixed it and she asked me what I did.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #1027
PQ
Booooosted.

Ok. I don't think there is a 'Quick' summary for this. But let me try.

See, there was this guy, Sangyup Lee, well he ..................................

Ok, THAT would be the long version..............

I got my car on June 1st 2009 and obviously it was an exciting day. .............. Name:  22.gif
Views: 8875
Size:  613 Bytes Damn..... still too long..........

I went to visit Scott Sherman (Scott@Bjorne3D) when Bonnie did Stephanies hair. When I pulled up he asked me if I thought the car was slow. I did actually think it seemed a tad sluggish but it was still powerful so I said no. Well, I got to thinking about it and decided to time the car. 0-60 mph and see what it would get. Supposed to get 4.7 right? Ok, so I figured, it's an automatic tranny, and barring spinning the tires, I shold be able to get 5.0 or there about.

My first try, (I was taking video of the IP and timing it on the computer) I got around 6.4 to 6.8 on three runs. Name:  huh.gif
Views: 8909
Size:  322 Bytes W...T...F...???

So, I called Scott and asked him what he thougt. His issue was not being able to spin the tires that well. So he thought the car was slugish.

Well, I was pretty pissed. I mean, it's an automatic tranny right? Doesn't take Mario freakin' Andretti to make it go straight. So I start asking questions. Right here on Camaro5 and I'm actually starting to get really pissed that people are telling me there is no problem and I just need to learn how to drive it, and the heat and humidity is slowing it down, and my 21 inch wheels are causing it to be slow, and the earths gravitational pull is stronger in Alabama, or whatever..................

(aand yes, the 'need to learn to drive it' thing lit a fire)

So I time my car again and again and again. I'm averaging around 6.3 or so. I'm getting times as bad as 6.7 and the best was 5.9 on one run, the second best during all of this was 6.1, never a 6.0 but 5.9 was the best.

I was pissed. This was 1.6 seconds off the advertised mark of 4.7 seconds. So now there are a few other guys who join me and Scott with the issue. (It did seem coincidental, or convenient if you were a skeptic, that me and Scott were freinds and the only ones who were bitching) But now there were others. Got REALLY frustrating when guys were telling us there was nothing wrong and we were crazy. REALLY REALLY, frustrating. And even my forum freinds were starting to make excuses for the car. (You know who you are, A-Holes, lol)

I continued to throw a fit, and Scott was sending messages to some GM people that he knew. I even took my car to the dealer about 5 different times to have them look at it. They got really sick of me coming in and I could see the look of disgust on their faces when I'd show up. At one point, one of the guys in the shop said "Sir, if you wanted a Corvette, you should have bought one" I was nearing the end of my rope. And I was about to get myself in trouble on camaro5 because I was about to go super duper 'OFF' on the boards.

I was instructed by one of the GM employees here on the boards to open up a TAC. That is a Technical Assistance Case. Well, I did so. Just as Scott had done a while before and got nowhere. But I did it. I had to eliminate any excuses they could have come back on me with. No way was I gonna here, "Sir, if you had done a TAC you woud have been fixed", no way. So I opened the case. KNOWING it would do no good.

All the while the few others on here (and I mean VERY few) were still having a problem too, and it seemed as if they were leaning on me to find us some help. In fact I got in several argument with a few guys that were basically telling me to shut up and quit bitching about it. I was closer and closer to a sploshun.

Now, at this point in time, Scott had gotten the GM engineers to bring a Camaro down to test against, and check out, Scotts car. They spent the whole day timing, testing, figuring, etc...... And when they left, Scott called me and with the great news that his car had just done 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. SAWEEEEEETTTTTTT right? That's right on for the heat and humidity, so it's all good. It's finaly done right?........ Not so fast.

Wait..............That didn't help the rest of us.

WTF??? - Week went by....... Then two.......... Then 3.... No update.

I'm now making small anti GM tid-bits in various places on the forums, and it's obvious I'm gonna explode at any time. Like the begging blasts of a volcano, in the weeks and months before the big eruption.

Well, I get a PM from GTAHVIT. He says he wants to talk to me. Gives me his phone number. So I call him later that evening. I'm thinking he may want to tell me to cool it or just try to help in whatever way.
I'm HOPING that he has some info for me. It was the first two basically. He says he can see I'm frustrated and assure me that I was not alone. I think if nothing else, he wanted to let me know that there were those who believe us. That there is a problem and just kinda calm me down a bit. This was the first time me and him ever spoke verbaly. And it worked. I had calmed down for the moment. Reluctantly, and ONLY out of respect for my new freind. But, I'm still steaming.

So then................. I get the call about my TAC.

And just at the point where I was so amped up pissed that I didn't even want to LOOK at this slow 'peice of crap' car. Much less drive it. Boiling and boiling. Phone rings. GM engineering division (or something like that) and the voice on the other end of the line sounded very pleasing and excited, she said "Sir, I'm happy to inform you that we are finished with your technical assistance case. We reviewed the diagnostic information on your Camaro and are glad to say that we found///// (I wish I could see the change in my face from this very moment of the phone call , to just after her next words were spoken because I was sure that Scotts car and what the engineers learned would be the good news)/////your car is running perfectly normal and there is nothing wrong with the car" ............................. Name:  4.gif
Views: 8863
Size:  536 Bytes............Name:  22.gif
Size:  613 Bytes..............Name:  102.gif
Views: 8836
Size:  6.0 KB......... Uh,,,,, excuse me. I must have heard you wrong. See, I'm Randall PeQueen, and it's the TAC with the 2010 black Camaro. .... "Yes, sir. There is nothing wrong with your car."............... Name:  22.gif
Size:  613 Bytes......Then why is it slow. I'm not getting the acceleration it's supposed to get. There is something wrong with my car dammit. Why don't you guys have someone drive it? You'll see that it's a second and a half slow. ......................... 'Sir, we don't drag test passenger vehicles'........................ Name:  huh.gif
Size:  322 Bytes ................... Name:  102.gif
Views: 8836
Size:  6.0 KB THEN WHY DO YOU USE DRAG TIMES WHEN ADVERTIZING THEM??????? And what the ***k happened to the engineers findings on the L99 in Eufala, AL? :upset:

Basically, she finaly just said "Sir, I'm sorry you are upset but your TAC is closed and your car is runing fine".

Now...........I'm ............ livid...........

I had typed up a big post and was saving it for 'The last straw' and actually still have it saved. Read it the other day. It was pretty good I must say, but I never got the chance to post it. But I was at my wits end. I had already sent an e-mail to someone at GM who I won't name here. Someone I met through the forum here after I got to know everyone. I basicaly told them what was in my post I wanted to post and this person said that they would have their team get my TAC and personaly take a look at it. He asked if I could give him some time and he'd get back to me. After the really crappy e-mail I'd just sent to him, I felt I could give him some time. So I was gonna wait for a response and was ready to drive my car to the dealer and park it front of the door and leave it.

But

Something happened.

Something that has to be told and heard.

On August 11th, member GMRULZ made a thread about pulling his PCM fuses just after a few Dyno runs and gained HP by doing so. I even posted in the thread. I overlooked it. It was only 8 HP, so I overlooked what he'd done.

So Scott calls me up one Sunday morning and says, hey, pull the 5 and 20 fuses out of your car and wait a while and put them back in. I asked why. He said he read a thread where GMRULZ had done it while on the dyno and gained HP.

NO!!!!!! I say. I'm done fooling around with this car. He insists that I do it. So I do it. I pulled those two fuses and went about doing the work around the house that I was already doing. I get a call about 3 hours later, It's Scott. He asks me what happened. I said, nothing, I haven't put them back in yet. So I say, I'll call you back.

I put the fuses in, close the lid, shut the trunk, open my driver door, put the key in it, turn the key............................................... ...Name:  huh.gif
Size:  322 Bytes...wait a minute................... did...... that ......sound differe............ am I just........... I could swear that jus.................

I didn't even go in the house and tell Bonnie I was leaving. I just got in and went straight to where I do my 1/4 mile times at.

*Keep in mind, that earlier I told you, in the nearly 3 months I had this car my best time was 5.9 and my average was around 6.3 seconds.*

I stage up. Set my timer. Cross my fingers. GO!!!!!!!!!!! OMMFG!!!!!!!!!! It felt much better. Not so much that I would take a bullet having to guess if it really was better or not, but better. The clock would tell me. So I get up to around 110 mph, back it down, and as I'm turning around, I pick up the timer............................... scared to look...........................

5.1 0-60 mph
13.26 Quarter Mile

My previous best 1/4 mile time was 13.9 and I was averaging about 14.1 so I was amazed.

Could this really be true. My heart was pumping and I wanted to call someone. BUT.......... I had to make sure. So I set up and ran again. I was so excited I was almost shaking. My tires were squeeling for the first time in 3 months. I'd listened to all the 'The tires are made to hook up to the road, and that's why they don't spin' talk on the boards from the talking heads. I had just done a burnout AND got 5.1 secs 0-60.

So I set up to go again. Set the timer, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to the end, ...............

4.9 0-60 mph
13.39 Quarter Mile

Ya, I know the 0-60 was faster and the quarter was slower. Maybe a Dynolicous glitch, but the timer was ALWAYS acurate against it's self so I knew I was a full second faster.

Then I verified it by taking video and comparing it against the timer.

So I call Scott first to tell him. Scott is pretty happy for me. I mean, I had tried the battery pull the night after we left their house and I got home. It didn't change anything but the radio and windows reset. So I never thought about it. But my car was fast now.

I called Chris and told him and he was obviously happy. (To this day he regrets not getting an L99) (Ok, maybe not)

So I post up my findings after I shoot the video in this thread and the fuse pull is blown out of the water. Everyone starts pulling their fuses. And benefitting. To this point, every car out there is still an early car so EVERY automatic is effected if they had any low octane gas in it.

I got so many PMs after that to tell me thank you it was unreal. I always replied to make sure they thank GMRULZ for posting it first. And Scott for noticing it and calling me and telling me....... no..... MAKING me do it.

But the most satisfying PM of all was a member who had sent me a time slip from North Carolina of him running a 13.8 quarter mile and telling me to shit the hell up and learn how to drive my car. Talked about the 21" wheels on my car, heat and humidity and how my times weren't even at an official track. He was tired of reading about my whinny ass slow car problem that he didn't belive existed. THAT guy sent me a time slip that read 12.9? can't remember the hundredth, but didn't matter, he sent it to me and just said "Sorry sir" with one of these.

Many people were benefitting. L99s mainly.

So there's a breif summary of the fuse pull from my perspective.

It was about a week later that my dealer called me. She had heard my car was fixed and asked me what I did to fix it. Said she had just got a TSB about it. I told her about the fuses and she said, well that's basically what we were gonna do so just keep an eye on it.

That was the last I have even dealt with it since then. My car has been running fine. Well,,,,,, as far as this goes anyway.

Last edited by PQ; 07-31-2010 at 05:16 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #1028
PQ
Booooosted.

Not necessarily a sum up of THIS thread. But nothing has changed since that time. We have no further info. Just a BUNCH of people who have benefited with this.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #1029
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. I don't think there is a 'Quick' summary for this. But let me try.

See, there was this guy, Sangyup Lee, well he ..................................

Ok, THAT would be the long version..............

I got my car on June 1st 2009 and obviously it was an exciting day. .............. Attachment 150377 Damn..... still too long..........

I went to visit Scott Sherman (Scott@Bjorne3D) when Bonnie did Stephanies hair. When I pulled up he asked me if I thought the car was slow. I did actually think it seemed a tad sluggish but it was still powerful so I said no. Well, I got to thinking about it and decided to time the car. 0-60 mph and see what it would get. Supposed to get 4.7 right? Ok, so I figured, it's an automatic tranny, and barring spinning the tires, I shold be able to get 5.0 or there about.

My first try, (I was taking video of the IP and timing it on the computer) I got around 6.4 to 6.8 on three runs. Attachment 150403 W...T...F...???

So, I called Scott and asked him what he thougt. His issue was not being able to spin the tires that well. So he thought the car was slugish.

Well, I was pretty pissed. I mean, it's an automatic tranny right? Doesn't take Mario freakin' Andretti to make it go straight. So I start asking questions. Right here on Camaro5 and I'm actually starting to get really pissed that people are telling me there is no problem and I just need to learn how to drive it, and the heat and humidity is slowing it down, and my 21 inch wheels are causing it to be slow, and the earths gravitational pull is stronger in Alabama, or whatever..................

(aand yes, the 'need to learn to drive it' thing lit a fire)

So I time my car again and again and again. I'm averaging around 6.3 or so. I'm getting times as bad as 6.7 and the best was 5.9 on one run, the second best during all of this was 6.1, never a 6.0 but 5.9 was the best.

I was pissed. This was 1.6 seconds off the advertised mark of 4.7 seconds. So now there are a few other guys who join me and Scott with the issue. (It did seem coincidental, or convenient if you were a skeptic, that me and Scott were freinds and the only ones who were bitching) But now there were others. Got REALLY frustrating when guys were telling us there was nothing wrong and we were crazy. REALLY REALLY, frustrating. And even my forum freinds were starting to make excuses for the car. (You know who you are, A-Holes, lol)

I continued to throw a fit, and Scott was sending messages to some GM people that he knew. I even took my car to the dealer about 5 different times to have them look at it. They got really sick of me coming in and I could see the look of disgust on their faces when I'd show up. At one point, one of the guys in the shop said "Sir, if you wanted a Corvette, you should have bought one" I was nearing the end of my rope. And I was about to get myself in trouble on camaro5 because I was about to go super duper 'OFF' on the boards.

I was instructed by one of the GM employees here on the boards to open up a TAC. That is a Technical Assistance Case. Well, I did so. Just as Scott had done a while before and got nowhere. But I did it. I had to eliminate any excuses they could have come back on me with. No way was I gonna here, "Sir, if you had done a TAC you woud have been fixed", no way. So I opened the case. KNOWING it would do no good.

All the while the few others on here (and I mean VERY few) were still having a problem too, and it seemed as if they were leaning on me to find us some help. In fact I got in several argument with a few guys that were basically telling me to shut up and quit bitching about it. I was closer and closer to a sploshun.

Now, at this point in time, Scott had gotten the GM engineers to bring a Camaro down to test against, and check out, Scotts car. They spent the whole day timing, testing, figuring, etc...... And when they left, Scott called me and with the great news that his car had just done 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. SAWEEEEEETTTTTTT right? That's right on for the heat and humidity, so it's all good. It's finaly done right?........ Not so fast.

Wait..............That didn't help the rest of us.

WTF??? - Week went by....... Then two.......... Then 3.... No update.

I'm now making small anti GM tid-bits in various places on the forums, and it's obvious I'm gonna explode at any time. Like the begging blasts of a volcano, in the weeks and months before the big eruption.

Well, I get a PM from GTAHVIT. He says he wants to talk to me. Gives me his phone number. So I call him later that evening. I'm thinking he may want to tell me to cool it or just try to help in whatever way.
I'm HOPING that he has some info for me. It was the first two basically. He says he can see I'm frustrated and assure me that I was not alone. I think if nothing else, he wanted to let me know that there were those who believe us. That there is a problem and just kinda calm me down a bit. This was the first time me and him ever spoke verbaly. And it worked. I had calmed down for the moment. Reluctantly, and ONLY out of respect for my new freind. But, I'm still steaming.

So then................. I get the call about my TAC.

And just at the point where I was so amped up pissed that I didn't even want to LOOK at this slow 'peice of crap' car. Much less drive it. Boiling and boiling. Phone rings. GM engineering division (or something like that) and the voice on the other end of the line sounded very pleasing and excited, she said "Sir, I'm happy to inform you that we are finished with your technical assistance case. We reviewed the diagnostic information on your Camaro and are glad to say that we found///// (I wish I could see the change in my face from this very moment of the phone call , to just after her next words were spoken because I was sure that Scotts car and what the engineers learned would be the good news)/////your car is running perfectly normal and there is nothing wrong with the car" ............................. Attachment 150386............Attachment 150377..............Attachment 150387......... Uh,,,,, excuse me. I must have heard you wrong. See, I'm Randall PeQueen, and it's the TAC with the 2010 black Camaro. .... "Yes, sir. There is nothing wrong with your car."............... Attachment 150377......Then why is it slow. I'm not getting the acceleration it's supposed to get. There is something wrong with my car dammit. Why don't you guys have someone drive it? You'll see that it's a second and a half slow. ......................... 'Sir, we don't drag test passenger vehicles'........................ Attachment 150403 ................... Attachment 150387 THEN WHY DO YOU USE DRAG TIMES WHEN ADVERTIZING THEM??????? And what the ***k happened to the engineers findings on the L99 in Eufala, AL? :upset:

Basically, she finaly just said "Sir, I'm sorry you are upset but your TAC is closed and your car is runing fine".

Now...........I'm ............ livid...........

I had typed up a big post and was saving it for 'The last straw' and actually still have it saved. Read it the other day. It was pretty good I must say, but I never got the chance to post it. But I was at my wits end. I had already sent an e-mail to someone at GM who I won't name here. Someone I met through the forum here after I got to know everyone. I basicaly told them what was in my post I wanted to post and this person said that they would have their team get my TAC and personaly take a look at it. He asked if I could give him some time and he'd get back to me. After the really crappy e-mail I'd just sent to him, I felt I could give him some time. So I was gonna wait for a response and was ready to drive my car to the dealer and park it front of the door and leave it.

But

Something happened.

Something that has to be told and heard.

On August 11th, member GMRULZ made a thread about pulling his PCM fuses just after a few Dyno runs and gained HP by doing so. I even posted in the thread. I overlooked it. It was only 8 HP, so I overlooked what he'd done.

So Scott calls me up one Sunday morning and says, hey, pull the 5 and 20 fuses out of your car and wait a while and put them back in. I asked why. He said he read a thread where GMRULZ had done it while on the dyno and gained HP.

NO!!!!!! I say. I'm done fooling around with this car. He insists that I do it. So I do it. I pulled those two fuses and went about doing the work around the house that I was already doing. I get a call about 3 hours later, It's Scott. He asks me what happened. I said, nothing, I haven't put them back in yet. So I say, I'll call you back.

I put the fuses in, close the lid, shut the trunk, open my driver door, put the key in it, turn the key............................................... ...Attachment 150403...wait a minute................... did...... that ......sound differe............ am I just........... I could swear that jus.................

I didn't even go in the house and tell Bonnie I was leaving. I just got in and went straight to where I do my 1/4 mile times at.

*Keep in mind, that earlier I told you, in the nearly 3 months I had this car my best time was 5.9 and my average was around 6.3 seconds.*

I stage up. Set my timer. Cross my fingers. GO!!!!!!!!!!! OMMFG!!!!!!!!!! It felt much better. Not so much that I would take a bullet having to guess if it really was better or not, but better. The clock would tell me. So I get up to around 110 mph, back it down, and as I'm turning around, I pick up the timer............................... scared to look...........................

5.1 0-60 mph
13.26 Quarter Mile

My previous best 1/4 mile time was 13.9 and I was averaging about 14.1 so I was amazed.

Could this really be true. My heart was pumping and I wanted to call someone. BUT.......... I had to make sure. So I set up and ran again. I was so excited I was almost shaking. My tires were squeeling for the first time in 3 months. I'd listened to all the 'The tires are made to hook up to the road, and that's why they don't spin' talk on the boards from the talking heads. I had just done a burnout AND got 5.1 secs 0-60.

So I set up to go again. Set the timer, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to the end, ...............

4.9 0-60 mph
13.39 Quarter Mile

Ya, I know the 0-60 was faster and the quarter was slower. Maybe a Dynolicous glitch, but the timer was ALWAYS acurate against it's self so I knew I was a full second faster.

Then I verified it by taking video and comparing it against the timer.

So I call Scott first to tell him. Scott is pretty happy for me. I mean, I had tried the battery pull the night after we left their house and I got home. It didn't change anything but the radio and windows reset. So I never thought about it. But my car was fast now.

I called Chris and told him and he was obviously happy. (To this day he regrets not getting an L99) (Ok, maybe not)

So I post up my findings after I shoot the video in this thread and the fuse pull is blown out of the water. Everyone starts pulling their fuses. And benefitting. To this point, every car out there is still an early car so EVERY automatic is effected if they had any low octane gas in it.

I got so many PMs after that to tell me thank you it was unreal. I always replied to make sure they thank GMRULZ for posting it first. And Scott for noticing it and calling me and telling me....... no..... MAKING me do it.

But the most satisfying PM of all was a member who had sent me a time slip from North Carolina of him running a 13.8 quarter mile and telling me to shit the hell up and learn how to drive my car. Talked about the 21" wheels on my car, heat and humidity and how my times weren't even at an official track. He was tired of reading about my whinny ass slow car problem that he didn't belive existed. THAT guy sent me a time slip that read 12.9? can't remember the hundredth, but didn't matter, he sent it to me and just said "Sorry sir" with one of these.

Many people were benefitting. L99s mainly.

So there's a breif summary of the fuse pull from my perspective.

It was about a week later that my dealer called me. She had heard my car was fixed and asked me what I did to fix it. Said she had just got a TSB about it. I told her about the fuses and she said, well that's basically what we were gonna do so just keep an eye on it.

That was the last I have even dealt with it since then. My car has been running fine. Well,,,,,, as far as this goes anyway.
That my friend is a GREAT read. I remember it well.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #1030
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
After you do the fuse pull, is there any particular driving style that the engine learns best with? How long does it take to relearn?
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #1031
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
PQ, after reading your full story I really wish that someone from GM had called you up and apologised for not taking you seriously and telling you that there was nothing wrong with your car.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #1032
gibblet342
Chris

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
So tried the fix to my 2010 L99 (got her two weeks ago) and felt a difference.... but still had to take it to the dealer for additional work. I told them about the slowness and hesitation... they swear they did nothing but restore factory defaults but the car is a whole new ride.

Took about 50 minutes for all the diagnostics to run and the reset, but yes, well worth it.

Nosce Te Ipsum
gibblet342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #1033
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
GM did in fact get involved. With both PQ and Scott@Bjorn3D.

Bottom line, we have no idea if the new ECM's have a new set of code.

And even though there isn't a TSB out, there may be an ECM flash that fixes this.

IT is real. Most certainly for the L99 and even for a few LS3's. it does appear that it is vastly more common to fix sluggish performance in the L99.

This is not a hoax it is a legit problem that was identified here and a solution provided by GM.. Dealers certainly couldn't figure it out...

No secrets, no conspiracy.

Lighten up people. This thread has done way more good than harm. There are many other threads around here that are ripe with speculation.

This is not one of them.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #1034
spooky0

Drives: Black on Black 2SS, ground eff
PQ you said in page 37 to a fellow Camaro owner

"You should have got the factory update if you've had it to the dealer lately. If not, then yours is affected. do the fuse pull and take it to your dealer for the flash".

my question is what do you mean take it to the dealer for the flash?
spooky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #1035
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky0 View Post
PQ you said in page 37 to a fellow Camaro owner

"You should have got the factory update if you've had it to the dealer lately. If not, then yours is affected. do the fuse pull and take it to your dealer for the flash".

my question is what do you mean take it to the dealer for the flash?
Yes. It was just recently, and I mean in the last week or so that I learned possibly otherwise. I was told by the guys from GM at the fest that a flash was sent. It's now much more uncertain. So if I can't verify for certain, I condider it non-existant.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #1036
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
After you do the fuse pull, is there any particular driving style that the engine learns best with? How long does it take to relearn?
No just drive it like you normaly do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
PQ, after reading your full story I really wish that someone from GM had called you up and apologised for not taking you seriously and telling you that there was nothing wrong with your car.
I was satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibblet342 View Post
So tried the fix to my 2010 L99 (got her two weeks ago) and felt a difference.... but still had to take it to the dealer for additional work. I told them about the slowness and hesitation... they swear they did nothing but restore factory defaults but the car is a whole new ride.

Took about 50 minutes for all the diagnostics to run and the reset, but yes, well worth it.
If it was an early car it's a probability. That's what the fuse pull does. Reset the car to factory defaults.