Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
**Video Added** CD07's DTH+KN Typhoon+MBRP

Yesterday I got my Doug Thorley shorties installed by the guys at Lonestar Performance. I'm so far really impressed with the tone and extra oomph I feel with them.

My system now includes the DTs, a K&N Typhoon short ram, and the MBRP cat-back system. I think it sounds really good. The only improvement I could see would be is that it sometimes gets a little raspy at WOT. I'm debating putting in the resonated X-Pipe to cure that, but I'm concerned that it might muffle it too much. I don't want to lose the sound and volume I have while normal driving just to have WOT sound a little better.

I need to throw the car on the dyno now that my performance mods are pretty much done, but haven't had the chance yet.

Videos will be coming ASAP- my camera just needs to recharge after the concert I went to last night

****VIDEO ADDED******
Just took some quick clips on the way to and from work today.
Watch in HD!

Side note: the guys at Lonestar Performance were telling me they just finished up putting the STS Turbo on a V6 recently. Said it was putting down 389 rwhp but he couldn't remember the torque numbers. He said it looked like a great system. Told me he could do mine for about $8000 out the door, wish I had that kinda money!

Last edited by CamaroDreams07; 09-12-2010 at 11:54 PM.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yesterday I got my Doug Thorley shorties installed by the guys at Lonestar Performance. I'm so far really impressed with the tone and extra oomph I feel with them.

My system now includes the DTs, a K&N Typhoon short ram, and the MBRP cat-back system. I think it sounds really good. The only improvement I could see would be is that it sometimes gets a little raspy at WOT. I'm debating putting in the resonated X-Pipe to cure that, but I'm concerned that it might muffle it too much. I don't want to lose the sound and volume I have while normal driving just to have WOT sound a little better.

I need to throw the car on the dyno now that my performance mods are pretty much done, but haven't had the chance yet.

Videos will be coming ASAP- my camera just needs to recharge after the concert I went to last night

Side note: the guys at Lonestar Performance were telling me they just finished up putting the STS Turbo on a V6 recently. Said it was putting down 389 rwhp but he couldn't remember the torque numbers. He said it looked like a great system. Told me he could do mine for about $8000 out the door, wish I had that kinda money!
Glad to hear the intial report.

Who did we see in concert last night??!!!! (We're concert junkies ourselves...lol)

And standby for some V6 Turbo news. We're (with Motiva/Hellion) getting it together on a Twin Turbo setup that should be closer to 475 and be under $7000. That's the goal.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Glad to hear the intial report.

Who did we see in concert last night??!!!! (We're concert junkies ourselves...lol)

And standby for some V6 Turbo news. We're (with Motiva/Hellion) getting it together on a Twin Turbo setup that should be closer to 475 and be under $7000. That's the goal.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
475? Ok I don't need to eat, I'll start saving now And I went to the Rockstar Uproar Metal Festival- headlined by Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed. Was craaaazy.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
475? Ok I don't need to eat, I'll start saving now And I went to the Rockstar Uproar Metal Festival- headlined by Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed. Was craaaazy.
LMAO...Go big or Go home around here sir. If you're going to TT a car, make power right??!!

We went to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest last month.

Got silly pics since I freelance shoot.

PM me your email addy and I'll send you some pics from the show.
Ivan
Old 09-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Video added to OP. What do you think?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Hey I like it! Sounds sweet and has some growl to it. Will be adding to the sticky.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Video added to OP. What do you think?
I would not have added it to our Facebook page if it wasn't great!

Well done and hope you enjoy it for years to come.
Ivan