Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
NoynuR

Drives: 2008 M3 ESS Supercharged 650Hp
Dealer damaged Rim what do i do?

so i had my flat black stock rims being put on new pirellis and mounted to my car and as i was picking it up i noticed the rim damaged i mentioned it to the service manager and he said he didnt know how it happened but it wasnt their fault the powdercoating place said they would repaint for free if it was cause of their fault but idk what to do should i contact gm and ask for a fix i definetly dont want to spend more money to take the rim back off get it fixed then mount it back on the car
NoynuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Speak to the main man at the dealership. Tell him what happened. Hopefully he will be a good man and fix it for you with out hassle. If not... Go to war!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
If the dealer damaged it. They should pay to fix it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Not to be rude, but, you may get more helpful responses if you used punctuation and somewhat better grammar.

Now, having said that. If you had the wheels powder coated the powder coating may not have been exactly perfect. Take a close look at the damage and see if it was caused by the tire installation.

If you believe it was, then go back to the service manager. If they won't work it out, go up to the next level. The owner.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
[QUOTE=greenrail;2651178]Not to be rude, but, you may get more helpful responses if you used punctuation and somewhat better grammar.

boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
As already stated, double check the type of damage. If it looks for sure like it was damaged during the tire installation, then go to the service manager at the dealer and ask them politely to fix it. Tell them that you will go up to the dealer owner if it isn't fixed. I would also be sure to take pictures of the damage as soon as possible so you have that for your records.

One point of clarification in something that you posted. You said: "should i contact gm and ask for a fix". This isn't a "GM" thing. There is a difference between GM and the specific dealer that installed your tire on your rim. Seems like semantics, but it isn't.

Good luck.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
Pappi

Drives: 2010 IBM 2 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Not to be rude, but, you may get more helpful responses if you used punctuation and somewhat better grammar.

Now, having said that. If you had the wheels powder coated the powder coating may not have been exactly perfect. Take a close look at the damage and see if it was caused by the tire installation.

If you believe it was, then go back to the service manager. If they won't work it out, go up to the next level. The owner.
So people that struggle with reading and writing in your opinion should not post on car forums ? Sorry for high-jacking the thread.
Pappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
As already stated, double check the type of damage. If it looks for sure like it was damaged during the tire installation, then go to the service manager at the dealer and ask them politely to fix it. Tell them that you will go up to the dealer owner if it isn't fixed. I would also be sure to take pictures of the damage as soon as possible so you have that for your records.

One point of clarification in something that you posted. You said: "should i contact gm and ask for a fix". This isn't a "GM" thing. There is a difference between GM and the specific dealer that installed your tire on your rim. Seems like semantics, but it isn't.

Good luck.
If the dealer damaged your wheels then you need to make them fix them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Chances are you signed a waver making them not responsible for any damage to after market products.

Good Luck
Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappi View Post
So people that struggle with reading and writing in your opinion should not post on car forums ? Sorry for high-jacking the thread.
That's exactly what his entire post said.</sarcasm>

Back on topic:

You probably should have taken a picture and had the Service Manager sign something saying that it was that way before you picked up the car. Hopefully everyone (in the future) will do the same.

Right now, this is your problem, but you shouldn't have to deal with it beyond the Service Manager. Call them and tell them to get their ducks in a row so you can have it fixed now. The rim should be sent out no later than Monday the 27th (or whenever (YOU, the Original
Poster)) want it sent out. If they can't make it happen then you want the next person in line that can make it happen.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
I had my rims painted..... and I found that everyone I talked with that would re-mount a used (any tire that has been installed once already) tire on my newly painted rims each wanted some form of waiver incase they scratched one using the mounting machine. Mine came out o.k., but, none would 100% guarantee 0 scratches.
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post
so i had my flat black stock rims being put on new pirellis and mounted to my car and as i was picking it up i noticed the rim damaged i mentioned it to the service manager and he said he didnt know how it happened but it wasnt their fault the powdercoating place said they would repaint for free if it was cause of their fault but idk what to do should i contact gm and ask for a fix i definetly dont want to spend more money to take the rim back off get it fixed then mount it back on the car
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Can we maybe get over the fact that there was no capitalization or punctuation? Its not like he was spelling horrifically or dissing on us. I think we all need to just calm down. Maybe he is an old guy who isn't very computer friendly.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #14
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappi View Post
I didn't say he/she shouldn't post. I said, he/she would be taken more seriously, had better grammar and punctuation been used. People can post what they want as long as it fits the forum rules.

But, be ready for responses which one may not like.

Back to the original thread.