Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Doug Thorleys FINALLY Installed!!

Hey guys I've been meaning to put up a bunch of threads of my car and the installs i have recently done... but ran into some family things etc... anyways everything is sorted out and I've just had time to install my Doug Thorley Shorties!

To start i was going to do these myself just like everything else but i had a good friend of my dad that owed him a favor, so i scored on some nice install on headers!! I brought the car in and they told me instead of doing a regular install of welding the down pipe to the header we will weld some flanges to each pipe and make it easier for you in case you needed a quick dissemblance. It turned out great and it even helped me worry less about a quick removal just in case... so we finished the install i drove home, and noticed a Exhaust leak!!I went back the next day and long behold the paper gaskets they used that they told me would not hold up between the flanges failed... so i purchased two copper gaskets from a local performance shop and put them on and BAM like brand new!

My Opinion- I LOVE THEM!!! Amazing headers.. sounds great paired up with the Flowmaster American Thunders, more of a Purr now and you can DEFINATELY feel the seat of the pants dyno it pulls a lot harder in the high RPM's, and my MPG went up too i drive pretty it pretty hard sometimes but i still manage 20-22 all city!

And the icing on the cake is that after installing i went to another local performance shop and decided to get dynoed!!! I'm stock otherwise headers and Flowmasters... sold Injen for new Vararam so this is stock intake with stock filter. I put down 238RWHP and 250RWTQ ... that is after 1.5 hrs of driving the car so definitely some heat soak in 28 degree Celsius weather (Canada)! not to bad here is the dyno sheet and pictures of headers

Heres a dyno video:

Enjoy and Discuss!
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Last edited by Victoryred69; 07-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Nice...looking forward to giving this a listen when I get home.

Something off with your dyno run though. No way the TQ was greater than the horsepower.
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Victoryred69

Yea i was kinda confused on that part... not reading right i do not think... anything in particular i need to hook up the car too to get a proper reading ?? And the fan was not too big either

Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill

Old 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
nice! Was thinking of going with shorites as well. I think you wouldve dynoes around 260 or higher with the way your torque is showing!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
TJ91

why do I feel like ive seen this exact car at York u
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Victoryred69

Shorties are the way to go if your not trying to get that tune right away kinda thing, and i think i parked beside you at York U! blacked out rims etc haha sweet

Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill

Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
gotexas25
Camaroholic

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Thanks for the great video. I've been torn between the power of LTs vs. the sound of shorties, and I'm joining the Flowmaster ATs + DTs club!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Shorties are the way to go if your not trying to get that tune right away kinda thing, and i think i parked beside you at York U! blacked out rims etc haha sweet
THATS YOU?!

No way. We need to park in the same lot this year then! haha
Old 07-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
Ir0nM4n

Drives: 14 1LE
Do you like the sound of the Flowmasters? I ask because I have a 50% off Flowmaster Mufflers Certificate. I really want MRT V1 exhaust, though cant beat 50% off a set of Flowmasters. I too am getting the Vararam Intake. Just need an owners opinion.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #10
RED10LS

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Victory Red
I've got the Flowmasters and I love em. Get the American Thunder kit. You'll thank me. Also where can I get the best deal on a set of these Headers for my LS V6?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #11
CatiaJockey

Awesome install! I wish they were kitted up the way your installer built them.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
Victoryred69

TJ91- yea that was me haha! But I was there to go see my girlfriend , we shud meet up though there's a big Roy foss car show for just Chevys this Saturday !

Mini Hlk- Yes I love the flowmasters everyone always asks if it's a v8 it's got a deep muscle car sound I love them there is drone but it doesn't bother me at all , I'm used to straight piped big blocks, I'm sure you'll love them though

Red 10ls- I got mine from Ivan from Southwest Speed! He's the man and he hooked me up thanks again!

CatiaJockey- Yea my installer did something that could come in handy for me so I though I'd show you guys, it obviously adds to the install time but it's well worth it! Thanks!

Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill

Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
gotexas25
Camaroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED10LS View Post
I've got the Flowmasters and I love em. Get the American Thunder kit. You'll thank me. Also where can I get the best deal on a set of these Headers for my LS V6?
I also love the sound the ATs give the LLT, not ricey at all IMO. Definitely contact Ivan at Southwest Speed for the headers, I ordered mine last night and can't say enough good things about my experience so far.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
TJ91- yea that was me haha! But I was there to go see my girlfriend , we shud meet up though there's a big Roy foss car show for just Chevys this Saturday !
You know about them York Girls haha Mine goes to Ryerson. We should definitly meet up sometime but I dont think ill be able to make it to the show on Saturday. Im supposed to hit up Wasaga on Saturday.

Ill let you know if anything changes
Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
Victoryred69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
You know about them York Girls haha Mine goes to Ryerson. We should definitly meet up sometime but I dont think ill be able to make it to the show on Saturday. Im supposed to hit up Wasaga on Saturday.

Ill let you know if anything changes
Haha for sure man and yea , i do know them .... And yea no problems I am still considering it i work till 6 and it starts at 6 lol! Enjoy man i went 2 weeks ago so nice up there the weather was beautiful and there was tonnns of people... be careful of the OPP though, there everywhere!!

Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill

Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
TJ91

Yeah man havnt been all year yet. Saturday is looking great for the beach
Hey Off topic and this thread has been jacked now but I got shipping update with friday delivery again. It left ohio today
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Victoryred69

Haha awesome man you'll have a good time bananas wasn't too bad the other week, and yea same !!! Mines coming tomorrow I think it says there was an import scan in Windsor :P

Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill

Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
TJ91

yeah man mine got an import scan at 4 in the morning, hasnt done anything since lol i want it now
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Amenti

Drives: 2010 1LT RS A6, C&C, Victory Red
Nice to have those flanges on there.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote