Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Needs Exhaust!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2008 XLR-V
Car Keyed, How long wait?

Hey Guys,

The jealous teenagers finally got me (two keys throughout passenger side door, two deflated tires - they also got my BMW X5 and it all happened in my driveway at night). I am not upset, but rather I pity that their lives have become so distraught that they have to refer to vandalism.

Anyways, the scratches are unfortunately through the paint. Would I need new panels? Also, if not, then how much time would it take to repair the damage? One day perhaps? What does the repair entail? I filed a police report and called my insurance that will contact me on Monday.

Well, guess it's time for motion lights until I am granted my permit to finish my garage
Needs Exhaust! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
another keyed story i have to read this morning!?....the audacity that some people have.. makes me so mad, sorry to hear about this.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
You're not upset? I would be waiting in the shadows every night till that cowardly scumbag comes back. Hell hath no fury like this Camaro owner scorned While I applaud your tolerance, I can't imagine many people would walk away indifferent to a keyed car and slashed tires.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Keyed through the paint doesnt mean new panels, just means new paint.

If its only on the clear, you can get it out by detailing, if its through the paint, need to be repainted, if its damage to the panel, like a dent or hole, then you would need body work, and if its crushed a panel, then you need a new panel.

Some people get new panels just because they dont like the idea of having bondo on their car, and it can make a better finished result
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
I hate hearing about this. Sorry for the damage.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Man that suks! What I cant understand is how these punks get at these cars? Are they left outside unattened? Can't imagine leaving such nice rides where they could be vandalized....educate my uninformed self. Everything is either locked in shop or garage or inside a fence with the guard dogs.

On the repair, a good body shop should be able to match and blend the paint so you can't tell....that is a GOOD body shop.

Put a vid camera out for 24/7 survelance as I suspect they will be back.

We have swamps full of gators here....they eat anything.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Needs Exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
another keyed story i have to read this morning!?....the audacity that some people have.. makes me so mad, sorry to hear about this.
Thank you. I do not see what gratification vandalizing property can give. If you know, then please enlighten me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
You're not upset? I would be waiting in the shadows every night till that cowardly scumbag comes back. Hell hath no fury like this Camaro owner scorned While I applaud your tolerance, I can't imagine many people would walk away indifferent to a keyed car and slashed tires.
I am not saying that I am indifferent. However, my priority is school work and maintaining my GPA. I cared enough to make this thread, but I will surely not let some low-life teenage drug-addicts ruin my studying by making me plot revenge. It is a waste of time, and my baby will be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Keyed through the paint doesnt mean new panels, just means new paint.

If its only on the clear, you can get it out by detailing, if its through the paint, need to be repainted, if its damage to the panel, like a dent or hole, then you would need body work, and if its crushed a panel, then you need a new panel.

Some people get new panels just because they dont like the idea of having bondo on their car, and it can make a better finished result
That makes sense, thank you. The car is going to be sent to the best guy in Massachusetts, so hopefully the results will make the car feel like new .

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
I hate hearing about this. Sorry for the damage.
300$ Deductible. My insurance representative is so kind that she is attempting to make me pay nothing out of pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Man that suks! What I cant understand is how these punks get at these cars? Are they left outside unattened? Can't imagine leaving such nice rides where they could be vandalized....educate my uninformed self. Everything is either locked in shop or garage or inside a fence with the guard dogs.

On the repair, a good body shop should be able to match and blend the paint so you can't tell....that is a GOOD body shop.

Put a vid camera out for 24/7 survelance as I suspect they will be back.

We have swamps full of gators here....they eat anything.
A garage is being built, but we are waiting for the permit. In all honesty, I have never had any reason to put a video camera, use gates, etc. I guess that the innate wickedness in man always finds a way to pierce through reason. Also, I usually study until 3:00 in the morning with the lights on in my room, so I've never had reason to believe that anyone would dare to do anything on my property. Yesterday I was tired and slept at 8:00. I guess this is a lesson that I shouldn't take breaks, and that I should buy a motion light
Old 11-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
damn you HATERS!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Needs Exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
damn you HATERS!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I can't wait for the day when these punks get caught
Old 11-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
doubletrouble

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
The panels with Key scrathes will need to painted and depending on how close to the end of the panel they will need to blend into the next body panel. There would be no reason to replace body panels. It will take a good week to repair. They have to take off the handles and other stuff like that, repair the scratches, prime, sand, paint, and put back together. Make sure you find a good shop, there are alot of hack shops out there. Good luck. :(
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
Needs Exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
The panels with Key scrathes will need to painted and depending on how close to the end of the panel they will need to blend into the next body panel. There would be no reason to replace body panels. It will take a good week to repair. They have to take off the handles and other stuff like that, repair the scratches, prime, sand, paint, and put back together. Make sure you find a good shop, there are alot of hack shops out there. Good luck. :(
Thank you for giving me a time frame.

Now, for the time being, I need to rent myself a new car .
Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
that sucks, i'm willing to be hired as a trunk monkey to anyone going through this, plus i'll bring my camaro to the driveway so you'll have an extra while i stay, lay and wait. couple hundred for the week + gas n i'm ready to catch a vandal n release aggression
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needs Exhaust! View Post
Hey Guys,

The jealous teenagers finally got me (two keys throughout passenger side door, two deflated tires - they also got my BMW X5 and it all happened in my driveway at night). I am not upset, but rather I pity that their lives have become so distraught that they have to refer to vandalism.

Anyways, the scratches are unfortunately through the paint. Would I need new panels? Also, if not, then how much time would it take to repair the damage? One day perhaps? What does the repair entail? I filed a police report and called my insurance that will contact me on Monday.

Well, guess it's time for motion lights until I am granted my permit to finish my garage
I admire your patience and reason despite a frustrating situation. You're right, being angry wont be too helpful right now. Setting up the necessary precautions like motion detectors, possibly a simple camera, the garage would all help you out.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote