Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
When Are We Going To See The Gray Stripe Option & More Exterior Colors?

I am still waiting to see what the gray stripes look like when you choose the exposed carbon fiber hood insert. My order has not been pulled yet so I would like to see what it looks like before it is so I can change it before.

And even though I am set on Summit White, it would still be nice to see some more exterior colors!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I have been wondering if they will look like the carbon fiber stripe on the Transformers Edition.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I left it off. I just don't think real carbon fiber will play well with a vinyl strip kit.

I too would like to see pics but I just don't see how that will work out good.

honestly I have seem most colors though. only ashen gray with exposed carbon insert. Ashen gray is my current color though.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
My dealer told me that December 20th, last Tuesday, was the last day to make changes on special orders even if the order hasn't been pulled for production. I would hope that they would be flexible enough to accept variations under your circumstances. Frankly, if my ZL1 shows up with a Hydra-Matic & polished 5 spokes... I wouldn't lose too much sleep. My understanding is that many orders got screwed up this month due to a software glitch... MINE included. My order had changed from an automatic to a manual & 5 spokes to 10 spokes when the ONLY change I made was the "deletion" of the lighted foot wells that were on the original order (dealer installed). It's a d@mn good thing I reviewed the preliminary purchase order prior to being set in stone. GOOD LUCK!
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I am still waiting to see what the gray stripes look like when you choose the exposed carbon fiber hood insert. My order has not been pulled yet so I would like to see what it looks like before it is so I can change it before.

And even though I am set on Summit White, it would still be nice to see some more exterior colors!
I seem to recall being told they were just gray. No faux Carbon Fiber look. But a gray color to match the hue and tone of the Carbon Fiber Insert.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I seem to recall being told they were just gray. No faux Carbon Fiber look. But a gray color to match the hue and tone of the Carbon Fiber Insert.
no i know the stripes are gray when you get the carbon fiber hood insert. i would just like to see them so i know if i made the right choice by changing my order yesterday.

as of now it looks like this:

Summit White (Exterior)
- 6-Speed Manual
- Carbon Fiber Exposed Hood Insert
- Polished Wheels
- Stripe Package
- LPO Floor Mats

i went with the stripes because i think the charcoal/gray stripes will break up the white exterior nicely and go with the hood and rocker panels. looking forward to it, i always have leaned towards sporty vs clean looks with my cars which is why ulitmately i decided on the stripes last minute!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
no i know the stripes are gray when you get the carbon fiber hood insert. i would just like to see them so i know if i made the right choice by changing my order yesterday.

Summit White (Exterior)
- 6-Speed Manual
- Polished Wheels
- Stripe Package
- LPO Floor Mats

i went with the stripes because i think the charcoal/gray stripes will break up the white exterior nicely and go with the hood and rocker panels. looking forward to it, i always have leaned towards sporty vs clean looks with my cars which is why ulitmately i decided on the stripes last minute!

You are brave but I have a good feeling that the stripe, whatever it may look like, will go very well with your vehicle's configuration. Should look sweet!

As my order is AGM with the exposed insert, I just couldn't make that leap of faith. It could be a really nice ghost stripe effect, or it could look pointless. I thought about it, but decided no stripe for me without seeing it.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:

Summit White (Exterior)
- 6-Speed Manual
- Polished Wheels
- Stripe Package
- LPO Floor Mats

Just a suggestion but you could hold off on the stripes. Then when you see them either in person or in pictures and decide you like them, order the stripe kit from the dealer. It's not ideal as I'm sure the factory would do the best job putting them on but a body shop or graphics shop could apply them for you if you decided you wanted them. Food for thought..
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
You are brave but I have a good feeling that the stripe, whatever it may look like, will go very well with your vehicle's configuration. Should look sweet!

As my order is AGM with the exposed insert, I just couldn't make that leap of faith. It could be a really nice ghost stripe effect, or it could look pointless. I thought about it, but decided no stripe for me without seeing it.
i would not have gone with strpes if i were you either!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
Just a suggestion but you could hold off on the stripes. Then when you see them either in person or in pictures and decide you like them, order the stripe kit from the dealer. It's not ideal as I'm sure the factory would do the best job putting them on but a body shop or graphics shop could apply them for you if you decided you wanted them. Food for thought..
i do not trust the dealers anymore. no offense. it is never perfect like it is from thefactory when dealing with vinyl stripes. i am confident in my decision.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I agree, that should look great!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I agree, that should look great!!
I hope so!