Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-18-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
jesse454545

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Best Double Din Radio with scorch kit?

Just like title says what's the best double din radio for the kit? I am looking to upgrade my stock radio since it crapped out on me and looking to get a nice but not highly expensive head unit. Thanks in advance.
jesse454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
Bile_Won
Killer Tomato

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
Okay so I am new to the Forum, but I can tell you what I have and what I am doing.

I bought a AutoPumpkin Android unit. it has a display of 6.95 but fits the dash correctly. It does not fit the GM5201AB and I had to trim that down. I bought the CAMOSM as well. What I did not get was the correct antenna adapter, so I will be getting one of those as soon as possible.

Now what I have found. The Unit's sound is extremely better than factory. Bluetooth is awesome, internet apps work like a tablet, and because it is modular (the connections) I only need to add what I want.

Now the bad. I have everything working, but the GM5201AB causes the 4-ways to come on, and they STAY on. So I have a tech support call into Scosche module in hopes they can figure that out. I did get my steering wheel controls to work on the Key Switch 1 wire and have control on all buttons and source changing.

As soon as Scosche calls me and I find out the issue with the flashers. I will reply to this, but take a look at the head unit, It has GPS, Nav, Wifi, works with Torque and the very cheap mini EML 327 that you can get on eBay for $5.00.

Let me know if you have other questions, like would I have bought the 6.2 model with the same specs? Yes, so I would not have had to trim the dash kit.
Bile_Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bile_Won View Post
I have everything working, but the GM5201AB causes the 4-ways to come on, and they STAY on. So I have a tech support call into Scosche module in hopes they can figure that out.
I am disappointed to hear the Scosche kits are still having problems. I reported these issues to them in 2012. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752
Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Jesse, I follow this section and although I have not upgraded my factory stereo, I probably wouldn't bother either based on the generally poor feedback I see here regularly for the aftermarket solutions. And frankly, MyLink is overpriced as an aftermarket add-on, and doesn't even work that well. So there really doesn't appear to be a foolproof option.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Either Pioneer NEX units or Alpine INE line are going to be the best and most flawless user interface. From my experience anyways.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I have an older Kenwood with Garmin mated up with Scosche. Love it...only issue has been the lower range on the key fob and sometimes if the door is open the chime wont stop (but another member said to hit the hazards and it will turn off). I did get an software update emailed to me from another member a few weeks ago but I havent tried it yet.

I actually wanted to go back to stock and just use my Iphone as a screen...but my wife loves being able to watch DVD's...we mostly put on stand up comedy during road trips and the navigation is sweet (split screen). Really helps get through traffic or get on the twistys to enjoy the car and scenery.

Tags
double din, dvd, head unit, radio