Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Exclamation A little worried about how Camaro will feel from inside

Yesterday i went and test drove the new challenger. As soon as i sat in it i hated it! It was the R/T version but it was as plain as could be. Nothing fancy or anything. it was not even comfy or a nice ride and lacked power due to how heavy it is. Now im worried about that the Maro will feel like when inside of it. Im really concidering not pre-ordering it and just wait till one comes into my dealer and sit in it before i buy it. I dont want to blind buy it just to get it home and realive i dont like it. I did however test drive a G8 GT and that was nice so I dont know what to do. Can anyone directly compare the R/T and the maro who have actually been in both?
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
C-A-M-A-R-O
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
check out these reviews

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=test+drive
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
Yesterday i went and test drove the new challenger. As soon as i sat in it i hated it! It was the R/T version but it was as plain as could be. Nothing fancy or anything. it was not even comfy or a nice ride and lacked power due to how heavy it is. Now im worried about that the Maro will feel like when inside of it. Im really concidering not pre-ordering it and just wait till one comes into my dealer and sit in it before i buy it. I dont want to blind buy it just to get it home and realive i dont like it. I did however test drive a G8 GT and that was nice so I dont know what to do. Can anyone directly compare the R/T and the maro who have actually been in both?
I've been in neither. But everything says that the Camaro will have a significantly better interior than the Challenger and the reviews of the G8 and the V6 Camaros indicate that you won't notice the weight of the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
JeanBond21

Drives: Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
The main difference to me is the ability to be able to customize your camaro in so many ways and the back seat space in thE Challenger looks smaller than the Camaro. Even though the car looks like a boat, the inside still looks kinda small. In terms of the dashboard and interior looks, the camaro wins hands down. Interior upgrade package, color accent packages, different dashboards for the V6 and the V8. Camaro just looks better

Classic Chevy of Grapevine
#9 out of 60!
JeanBond21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
I have

yet to test drive the R/T but I have sat in one. There is plenty of room in the back of the R/T and it is more of a bench so you could probably sit 3 in the rear. I especially like their Nav, 30 gig HD, Bluetooth, USB port, exterior input jack, Push Button Start. MPG is not so bad 16 City-23 Hwy

My drawbacks are that I heard that you cannot enter the back seat via the driverside, its not a Camaro , Very Heavy .

On the Camaro! I've always been a Chevy guy, Really like the SS, I am happy with the weight and HP.

Drawbacks!: NO NAV!!! I do not / have never liked nor will I get OnStar!
The back seat is a big worry as wife is in NO WAY sitting in another bucket type rear seat. If the back seat is as cramped as I fear then the Camaro is sadly a no go. At that point I will look at the G8 GXP or the R/T
Daytona Sunset Orange 06 C6 Waiting for C7
2005 Sunset Orange Colorado Replaced with 2010 GMC Sierra SLE

Last edited by fredl11; 10-09-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Pressed Enter to start new paragraph and it posted!
fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
ok i have been in both

the camaro has alot more bells and whistles as well as visually interesting tidbits in the cabin, the challenger is very spartan with nothing interesting in the cabin.

they are night and day different inside. you will not be disappointed by the camaro interior. the chally is boring inside the camaro is anyting but.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
MAROobsession

Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
the camaro will own the challenger in every aspect.... but alot of my friends keep saying they think the challenger looks better than the camaro, but i think their saying that b/c im talking about the camaro all the time.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
Yeahyouknwit

I know they are to completely different cars but just the feel of the challenger took me a step back. I really want to sit in a maro before i buy it now. So this leads me to another question. If i wait till the first camaros come out and then i order one do you think i could still get an SS?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #10
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
You can order one, officially, beginning Oct. 13.
Yes, you can wait till next year to order and you will still be able to...

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
i test drove the RT, it wasnt anything to cheer about. the engine noise sounded ok, wasnt all that fast, and it felt big.

havent seen/been in a camaro
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's why the Camaro is a competitor. It is designed to compete with brands like the Challenger and Mustang. As a result, it will attempt to best them in every category. This won't be hard for Chevrolet to do. Don't worry.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #13
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
what about comfort, space, and visibility from a driver and passenger perspective between the camaro and chally?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
Yeahyouknwit

Chally back seat looked small and the front seats were not butt pleasing at all. plus it had no pick up it felt like a slow v6