Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #85
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Well, if the vandals are lucky, they will choose your car and not mine. I am a peace loving "live and let live" kind of guy until someone thinks that it is OK to mess with me, my family or my property, then all bets are off. I suppose that you can go to your therapy when it happens to you. When my car got stolen, I went out looking for it with bad intentions in my heart. The thieves were very lucky that I did not find them. This is the last thing that I have to say on this subject. I worked a lot of overtime to buy my SS and absoloutly no one has the right to touch it with out my permission. it is kind of like my motorcycle, if you can see my motorcycle, I can usually see you. I can see my SS and my motorcycle from my desk at work. At the mall, I usually walk right back out to check my car because a thief will watch you go in and figure that they have enough time to steal your car. If they get my car, good luck to them. If I catch them god help them. They will never see it comming.
Again a lack of perspective equating stealing a car to smudging the paint. If someone steals your car of course you have the right to attempt to defend and recover your property with the force necessary to achieve that end. That being said using the same force for someone who who touched you car is a kin to shooting a someone for throwing a snowball at you. Anyway I to make peace I will ask you what the hell is wrong with drivers when your on your bike? I just started riding and I don't know how many times some a-hole has looked right at me and cut me off. They you can shoot.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #86
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Ever noticed most of these stories happen to folks who park their cars away from everyone else? No matter which car I am driving I park normally in an even space, never had a problem
Yeah I think when you try to park far out the way ppl get the idea .........."Oh he doesn't want any one to mess with his car"..............and that then makes it a target.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #87
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
Again a lack of perspective equating stealing a car to smudging the paint. If someone steals your car of course you have the right to attempt to defend and recover your property with the force necessary to achieve that end. That being said using the same force for someone who who touched you car is a kin to shooting a someone for throwing a snowball at you. Anyway I to make peace I will ask you what the hell is wrong with drivers when your on your bike? I just started riding and I don't know how many times some a-hole has looked right at me and cut me off. They you can shoot.
Peace, and welcome to the riding world. They do not see you. They do not see you when they are looking right at you. The reason is that they are looking for something that can hurt them like a semi or a bus. It took me a while to realize that these manuevers were not intentional. you must ride with the attitude that everyone is trying to kill you. I am constantly scanning the road and my mirrors. You can not ride passively. you must take charge of the situation. Have you taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation riding course? That is a very good place to start. There are branches of this nation wide. Here in Massachusetts, you go for a two day weekend course utilizing their bikes. At the end of successfully completing the program you are awarded your motorcycle license.
Years back, I was the owner of a 1955 Buick Century two door hardtop. My winter car is a 2001 Century.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #88
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Peace, and welcome to the riding world. They do not see you. They do not see you when they are looking right at you. The reason is that they are looking for something that can hurt them like a semi or a bus. It took me a while to realize that these manuevers were not intentional. you must ride with the attitude that everyone is trying to kill you. I am constantly scanning the road and my mirrors. You can not ride passively. you must take charge of the situation. Have you taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation riding course? That is a very good place to start. There are branches of this nation wide. Here in Massachusetts, you go for a two day weekend course utilizing their bikes. At the end of successfully completing the program you are awarded your motorcycle license.
Years back, I was the owner of a 1955 Buick Century two door hardtop. My winter car is a 2001 Century.
Ya I took the course, but I was not in much traffic till school started. I see what you mean by driving like everyone is trying to kill you. The bike demands more vigilance.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #89
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
I'd hang on to that Aztec,in ten years,it'll be worth more then a gen 5 Camaro!
Quote:
Like an Edsel
Haha! :P

I really hate to give the Aztek up. It's been a great car. Unfortunately, neither my daughter (who has an '03 Mustang) or my hubby wants to drive it, so it must be sold or traded in. He'd rather keep his '97 Tahoe with all its problems, while te Aztek has none. Go figure!
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #90
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Yeah I think when you try to park far out the way ppl get the idea .........."Oh he doesn't want any one to mess with his car"..............and that then makes it a target.
I don't think parking far away makes as big a target as someone who takes up 2 spaces on an angle.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #91
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
From my journal a few months back

07-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't have any pics to post, but my car got its first 2 scratches today

BAD ONES. Like I can feel the scratch with my fingernail bad. Body shop says they probably won't buff out

One small but deep scratch on driver's side rear, right at the corner of the taillights and the side of the car, other scratch on the passenger side, not as deep, but about 6 inches long, right above the rear wheel on the wheel arch bulge.

Getting it detailed/polished next week to see if it lessens the damage, cringe at the thought that I might need a bit of paint work already.

Pretty pissed off right now, but was red in the face irate earlier today. I think I got it at a mall. I was literally the only car parked for probably 5 rows (farthest back corner possible) but when I came back out of the mall, hand prints all over my side windows, so maybe someone's beltbuckle or something?

Anyways, I'm off to drink about 15 beers and call it a night.............

A Few Months Later

Scratches buffed out, car looks new again, and the heat surrounding this car has cooled off a bit. I am glad that this car isn't a local celebrity anymore because now I can go out in public with it without getting mobbed. Being a rockstar was cool for a week, but it's good to just be an average Joe again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote