Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Suspension Help - BMR

Hello! Longtime Camaro5 member when BMR was very helpful and active on here. Not sure they are still a sponsor or not. Have a l of BMR parts but want to get some more information before I make an order.

I have BMR subframe connectors and tunnel brace (yet to be installed) as well as BMR four point strut tower brace, front and rear sway hands (SB039). I have 2010 and have done FE4 upgrade with the updated OEM LCAs with outside bolts that i did same time as sways. My question is I want to also order toe and trailing arms but am unsure which to go with for my setup. Spirited road/mountain driving and occasional road course day or two a year. Mainly want to retain driveability but lose some wheel hop I have currently. I’m hoping toe and trailing would help. Maybe subframe bushings as well? Want to be able to take car on 3-4 hour drives comfortably with my wife. Car has headers, cam, full exhaust and am sponsored by air lift performance so it is on their 3P air suspension kit as well. Anxious to hear your suggestions. Do I upgrade to BMR LCAs as well. Wont need major adjustability as I usually just set it and forget it (see sway bar positions), but open to any help/info thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #2
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
BMR is still active on here. I’m sure they will see see this and help answer your questions.
ECS supercharger, Texas speed stage 3 boosted cam, Johnson 2110 race style lifters, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
BMR is still active on here. I’m sure they will see see this and help answer your questions.

Thanks! Fellow same trim level here

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 03-13-2021, 06:55 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
"I’m hoping toe and trailing would help. Maybe subframe bushings as well?"

Yes - they will.
I went the BMR route and am very pleased with the parts and the way they all work together. My approach was to do all of the parts and installation at once to get a integrated set-up. Def do Rear Cradle Bushings, either high durometer BMR or solid. Also, part of the changing parts is ordering new fasteners, certainly the TTYield or T&Angle bolts as insurance against failure. Lastly, a good alignment from someone who can serve up your desired specs. My parts choice was aimed at aggressive street, and for a heavy car, it handles worlds better than stock. The ride is a little stiffer, but mostly due to the 22" wheels and Coil-Over Settings. I created this build thread back in 2016, and still modding my ride, as it is quite an addiction.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442230
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:01 PM   #5
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
"I’m hoping toe and trailing would help. Maybe subframe bushings as well?"

Yes - they will.
I went the BMR route and am very pleased with the parts and the way they all work together. My approach was to do all of the parts and installation at once to get a integrated set-up. Def do Rear Cradle Bushings, either high durometer BMR or solid. Also, part of the changing parts is ordering new fasteners, certainly the TTYield or T&Angle bolts as insurance against failure. Lastly, a good alignment from someone who can serve up your desired specs. My parts choice was aimed at aggressive street, and for a heavy car, it handles worlds better than stock. The ride is a little stiffer, but mostly due to the 22" wheels and Coil-Over Settings. I created this build thread back in 2016, and still modding my ride, as it is quite an addiction.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442230

Thanks this is helpful - had no idea on the fasteners as insurance. Right now I’m looking for toe and trailing and the rear cradle bushings. I’d have to take bushing to get installed somewhere - any idea on number of hours to reasonably complete? Have a very trustworthy shop who has worked on my car numerous times bjt like to have an idea before diving in.

In addition have the subframe connectors and tunnel brace ready to install. Recommend doing LCAS as BMR also over OEM FE4 setup? Not sure the benefit there. Have heard others say host control arm z28 bushings as well?

Like you, basically want to do this next round in one shot to avoid multiple alignment payments

Old 03-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #6
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
BMR Parts:

Rear Trailing Arms (whole arm) TCA026
Need the Bushing which is pressed into the Knuckle:
Rear Trailing Arm Outer Bushings BK006
Rear Toe Rod (Adj Rod Ends) TR004
Full Rear Cradle Bushing Kit (Pro) BK024
OR solid from Pegasus (from Phastek)
As long as the rear is being thrashed on, this makes sense - Rear Upr Cntl Arm Bushings BK039

I'd be guessing at the hours, but a hoist makes the work much easier. I have a Quickjack which is much better and safer than jack stands. So say it takes 20 hours at $50/hr = $1k.

Also - tightening certain fasteners requires a Torque/Angle ratchet wrench adapter, or careful marking on the fasteners to reference how far they were clocked from the initial reference angle starting point. For example, the Upper Control Arm Rear Bushing Bracket Bolts is 59lbft initial, then rotated another 120 degrees.
Any bushing application that rotates (like control arms) must be "timed" when fastened, which simply means the suspension must be at ride height when tightening the fastener. This eliminates any "wind up" in the bushing. I used wheel platforms to do this, the shop must support the wheels on the hoist and not let the suspension hang down.
SO this at the shop:
Bush Timing Method:
Step 1. Lift the car on a two post lift and raise it.
Step 2. Loosen the following bolts/nuts:
Front:
---Inner Control Arm Bushing
---Inner Radius Rod
Rear:
---Trailing Arm Bushings (both ends)
---Toe Rod Bushings (both ends)
---Lower Control Arm Bushings (Inner)
---Upper Control Arm Bushings (Rearward)
---Lower Strut Bushings
Step 3.
Lower the car and drive it around the parking lot SLOWLY and on to the alignment lift.
Step 4.
With the weight of the car on the wheels tighten all of the nuts/bolts to spec.
Step 5.
Align the car at the new ride height.

I ALWAYS torque stripe the fasteners to verify that they were in fact tightened and check them every year that they do not loosen.

Lastly the Stock FE4 LCA is fine, the BMR piece is prob a stronger piece.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:33 AM   #7
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Ive become a big fan of all BMR bushings w/FE4 upgrades (LCA's, sway and shocks/struts. It rides very comfortably but cuts corners like a champ.

Good luck.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Hello! Longtime Camaro5 member when BMR was very helpful and active on here. Not sure they are still a sponsor or not. Have a l of BMR parts but want to get some more information before I make an order.

I have BMR subframe connectors and tunnel brace (yet to be installed) as well as BMR four point strut tower brace, front and rear sway hands (SB039). I have 2010 and have done FE4 upgrade with the updated OEM LCAs with outside bolts that i did same time as sways. My question is I want to also order toe and trailing arms but am unsure which to go with for my setup. Spirited road/mountain driving and occasional road course day or two a year. Mainly want to retain driveability but lose some wheel hop I have currently. I’m hoping toe and trailing would help. Maybe subframe bushings as well? Want to be able to take car on 3-4 hour drives comfortably with my wife. Car has headers, cam, full exhaust and am sponsored by air lift performance so it is on their 3P air suspension kit as well. Anxious to hear your suggestions. Do I upgrade to BMR LCAs as well. Wont need major adjustability as I usually just set it and forget it (see sway bar positions), but open to any help/info thanks!

No need to get to replace LCA's, I would get Trailing Arms ( TCA026) and Adjustable Toe Rods (TR003). I would also do Cradle Bushings (BK024)
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote