Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
White? would never--I would be looking for the little green "E" on the back of the car because that's the most common rental car color.
My list of color choices are currently..

White
Victory red
Silver

In Arizona white is the most practical (it helps keep the interior cooler). I also Love the white here.. the bright sun really makes a bright white stand out (especially if its clean/waxed)
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #30
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I may paint mine like the IVER at Indy
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #31
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Yeah, I wouldn't have considered white had I not seen the white w black rims. I think by itself white looks a little boring. But with some contrasting color accents, like black rims, red painted calipers, black leather interior, with red trim. And some sort of black stripes. I think it would look really nice when all together.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #32
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
My list of color choices are currently..

White
Victory red
Silver

In Arizona white is the most practical (it helps keep the interior cooler). I also Love the white here.. the bright sun really makes a bright white stand out (especially if its clean/waxed)
I'm set on silver, although I really do like the black. However, black is hard to keep clean, shows dust and pollen in no time, shows every little nick and fine scratch you have, swirlmarks, etc. But it is I believe the best looking color car when it is detailed. My Formula V-8 vert was black and was sweet when it was freshy polished!

Silver is a good color, easy to clean, good shine (especially metallic paint),looks clean despite having dust on it, scratches, nicks and swirlmarks show up less noticeably. but to each their own.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #33
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Camaro by Monet?
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #34
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I feel like striping is necessary for white pony cars. Really the only one that can pull of white without any help is a Challenger, and that's only because of Vanishing Point.

However, blue striping complements white especially well.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
When i was 21 i sold my 68' and decided to get a late model Iroc-Z. White just popped in my head. Well it was like looking for water in the desert. About 80% seemed to be red. And i didn't want red. I finally got a white one...and then got in a wreck 9 months later. A month later i bought a...red one. And had it seven and a half years.
Yeah, white is at the top of my list. I don't think it looks particularly good on first gens, so i hope it looks good on the 5th.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #36
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I feel like striping is necessary for white pony cars. Really the only one that can pull of white without any help is a Challenger, and that's only because of Vanishing Point.

However, blue striping complements white especially well.
I don't know, there is a guy that has a white one in my neighborhood with no stripes and it just looks big, bulky and boring, and I swear it looks like the wheels are placed slightly inside wheel wells--not as wide of a stance as the Camaro.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #37
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i thought about getting white but i cant wait until july or whenever it was going to be available. i need my camaro now, so im going with black.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #38
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
I'm set on silver, although I really do like the black. However, black is hard to keep clean, shows dust and pollen in no time, shows every little nick and fine scratch you have, swirlmarks, etc. But it is I believe the best looking color car when it is detailed. My Formula V-8 vert was black and was sweet when it was freshy polished!

Silver is a good color, easy to clean, good shine (especially metallic paint),looks clean despite having dust on it, scratches, nicks and swirlmarks show up less noticeably. but to each their own.
Agreed 100%. Black is the best, but just too much maintenance involved. And just with having two black cars before I'm done with black for a while...

It's really between white & silver. But I like all of the colors on the Camaro. I also like yellow and inferno orange too but the cops will be getting to know me even more than I want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
Camaro by Monet?
Haha... perhaps... Although French Impressionism wasn't my favorite period in art. Maybe a Andy Warhol edition Camaro? Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i thought about getting white but i cant wait until july or whenever it was going to be available. i need my camaro now, so im going with black.
You planning on getting one when it first comes out?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #39
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
the white is very nice, and i would look good with the rims blacked out. I wouldn't do white because i have had too many white cars but it would look good.

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #40
Big_Country

Drives: 1994 Camaro and 2007 Suburban
Send a message via AIM to Big_Country Send a message via Yahoo to Big_Country
I have a white 94 Camaro with black stripes and black corvette rims. It looks great (not that I am biased or anything ) and I am tempted to get the same colors with my new one.
Big_Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
White looks great! I'm thinking about white with orange stripes..I have a die cast with that combo that looks great!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #42
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
Agreed 100%. Black is the best, but just too much maintenance involved. And just with having two black cars before I'm done with black for a while...

It's really between white & silver. But I like all of the colors on the Camaro. I also like yellow and inferno orange too but the cops will be getting to know me even more than I want...

Haha... perhaps... Although French Impressionism wasn't my favorite period in art. Maybe a Andy Warhol edition Camaro? Haha.

You planning on getting one when it first comes out?
yeah i plan on being there on the 13th to put my orderin. im not planning on getting white since it wont be available yet but im going with black.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote