Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #575
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Got notification my shipped today, will update when it gets here and I slap it on!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #576
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
FML! where are the revised units? I called the shop a few times, no response. These where to be shipped weeks ago? this is terrible
Weeks ago, we got units that had gap issues. Those are being taken back and the new units with proper filter size, no gap, gaskets, etc are now going out. He is shipping something like 6 to 8 a day, I think he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
thats funny, ive heard that for 2 weeks now
Well, they are....read the other replies. Not everyone jumps online to say they got them right then and there. A few people got them in and I bet more hit the doorstep today as well. It'll get there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Vararam......where are you?!? I can't get a return call or email either. An update to the people is in order. We've put the money down, time to communicate.
I'm sure they will chime in soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
I just got notified my replacement was shipped today and should be here on Monday...so they are definitely starting to ship now
Let us know how the new unit treats ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66DeuceLS1 View Post
I have been holding off of saying anything....but has anyone wondered if the reason that Patrick and company are so freaking busy working to resolve the issue and sending out replacements as part of true customer care they don't have time to post up? Geeze...I am something like 267 on the list....and you know my money is not burning a hole in my pocket to get a CAI from some other company. Patients is a virtue and good things come to those who wait. Everyone with me now together....DEEP BREATH....DEEP BREATH....
Something that bugs me? People who say, "I want it now!!! I've been waiting forever!!! and then turn around and say, "they rushed to get it out and this is what happened..." Ugh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before...

I want to get the "no tune" unit now, but when I finish my upgrades (headers, cam, mufflers) I want to tune it. I would also have longer to ride on the warranty without GM harassing me about the tune.

Would it be better to:
1. get the "no tune" unit now and tune it later,
2. get the "no tune" unit and attempt to upgrade it to the "tune" unit? (even possible?)
3. get the "tune" unit and not tune it for a while (like a year)... or does drivability really suffer w/o the tune?
4. just buy the "no tune" unit now and get the "tune" unit later?
You can get the no tune and switch out the neck for a larger filter, etc later. Or, you can tune the "no tune" model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
so by moving the radiator isnt that gonna hurt it? and if its bucking how are we gonna fix that? as im a little concerened that theyve done al this testing for who knows how long and we still dont have a great product
Moving the radiator won't hurt anything. If it's bucking, you call VR and they will replace the unit. THEY WILL get you taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Got notification my shipped today, will update when it gets here and I slap it on!
There's another!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #577
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Patience is a virtue
Patients are in a hospital

Poking for fun...
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #578
Davis

Drives: '10 Black 2SS/RS M6
My replacement unit shipped yesterday. Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday the 2nd.

Thanks to the weather and all the great people who support this site with information, I never even bothered to put it on.

I will put the new unit on and report back.
Delivered 4/17/2009
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #579
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
im not worried about there service im sure theyll keep trying to fix it-well just have to see how the new ones go

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #580
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
When these do start showing up and for the ones that put their cars on (or back on) the dyno, what happened with the discussion of doing the dyno with hood up or down?
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #581
danraz98

Drives: My Two Feet
Will this connect with a 102mm fast intake?
danraz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #582
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danraz98 View Post
Will this connect with a 102mm fast intake?
I'm sure they can make anything work.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #583
BabyHauler

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Hey guys I just checked ebay and there were like 7 Vararam intakes for sale for the 2010 camaro....................................

Just kidding
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #584
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
We are shipping the revised units and are sending pickup slips with the new units so the old ones can be returned! The revised units are being individually completely made and each is inspected before shipping so they will be some delay in the process to ensure each is exact! As the process is refined and we are confident in the process the speed with which we are able to produce units will increase! Thanks for the patience and everyone's input!
Vararam Industries
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #585
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
We are shipping the revised units and are sending pickup slips with the new units so the old ones can be returned! The revised units are being individually completely made and each is inspected before shipping so they will be some delay in the process to ensure each is exact! As the process is refined and we are confident in the process the speed with which we are able to produce units will increase! Thanks for the patience and everyone's input!
Vararam Industries
When you current Vararam unit holders get your new units please let everyone. I for one am axiously awaiting to see how they are performing and if all the issues have been resolved. From the statement above this should be the FINALIZED PRODUCTION unit and I want to make sure there are no more issues before I continue waiting on this particular intake. And please, please give us an honest and timely response. From Vararam's statement the issues should be resolved so there should not be anymore excuses. Thanks
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #586
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
K&N is guaranteeing 18hp! can this beat it? whats with all the problems and are there any proven dyno #'s
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #587
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwayne View Post
K&N is guaranteeing 18hp! can this beat it? whats with all the problems and are there any proven dyno #'s
Personally, I think that K&N is full of ...Vararam will blow that pipe away!
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #588
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftCat View Post
Personally, I think that K&N is full of ...Vararam will blow that pipe away!
Swifty
If it is false they could be sued for false advertising.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote