Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #43
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I agree....people from Tennessee are the best. If you put 160,000 people from Tennessee together you can bet everyone you meet will know at least one person you know, they will tell you stories that will have your stomach hurting from laughter.....and you better have A LOT of Maker's Mark and Crown because they know how to drink the whiskey!
+1000 That's one of the biggest reasons I love going to bristol for the nascar race. The people are awesome.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #44
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I agree....people from Tennessee are the best. If you put 160,000 people from Tennessee together you can bet everyone you meet will know at least one person you know, they will tell you stories that will have your stomach hurting from laughter.....and you better have A LOT of Maker's Mark and Crown because they know how to drink the whiskey!
I used to have season tickets to the Raiders, my dad had them from the first year they were Oakland back in the 60's until they left and then again when they came back. When I was a kid we had the run of the place on gameday and there was never a problem. I gave them up when I didn't feel safe taking my kids because of the unruly and violent behavior.

Bristol on the other hand was laid back very enjoyable, no hassles, no fools hell even the drunks were pretty tame by comparison.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #45
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
the people in the bahamas are the best. And the worst are Europeans.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #46
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
The south in general are more hospitable, people out west( Cali ) are not. I went to the BCS National Championship Game and for the most part people were nice, after talking to some of the event staff they were glad we were there. They said the USC folks are just downright jerks, they have a sense of entitlement about them ( sounds familiar ) I just thought they were rude because I was in the Marine Corps but all these years later it is just the way some people are.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #47
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
The south in general are more hospitable, people out west( Cali ) are not. I went to the BCS National Championship Game and for the most part people were nice, after talking to some of the event staff they were glad we were there. They said the USC folks are just downright jerks, they have a sense of entitlement about them ( sounds familiar ) I just thought they were rude because I was in the Marine Corps but all these years later it is just the way some people are.
What do you expect from the "University of Spoiled Children"?
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #48
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_eddie View Post
Okay... I know there are rude and inconsiderate people everywhere, but I am in California right now and I have never seen or heard so many rude and inconsiderate people. Every time I am out there are horns honking at people to hurry up and move out of the way, and then just tonight I was standing outside a restaurant talking to my family we were right in front of my truck and it was running too. This lady comes out and sets her to go box and some other things right on my hood while she goes digging in her purse. I was like excuse me but do you mind not using my truck as a table... they just looked at me like I should not be asking them that and were like it's just a truck. That it may be but it is my truck and not yours and I am particular about my paint. If that would have been the camaro there may have been some more words. I am not viewing the whole state as rude and inconsiderate based on a few, just saying I have never seen so many rude people. Okay I am coming down off my soap box now.

I lived most of my life in California, 50/50 sourthern/northern. I saw the rudeness level rise over the years, I remember well how impressed I was for many years there and dissappointed things slid, but I will say I still find it one of the more "polite" states in the union.

I moved to New Jersey, where I think being polite might actually be a crime, perhaps even a felony the way so many seem to go out of their way to avoid it.

That said, it is really just a small percentage, as I have found all over the US and world for that matter, no one has a lock on jerks, it is one of the few universal human attributes for all races, religions, credes, nationalities, no matter how you divide it, there will be some jerks in the mix.

As for respecting my car, I did walk up to a couple teenagers at a 7-11 with their hands cupped on my window to get a look inside, but you could see they were actually taking care not to lean on the car with their body.

Was hard to blame them for wanting a look so I did not give them a hard time, I said, can I help you guys, half expecting them to blot, they both stood up and one said cool car I was just trying to get a better look, so I opened the doors so they could see better.

Hopefully future Camaro buyers.
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
WildClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #49
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
The world is like a huge proctology clinic, theres assholes everywhere and unfortunately theres no lifeguard watching the gene pool.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #50
WildClay

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
The world is like a huge proctology clinic, theres assholes everywhere and unfortunately theres no lifeguard watching the gene pool.

BTW -- Is that sign photoshopped or did some dealer some where really put that up?
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #51
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
BTW -- Is that sign photoshopped or did some dealer some where really put that up?
Someone really put that up. Someone else posted it and lifted it off them lol. I think it was Mindz lol.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #52
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
This is so true about California. The last time I as there I flew into San Diego. I went to the information booth in the airport lobby because I had a question about something (I don't remember what), and the lady said "You aren't from California are you?" I chuckled and said "no." It was the fact that I said "please" and "thank you" (like we still do in the Midwest) that was a dead giveaway.

Nice rims on that truck by the way!!
Thanks... 100% true about being polite, my family has been here there whole life and they say the same thing it has gotten bad over the last 10-20 years! My mom just said she is so glad they got out of Cali when I was a baby.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #53
WildClay

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Someone really put that up. Someone else posted it and lifted it off them lol. I think it was Mindz lol.
That makes it even better
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced

Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #54
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
People suck everywhere! Nobody respects anything anymore. They don't respect the law, their government, their parents, their teachers, their kid's teachers and they sure as hell don't respect other people's property. I just try to be nice and hopefully it comes back to me. It's all you can do.
+1

You are so right SSOOCH...things changed for the better for awhile right after 9/11...it was really nice to see everyone treating each other with respect and consideration...even drivers were more patient and tolerant of each other...
Unfortunately, eventually things went right back to the way they were prior to 9/11 with the 'ME FIRST, I don't care about anyone else mentality'....:(

I always try to treat others the way I want to be treated - the old-fashioned "Golden Rule"...it was the way I was brought up and how I tried to bring up my boys...
I try my best to always "Let my light shine", and hopefully others will do the same...
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #55
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I think this thread is a good platform to let people know (I was a bit surprised) how nice NYC people actually are. Spent a week there recently, and didn't run into a single person worthy of their stereotype. They are very no-nonsense, but very helpful.
I don't live in NYC, but I live on Long Island which is about 30 miles outside of NYC, and for the most part, I think NYC has gotten a 'bad rap' over the years...
Think of 9/11 and all the New Yorkers that helped rescue total strangers in the World Trade Towers...I have seen all the documentaries that profiled just regular office workers helping fellow office workers who were total strangers, at the risk of losing their own lives to help their fellow man...
It shouldn't take a tragedy for people to be nice to each other...'just saying'...
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladi View Post
Hey Guys , I use to live in different countries, but this type of people you mentioned could be find all over the world.But for example in finland people are very polite exept of kids,very helpfull and polite.

Eddie ,hope you`ll never travel to russia,a lot of people here are very rude ,especially who works in goverment companies.
Really, Vladi...rude people in Russia???...I am so surprised since I already told you my son has studied there the last 4 summers...he never mentioned any rudeness...I'll have to ask him about it...I think if it was that bad for him, he wouldn't keep going back...he studied in St Petersburg, but also traveled extensively through other parts of Russia too...he even stayed with a total stranger for a summer in a foreign exchange student program...