Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
shishworm

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Stripe ISSUES

Make a long story short.... I had factory stripes on my camaro ( ABM- silver/grey stripes)./.... :(and one of the pin stripes went missing(posted pics on earlier thread)....:(after my 4th time of having stripes put on the car...:(se ems from the application process from the dealer the stripes won't lay right....Dealer wants to paint the stripes on the car.... What will this do to the value of the car??? anyone know,...looking for opinions....

I am disgusted with the whole process...anyone else having the same issues???

Shishworm

TEAM: Together everyone achieves more.

www.cowpattynation.com

www.epaenduros.com
shishworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i would definitely let the dealer paint them on.i hope you are talking about the whole stripe package and not just the pin stripe.i would not want just the pin stripe painted only.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishworm View Post
Make a long story short.... I had factory stripes on my camaro ( ABM- silver/grey stripes)./.... :(and one of the pin stripes went missing(posted pics on earlier thread)....:(after my 4th time of having stripes put on the car...:(se ems from the application process from the dealer the stripes won't lay right....Dealer wants to paint the stripes on the car.... What will this do to the value of the car??? anyone know,...looking for opinions....

I am disgusted with the whole process...anyone else having the same issues???

Shishworm
Let him paint them on, They will not only look better, but last much longer, You will be better off in the long run...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
shishworm

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Thumbs down

Yes now we are saying the whole stripe package....but the problem now too is the hood has scuff swirls in it from them trying to buff and polish...its just amess...and we have one pin stripe around the big stripe on the passenger side...but a wrinkled big stripe on the driver side with no pin stripe around it....horrible work....

TEAM: Together everyone achieves more.

www.cowpattynation.com

www.epaenduros.com
shishworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishworm View Post
Yes now we are saying the whole stripe package....but the problem now too is the hood has scuff swirls in it from them trying to buff and polish...its just amess...and we have one pin stripe around the big stripe on the passenger side...but a wrinkled big stripe on the driver side with no pin stripe around it....horrible work....

If they paint the stripes on, then they will have to sand the whole hood and re-clear the whole hood. Your swirls will disappear...

If they are willing to paint them on as a solutions I say let them do it.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
multiSS

Drives: 69 SS396 chevelle 2010 2ssrs camaro
check into the shops history. Make sure they can paint better than they install stripes!!!
multiSS is offline   Reply With Quote