Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 10-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
EuroCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Talking Hello and when can we order one

Hi,

As the title says when can I order a Camaro from a European dealer?

Also which dealers will sell it?

Great forumby the way
EuroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Check out this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2326

I don't think we have an answer for you just yet.... Unless Canada counts as European???

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
EuroCamaro

Had a talk to a few dealers around Europe and they said it would be in the new year before they had any real info

But one dealer in the UK said they had conformation of 1st quarter 2010 and a price of £28,000 for a V8 in right hand drive SO maybe a little cheaper for lhd in the rest of Europe?

ps. A bit quiet round hear any other Euro Camaro fans????
Old 10-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Lots of other European fans, but we really don't know much about an official Chevy release in Europe. I'll most likely get it from an import agency in any case.

Last edited by Emher; 10-26-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
EuroCamaro

Hi Emher

I see you are in Sweden I spent a few days at the knutstorp racing track testing some suspension setups a few months back..............nice country
Old 10-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Hey there back!

I need to get to Knutstorp or somewhere similar to try out my SS when I can get it. And yeah it's a pretty decent country. Way to high taxes and stupid politicians though, lol.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
Asterion

Drives: Nothing comparable
[QUOTE=But one dealer in the UK said they had conformation of 1st quarter 2010 and a price of £28,000 for a V8 in right hand drive SO maybe a little cheaper for lhd in the rest of Europe?[/QUOTE]

wow, if this price is right, it makes 32000 Euros. Quite cheap for a car like that.

I would sure get one in its best version, then !
Can't wait for the confirmation of it's release and price date...
Asterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Asterion

Drives: Nothing comparable
Question Just one question : WHEN ?

How annoying. When I asked the Chevy team that presented the Camaro in Paris for the Show, they told me it would be on sell in Europe (well, France to be precise) in 2010... That is to say, just after all the rumoured options will be made available in the US (HUD, parking sensor etc.). Fact is that early 2010 was the date I found out in all the articles I could layed my eyes on...

BUT.... unfortunately, the last one I red stated 2011. Which I find quite doubtful, because of all the environment regulations in Europe that will make the camaro powertrain completely obsolete in front of the technologies other carmakers seem to work on for that date. I mean, the few europeans like me who are ready to buy a US car from a company which is here considered as one of the worse ones (remember, american friends, that Chevrolet in Europe is no other than a rebadged Daewoo, the vehicles here are NOT the ones you see on your roads, and that US cars have a very bad quality reputation over here), may well change mind in front of all the tax pressure that the environment policies are puting us under. This would be a strategic mistake, from my point of view....

OR are they planning to offer other engines to this side of the Atlantic, like Chrysler has already done with some of its cars, to meet european expectations ? In this case, the 2011 would actually a reasonable date.
Hope not.

Edit :

Another video here :

http://www.autojournal.fr/video-auto...aro-24194.html

talks about a french release in the mid 2009. Unbelievable. Fact is I just can't believe it.

Last edited by Asterion; 12-26-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Asterion is offline   Reply With Quote