Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #141
kinyu

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
or maybe you just pooped your pants and you dont know it yet
Enlightening. Let the adults talk son.
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #142
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyu View Post
2+2 sports car?

"sports car
n. An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds."

But maybe I'm just a traditionalist.
Tradition changes. Many, many sports cars nowadays not only have back seats, but four doors.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #143
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I dont believe that feelings will get hurt but the Camaro underpinnings are world class Zeta 2 is gonna have amazing handling prowess. I believe the misinterpretation is the fact that people are categorizing this Camaro with MUSCLE CAR this is gonna be a completely different animal. All it shares with the past is the styling cues and a V8
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #144
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Enlightening. Let the adults talk son.
think someone is a littleshort on mommys breastmilk......time for a nap kido...

back to the adult talk...

camaro will have slightly less skidpad....alot more tq and hp....= win
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #145
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
I'm not partial to the Z, although I would agree with you that it's a fantastic car and is 2nd on my list of automobiles I'm considering. You're obviously partial to the Camaro, which is great, just don't let your bias make you defend a handling number that we don't even know yet.
Also, "weight, saloom speeds, feedback, braking (with no fade) etc" is nothing but math. In fact, it's like, math in the purist form.
Dude, I think you still don't get it, I am not partial toward the camaro. When comparing the camaro to the 370z both will probaly share some advantages and disadavantages over one another. It is about which car "total package" will translate to faster track times, which is the true test of handleing and power. handleing is not a math equation, when a car is setup properly to inspire greater driver confidence to push the car harder on a track, that is no mathmatic formula. In other words if the 370Z does .99g's of grip in the corners, and the camaro offers .97g's of grip. But the camaro has about 100 more horspwer and 150ft-lbs more torque assuming the feedback and brakeing are virtually on par, the 370Z will still loose on the track. The .02g's the 370Z has on paper over the camaro will not translate into victory on the race track. I can see it now when I meet a 370Z owner on the track, when he says his car can out brake my Camaro 60-0 by 2 ft., I will say congradulations, but you still lost the race.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #146
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
think someone is a littleshort on mommys breastmilk......time for a nap kido...

back to the adult talk...

camaro will have slightly less skidpad....alot more tq and hp....= win
Win at what? It depends on the track I'm sure. Of coarse in any straightaway the camaro is going to blow the Z out of the water, but on a coarse with nothing but curves? I mean, didn't the camaro barely beat the cobalt in the nurburgring?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #147
truth411

Quote:
2+2 sports car?

"sports car
n. An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds."

But maybe I'm just a traditionalist.
using that definition then the Porsche 911 is not a sports car then.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #148
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Win at what? It depends on the track I'm sure. Of coarse in any straightaway the camaro is going to blow the Z out of the water, but on a coarse with nothing but curves? I mean, didn't the camaro barely beat the cobalt in the nurburgring?
either way we have to wait for a head to head or some actual numbers.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #149
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I didnt know there where official nurburgring times for the Maro??
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #150
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
is that really what its going to come down to?
Always does!
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #151
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinmo View Post
Better driver wins.
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #152
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Dude, I think you still don't get it, I am not partial toward the camaro. When comparing the camaro to the 370z both will probaly share some advantages and disadavantages over one another. It is about which car "total package" will translate to faster track times, which is the true test of handleing and power. handleing is not a math equation, when a car is setup properly to inspire greater driver confidence to push the car harder on a track, that is no mathmatic formula. In other words if the 370Z does .99g's of grip in the corners, and the camaro offers .97g's of grip. But the camaro has about 100 more horspwer and 150ft-lbs more torque assuming the feedback and brakeing are virtually on par, the 370Z will still loose on the track. The .02g's the 370Z has on paper over the camaro will not translate into victory on the race track. I can see it now when I meet a 370Z owner on the track, when he says his car can out brake my Camaro 60-0 by 2 ft., I will say congradulations, but you still lost the race.
I don't disagree/agree that a camaro would win a track race, I never said either one would win. I simply stated the skidpad numbers, which are the current accepted measure of handling and said that the Z beats the vette in that number, and will more than likely beat the camaro in that number. I mean, can we not find some common ground on that?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #153
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Please explain. The fact is the Z did better on the skidpad than the c6. So if the camaro beat the z in handling, it would also handle better than the vette. It seems your passion for the car does not let you see plain math.
Your numbers are incorrect here. 350Z scored .93 on the skidpad - C6 non-Z51 vetter scored .96.

How did the 350Z beat the vette, exactly?
- Xanthos

P.S. - Unless you have numbers for the 370Z that I don't know about?

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #154
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I didnt know there where official nurburgring times for the Maro??
That 8:20 sec time was a VERY early prototype nowhere near final production. Also lets not forget the cobalt SS literaly is the fastest and best handling FWD car in the world.