Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #29
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
If you had a Camaro, you would get compliments everywhere, instead of just here and there.
And I'd have to post about it every time too.

Maybe they get alot of second looks because there were no new Camaros for 7 years.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Have to agree with you there. It's still rare to see Camaros in most neighborhoods, so double takes have absolutely nothing to do with jealousy.
And what's more of a 'muscle car wanna be' than a car with a V6. Sure it's fast, but it ain't no muscle car.
But then, neither is the V6's V8 pony car brother, like a Camaro SS.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #31
011silver 2SS

Drives: 2011 2ss inlaid silver seats a6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I have both. This is my 6th Camaro and only one Mustang ever. I don't know about the other "Mustangs" but I get more look in the GT500 "Mustang" than in my SS. My supercharged SS is faster though.
I hang out in car forums such as; Factory Five Roadster, BMW (I have an M3), VW Beetle, Camaro, and Mustang Forums.

Hey, there are a lot of Camaro fanboys hanging out in Mustang forums as well. It goes both ways. The 5th gen crowd tend to be very defensive and overly fan-boyish though. Just stating my observations, no need for some of you to put down your kool-aid.
i,ve been a chevy guy since,,well,,, i was a kid. but the gt,s and gt 500,s,( super charged) stangs look awsum , and the exhaust note is music to any enthusiusts ears!. love my camaro, but also love the gt,s. retro cars are the sharpest cars on the road, period. but then i grew up in a racing family and in the 60,s and 70,s. buy what u want,, thier all nice rides.
011silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #32
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
you know what cracks me up? mustang owners on a camaro forum who seem to always find these kinds of threads.
LOOOL!

I still see no reason to be on a forum for a car you dont own, especially when you own its DIRECT competition! I loved the crap out of my old car and had over 1,000 posts on the forums for the huge club we had. I havent been on that site since I sold it despite that I still love the cars.

Unless you used to own a camaro or you are going to get one, then being on this forum as a mustang owners simply makes you jealous/a troll/envious, any or all of those three.

The trolling is so obvious that it almost feels like you are being hit over the head with it.

Its all just jealousy, if they were happy with their cars they would be on Mustang forums, plain and simple.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #33
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Its all just jealousy, if they were happy with their cars they would be on Mustang forums, plain and simple.
I don't understand this statement. If, as you indicate, they are jealous of the Gen5 Camaro, why wouldn't they just go out and buy one? Is there some unwritten GM law that says a current Mustang owner cannot be sold a Camaro?

Now, I could understand someone being envious of someone who passes them in a ZR1, as most people do not have the extra cashflow to go out put one of those in their garage, but that's not the case with the Camaro.

And whose to say they are not on a Mustang site. I happen to be a longstanding member on several Challenger, Corvette, GTO, etc. forums. Just because you drive one car today does not mean you have to divorce yourself from folks who don't own the same car as you.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #34
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I don't understand this statement. If, as you indicate, they are jealous of the Gen5 Camaro, why wouldn't they just go out and buy one? Is there some unwritten GM law that says a current Mustang owner cannot be sold a Camaro?

Now, I could understand someone being envious of someone who passes them in a ZR1, as most people do not have the extra cashflow to go out put one of those in their garage, but that's not the case with the Camaro.
Because they bought the Mustang and now regret it? There are a plethora of reasons really, take your pick...doesnt really matter as the central theme of jealousy is concurrent with every reason.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #35
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011silver 2SS View Post
i,ve been a chevy guy since,,well,,, i was a kid. but the gt,s and gt 500,s,( super charged) stangs look awsum , and the exhaust note is music to any enthusiusts ears!. love my camaro, but also love the gt,s. retro cars are the sharpest cars on the road, period. but then i grew up in a racing family and in the 60,s and 70,s. buy what u want,, thier all nice rides.
Amen. That's a true car guy talk right there. As I have said here before, I like all cars. Not a fan-boy of any car or brand because it is just a waste of energy and silly to be one. If they suit my taste I like them whether they are made by Chevys or Fords or Dodge or Hyundai.
But I also understand some who are raised on Chevys or Fords and it runs deep in their blood but just because your father or uncle was a die hard fan boy with a blind eye for the other nice cars out there, that you have to be one too. Proven here, the 5th gen Camaro surely garnered and created a lot of fanboys because they watched the Transformers movie and they suddenly know about pony cars and have become a die hard Chevy fan. What if BumbleeBee in the Transformers movies was a Ford Mustang, I bet a great deal of you would not even be here now..you'd be in the Mustang forums bragging that you got a second look from a Camaro owner.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #36
paultheman2007
SWFLGENS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
i love my SS but my dad always Said he would never drive a RUSTANG again even If it was given to him he had a 67 Mustang and he got it and he had to fix it so much and the floor boards Rust out and it was so bad at one point there was a pool ball size hole and u can see the road LOL. he did said if he was given a GT500 he would Drive it. lol

SWFLGENS on facebook.
paultheman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #37
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Because they bought the Mustang and now regret it? There are a plethora of reasons really, take your pick...doesnt really matter as the central theme of jealousy is concurrent with every reason.
I think you're confusing jealousy with envy, but I'm not sure that the difference would register with you anyway, so I'll leave that alone.

So they bought a Mustang and came to regret the decision. Okay, so why don't they just go trade that car in on a Camaro and correct the mistake? It's not like they married the car.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #38
zslewis

Drives: 2010 TT Camaro SS
my neighbor who has a mustang used to talk crap until i took him for a ride...

Zach
zslewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #39
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think you're confusing jealousy with envy, but I'm not sure that the difference would register with you anyway, so I'll leave that alone.

So they bought a Mustang and came to regret the decision. Okay, so why don't they just go trade that car in on a Camaro and correct the mistake? It's not like they married the car.
that only seems to happen when you buy a camaro

meh...just like every forum, there are those who just too near sighted and like to bark with their little dog.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #40
1bad65
Banned

Quote:
You go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultheman2007 View Post
i love my SS but my dad always Said he would never drive a RUSTANG again even If it was given to him he had a 67 Mustang and he got it and he had to fix it so much and the floor boards Rust out and it was so bad at one point there was a pool ball size hole and u can see the road LOL. he did said if he was given a GT500 he would Drive it. lol
So he judged a car based on how a USED one was? That's foolish if you ask me. Whose to say it wasn't beaten on and not maintained? Maybe it had a rust issue because it had been owned by an owner in an area where they salt the roads all winter? I judge cars by how well a well-maintained new car performs. Mine has ~50k miles on it, several mods, I race it fairly often, and it's never once had an issue.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
1bad65
Banned

Quote:
And whose to say they are not on a Mustang site. Just because you drive one car today does not mean you have to divorce yourself from folks who don't own the same car as you.
My thoughts exactly.

I've met some great people in person and online who don't drive Mustangs (or even Fords). If I'd written them off the moment I saw they didn't drive a Mustang, that would have been awful stupid of me wouldn't it?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #42
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=1bad65;2944223]My thoughts exactly.

I've met some great people in person and online who don't drive Mustangs (or even Fords). If I'd written them off the moment I saw they didn't drive a Mustang, that would have been awful stupid of me wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

but how else are you gonna be a peeble minded fanboy if you didn't think that way about the other cars and people who drive them?