Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
my geuss is right around 50k, but it cud be anywhere from 48k-55k. but honestly, most (not all) of the ppl who are going to buy this car arent gonna be too concerned about price. if they're in the market for a 50k+ High performance car, they cant have too many money problems. obviously, i will not be getting this car. at least no time soon. but if i had that kinda money, u can bet i wudnt be too concerned about the price, and id get the car anyway!! just my .02 cents.
FWIW...I'm very concerned with price. I've been saving my pennies and sacrificing things I could otherwise be enjoying right now in order to afford this King of Camaros. I've held off buying a Camaro at all because I had faith they'd finally announce the ZL1, and I wanted it more than I can explain...but if the price goes above a certain level...I'm out. There's no reserves I can tap, or third cars I can sell...

There are some that don't care - don't need to care. More power to them. I'm just not one of them...fortunately or unfortunately...
Old 03-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #44
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
FWIW...I'm very concerned with price. I've been saving my pennies and sacrificing things I could otherwise be enjoying right now in order to afford this King of Camaros. I've held off buying a Camaro at all because I had faith they'd finally announce the ZL1, and I wanted it more than I can explain...but if the price goes above a certain level...I'm out. There's no reserves I can tap, or third cars I can sell...

There are some that don't care - don't need to care. More power to them. I'm just not one of them...fortunately or unfortunately...
Ive always said GM has to be carful with price. They have to to keep it at 47-50. Any higher and who knows. I mean if you can afford to buy a 45-55k car than there is one of three things. 1. You saved and saved and saved and gave up other things. 2. Have money or 3. Your not smart and taking out a 50k loan.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #45
Thorlius

Drives: '08 Corvette 2LT Coupe
I am banking on paying close to $70k Canadian after destination, taxes, etc.

I won't be happy paying anywhere near that, but every dollar less than that will just make me happy.

That will be a lot more fun than expecting it to cost $50k Canadian and finding out it'll be priced at $58k to start.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/sh...0.do#zip_popup (enter in M4B 1B4 for Toronto.)
Thorlius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #46
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorlius View Post
I am banking on paying close to $70k Canadian after destination, taxes, etc.

I won't be happy paying anywhere near that, but every dollar less than that will just make me happy.

That will be a lot more fun than expecting it to cost $50k Canadian and finding out it'll be priced at $58k to start.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/sh...0.do#zip_popup (enter in M4B 1B4 for Toronto.)
hey man it's even pricier up here in Q.C $60549 so 1550$ more.. that pays for insurance. i checked the boss 302, 40995$ USA and canada it's 49749$.. we are getting the shaft big time and the ZL1 will match the shelby price.. or little less by a couple of thousands...
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #47
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:

You and me both. A couple of things will be key for me to eventually get into one:

1. A MSRP starting in the range between 47 and 53K. Anything more than that will be out of my price range (especially with one or more options and a good portion of tax).
2. No Dang (F$%^&*@) Dealer Market Adjustment.....I'd say what I'm thinking but its too much for virgin ears. I Never Pay Sticker Period. In the grand scheme of things this may mean that I'll have to wait on the sidelines for a year or more to see how the zl1 is faring (Its been my experience that prices cool as a product has been on the market awhile).

Although this is looking to be a great car, the price will definitely determine if I will eventually go for it. I may even look thru my black book and see if I can find past salespeople that are still game for a bargain.

PS: GM if you're listening.....for that amount of coin I wouldn't want to compromise on not having a good color choice....so do your best (plug for a Lemans Blue reprise....).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #48
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I agree, I'll be putting down 20k-25k down on this car, but I wont pay a cent over 55k, that's including tax and what not. If the price goes over my budget I wont be getting a ZL1, nor will I sell my SS to get one.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #49
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKEP44 View Post
Kind of kicking myself that I bought the 2011 SS, then found out that this was comming out! It may have been covered in here before (although when searched I only found a rediculous price from canada) but what are we looking at for price?
Thats how it is. Theres always going to be something bigger and badder coming out every year, so I do not worry about it anymore. I got the 2010 back in 2009 when they came out and minus the GT500(which i think is a different class anyways) the SS camaro was the fastest bestest in class. Now pretty much the slowest. Mustang GT is faster, you have the Zl1, and challenger has the new 396 which added 50hp so IM assuming thats going to be faster too.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #50
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
I am starting to hear a panic attack on this thread and
a fear that the MSRP will get of hand. Umm it's not a ZR1
and it's not a corvette for that matter. But it is a camaro,
and even though it might be the most sophisticated and
most powerful camaro to ever be offered. It's worthless
if the majority of Thier clientle are unable to afford it.
Let's not have a panic attack about a price that will not
be known for possible months to come. I believe the
majority of the serious buyers would be willing to pay
in the price range of 48k to 50k the basic ZL1.

As far as dealer price mark ups by chevy dealers over
the MSRP, that's just pure greed and taking advantage
of Thier customers. Just find another dealer even if this
takes you to another state to purchase this car. GM has
already confirmed at Thier press release in Chicago that
the LZ1 would not be a limited edition car. Meaning Thier
should be plenty of supply, you have to wait a few extra
months due to some deep pocket individuals who have
to have the latest and greatest car before others. But
frankly those kind of buyers normally are buyers such
as a ZR1 rather the a LZ1. Keep the Faith!
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #51
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
I am starting to hear a panic attack on this thread and
a fear that the MSRP will get of hand. Umm it's not a ZR1
and it's not a corvette for that matter. But it is a camaro,
and even though it might be the most sophisticated and
most powerful camaro to ever be offered. It's worthless
if the majority of Thier clientle are unable to afford it.
Let's not have a panic attack about a price that will not
be known for possible months to come. I believe the
majority of the serious buyers would be willing to pay
in the price range of 48k to 50k the basic ZL1.

As far as dealer price mark ups by chevy dealers over
the MSRP, that's just pure greed and taking advantage
of Thier customers. Just find another dealer even if this
takes you to another state to purchase this car. GM has
already confirmed at Thier press release in Chicago that
the LZ1 would not be a limited edition car. Meaning Thier
should be plenty of supply, you have to wait a few extra
months due to some deep pocket individuals who have
to have the latest and greatest car before others. But
frankly those kind of buyers normally are buyers such
as a ZR1 rather the a LZ1. Keep the Faith!

We have been talking about this for a while and about 6 months ago you had guys on here saying they would pay anything for this car and that its worth 55-60k , etc. Now it seems to be a different tune with reality setting in. Even at 50 k if you dont put much down that would be a hefty payment even with a 7 year loan your well over 600 bucks if you put only 5 grand down on a 50k sticker price. But this happened with the SS back in 2009 all these guys bought these cars and now they are selling them for more practical cheaper rides. A lot different going to a dealer and paying half down on a 33 grand car and a 50 grand car. So well see. I plan on keeping my SS but I will be trolling for those car in about a year two where somebody who couldnt afford it is selling.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #52
whistle pig

Drives: whatever
A dealer told me a lot of banks are requiring 20% down on a new car.

I want a ZL1, but Im not going to get serious till the dust settles.
whistle pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #53
Z4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
We have been talking about this for a while and about 6 months ago you had guys on here saying they would pay anything for this car and that its worth 55-60k , etc. Now it seems to be a different tune with reality setting in. Even at 50 k if you dont put much down that would be a hefty payment even with a 7 year loan your well over 600 bucks if you put only 5 grand down on a 50k sticker price. But this happened with the SS back in 2009 all these guys bought these cars and now they are selling them for more practical cheaper rides. A lot different going to a dealer and paying half down on a 33 grand car and a 50 grand car. So well see. I plan on keeping my SS but I will be trolling for those car in about a year two where somebody who couldnt afford it is selling.

Hey I am getting what your saying, but I was just responding to some panic post attacks made before mine about the price. My original prediction as soon as the car was announced was that it was going to be $48,995 and with all the options like the suede 55k. I believe at around49k this car will be a great price for a great car, then its a matter of each individual on wether they can afford such a car. But hey you have a choice now of a V6, V8 and the combination of the two in either a hardtop, or a convertible. If you choose to go with this route due to the economics of the situation, you can always mode it latter. Or as you suggested wait until a used ZL1 becomes available on the market at a latter time.

As far as my personal situation is concerned, I am old fart and will be 57
when I purchase this car. I driven some very nice muscle cars in my youth before I was married and had two kids. During the time of raising my kids I drove honda accords for the past 25 plus years, and being a safe family man. But now the kids are grown, the mortgage is almost completely paid off (one more year), the honda civic will be paid thismonth. So at my age I can afford to buy this car and enjoy the heck out of it, but like I said if your just getting started and on a budget with kids
there's always the Honda etc way and save save save untill your ready
to spend 50K plus for a car.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #54
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
You can get a regular SS in the 40's right now, the ZL1 will be pushing atleast 60K no doubt.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #55
Z4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
You can get a regular SS in the 40's right now, the ZL1 will be pushing atleast 60K no doubt.

Well if you lived around me I would be willing to place a $100 bet that the MSRP for the bare bones (no options added on like suede), ZL1 will be closer to 50K then 60K.

Last edited by Z4me; 03-28-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #56
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
what kind because they are 34 and some change for a stock 2ss