Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
SparksAI

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Just spoked to Carlos, according to him, I should get my tracking number today.
That is good to hear Jose, I know Carlos wants everyone to be happy with their order. He is a very good guy and we have been working together for awhile, he has a lot on his plate and I think sometimes he has a problem balancing it all out. In the very near future Ace will be getting help in this area, they are aware of the situation and are taking measures to prevent problems like what happened in the future. They are a good company with a great product that unfortunately had a slip in customer service that they are committed to preventing in the future.
SparksAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Mindz, the only reason I purchased my "ACE" wheel was because of "YOUR" group buy you set-up.

I paid $550 for my wheel, and the alcantra (red) appearance is more of 7 out 10. It has several ripples in the alcantra...
This is the first time you've said anything on the forums. Have you contacted ACE to let them know about it? Are/were you planning on sending it back? Have any close up pictures of the ripples/wrinkles?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
This is the first time you've said anything on the forums. Have you contacted ACE to let them know about it? Are/were you planning on sending it back? Have any close up pictures of the ripples/wrinkles?
En-route to Rodgers Chevrolet (Michigan) , will take pics later...

I figured if they sent it that way, thats the best they could do......
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well after several e-mail attempts including mediation via SparksAI, I have decided to go another direction for my steering wheel. The lack of communication from ACE's sales rep turned into a miscommunication and I won't be buying an ACE product in the future. I am considering a few things from SparksAI, but certainly not ACE.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
well bummer, thanks for letting us know :(

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:43 AM   #20
OnkelMatze

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 AirForce
just received my steering wheel today,
thanks Carlos and SparksAI for helping!
OnkelMatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #21
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
FYI,

We just got one of the TFormer wheels in and installed this week. Looks great. Had been on order for a bit.

I don't know if it's been said, but there was an unfortunate accident involving a daughter of one of the main people at ACE. :(

I can only guess that this contributed to some of the delays.

Condolences to that particular family.
Ivan & Christa Price
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

The delays aren't what turned me off to them. The wheels that my group buy orders were shipped out with the exception of one for special circumstances. I just didn't like the changing of stories and lack of communication from the rep. I knew about the death of the ACE employee, but I had to find out 2 weeks later from someone other than the rep. That's only the tip of the iceberg. It's all gravy though, I just won't be buying from ACE, but I would still recommend their products purchased through Sparks.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #23
SparksAI

CamaroSkooter just stopped by and we got his installed and looking good.

Ace heard everyone's complaints, the issues they had getting their new mold online has been resolved, and wheels are going out in 2-3 days vs 2-3 weeks (sometimes even longer) like they had been. Ace has taken steps to make sure their customer's receive the upmost care and service in the future as well. I have almost finished it but they will have a new website where you can order directly and track your order. Also I will be handling their customer service going forward. I will be managing the order tracking and the status updates and they have created a new 800 number for you to call, which comes straight to me. Of course I would always like everyone to order from me but just know that no matter what I will make sure that your order is handled expertly and your questions answered quickly. Our work with Ace I feel is a major win for both of our customers.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Just received my steering wheel, my opinion:

- ACE steering customer service for me was a 10 out of 10, Carlos do a great job!!!!
- Steering quality 10 out of 10
- Steering installation process, well in my opinion it was a 5 out of 10 and here is why:
- Steering comes with NO controls, NO trim, Nothing
- Ok, it took me almost 2 hours to disassemble the original one
- After it's dismounted, then is mounting time again in the new one,
the parts NEVER went so flush to the trims as the stock one, I tried several
ways, re-position them, re assemble them, but nothing
- I am not happy with how the original parts fitted the new wheel,
don't get me wrong, the ACE wheel is a 10 out of 10, like I said before
the only detail is that when you re-mount the original equipment to the
new one, it's never going to be as fit as the original.

I have seen other vendors that sell the steering wheel with all the equipment already installed.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #25
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
well lump me up in this group.... almost 3 months and no wheel to show for this. or a ebrake handle.
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #26
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
This is great info to have and know. I was just looking at their products yesterday and know for certain after this thread no way i will buy from them.

I for one believe this section is and can be a good useful tool for the community to make an informed call on buying from a particular vendor. Sorry this happened to you and the others in the buy. Glad you posted this up for me to see.

Waiting to see if a certain individual chimes in here on the situation and this thread.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
racelvr24
#1330 Born On 3/23/09

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Silver/Purple
Ace heard everyone's complaints, the issues they had getting their new mold online has been resolved, and wheels are going out in 2-3 days vs 2-3 weeks (sometimes even longer) like they had been. Ace has taken steps to make sure their customer's receive the upmost care and service in the future as well. I have almost finished it but they will have a new website where you can order directly and track your order. Also I will be handling their customer service going forward. I will be managing the order tracking and the status updates and they have created a new 800 number for you to call, which comes straight to me. Of course I would always like everyone to order from me but just know that no matter what I will make sure that your order is handled expertly and your questions answered quickly. Our work with Ace I feel is a major win for both of our customers.[/QUOTE]

Long story short, I ordered a wheel from Carlos before the fest and then was told after I paid that I would not get my wheel at the fest. Tried to get money back but could not. I got connected with Sparks and with assistance from them, my wheel arrived in time for the fest and I had it installed. This is a great product and if your really want one then PLACE YOUR ORDER WITH SPARKSAI. Sparks is a great company and won't let you down.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #28
SparksAI

Hello Manny my appologies for missing your calls this last week, I have been in Panama so my phone did not work there. I spoke with Ace earlier in the week and they said your order shipped out Friday.

To anyone looking to purchase these product please let me know. I am always more than happy to make sure ou are taken care of.