Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Cajun Camaro Club - 2011 BBOMG/GM Plant Tour/OCC Nationals

How many are going to Oshawa next week? I will be flying there, but I know others are driving and I would like to get a picture of us all together. Who is going and when do you arrive? Also, let's make sure we have each others cell numbers.

1. CajunCamaroChic - Flying, arrival late Wednesday
2. Gatorjak +1 = driving, arrival Thursday
3. Cap'N B +1 = driving, arrival Thursday
4. Master Z + 1 = driving, arrival Thursday
5. Sherifdude +1 = driving, arrival Thursday

Here are few items, fyi:

* Travel routes you may be interested
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=bbomg
* Don't forget your passport
* Check on your car insurance
* Remember, unless you have a Canada plan, turn off all data before arriving in Canada.
* Purchase your alcohol at duty free while still in the US as you pay much higher prices if you shop for it there
* Exchange currency at your local back if you can to avoid the exchange charges at the border. Taxes are much higher there on US currency as well. For Chase customers, just go in and show your ID and they will order the currency which arrives the next day.
* Additional Info -
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116335
As I think of other stuff, I'll post it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
GATORJAK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Check with you mobile phone carrier!

Att data plan for a month is $25, they will prorate it but it also pro rates the MB usage. $10 for Texting (50 outgoing, incoming is free). Calling $6 and this makes your rate .60 a min vs ? (more, lol). This could mean $41 vs a mega bill. (data plan is internet, gps, emails, etc.)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
trixienurse

Drives: 2010 cyber grey metallic 2LT RS
Y'all have a great time!! We are leaving for Maui on Saturday!! Hope we can do this next time!

trixienurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
426 SS/RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black
Hey La...can I play with ya'll???

I'm going to be leaving Wednesday morning from Orange Beach, Al +1 passenger. I'll be hitting I-65N and was hoping to hook up with y'all for the trip to Oshawa. I am guessing you will be taking I-59N out of Slidell and hitting I-65N in Birmingham where I could meet up with the camarovan. Just trying to get the timing right to bring up the rear.

If whomever is heading up you're travel route could PM me so we can exchange information I would be thankful.

-sam

I drive a Fire Truck and a Camaro...man life is good!!!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF MIKE JUDGE LITHOGRAPH #192
CAMARO'S FOR HERO'S 2011 TOP 50 PICK
C5FEST II MODERATORS FAVORITE CAMARO PICK
BBOMG 3 ATTENDEE

CAI Cold Air Intake/HURST Billet Plus 2 Shifter
426 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Mike Jung

Drives: '14 CRT Camaro SS Coupe
In the local Toronto Star newspaper...

http://www.thestar.com/wheels/articl...ower-in-oshawa

Quote:
Camaro enthusiasts make pilgrimage to horsepower in Oshawa

Jason Ory from Louisiana is the owner of a "victory red" 2010 Camaro muscle car. He's in Oshawa this weekend to pay homage to the Camaro.
SUPPLIED PHOTO/SUPPLIED PHOTO

June 09, 2011
Tony Van Alphen
Business Reporter

Jason Ory roared out of Denham Springs near Baton Rouge, La., in his customized, bright red sports car early the other day on a 2,400-kilometre “pilgrimage” to Canada.

Turning north on U.S. Interstate 59, the affable gearhead eased back in his leather seat, shifted into sixth gear and let the 550 horsepower under the hood effortlessly pull him away from traffic.

“It’s an adrenalin rush,” a smiling Ory said in his soft southern twang.

Ory, a 36-year-old Exxon-Mobil machinist, and thousands of other auto buffs from across North America are rumbling into Oshawa this weekend to pay homage to their favourite car — the iconic Chevrolet Camaro muscle car and its close cousin, the now out-of-production, Pontiac Firebird.

Their destination is the General Motors assembly complex, the only plant in the world that builds the Camaro coupe and a convertible version. GM exports the two models to more than 50 countries.

The car convention in a mall parking lot, fairground or arena is an annual rite of passage for aficionados of all makes and models. But the Oshawa event will likely be the biggest one in the Camaro’s 45-year history.

Ory, an active member of the Cajun Camaro Club, is what motorists would call a serious buff with two new-generation models in his garage plus a house and shop filled with everything from posters to Dinky cars. He also runs www.Z28.com, a website in honour of the biggest, but now also out-of-production model in the Camaro family.

Ory was so serious about the Camaro that before marrying in 2007, he needed to know whether his fiancée would allow him to buy the car if GM ever produced a new one. The automaker had killed the car in 2002 but there was speculation about a resurrection.

“We reached a mutual understanding or a sort of verbal pre-nuptial agreement,” he admitted while zipping through Birmingham, Ala., with four other “Camaro comrades” in a small “Camaravan” of cars.

Industry consultant Chris Travell, who gets in the heads of consumers for the benefit of automakers, said people might love the design, power, handling, comfort and sound of a muscle sports car. But it can be exceedingly difficult to fully grasp why consumers who see a muscle car like a Camaro, Ford Mustang or Dodge Charger would allow feelings to trump price and practicality.

“The heart has reason that reason will never know,” noted Travell, vice-president of strategic auto consulting for Maritz Canada. “In this case, it means a car can evoke a lot of emotion and passion.”

“I really like U2 but clearly a lot of people may not, so how do you articulate that love of the band to someone who has no time for it?” The Camaro also means a lot to GM despite not generating big profits or mass volume business. It is one of GM’s “halo” cars and a key part of the automaker’s recovery after almost collapsing in 2008 and 2009.

Travell said the Camaro draws significant numbers of shoppers to the Chevrolet brand and into dealerships. They might not buy the Camaro but may end up purchasing another Chevrolet model because of the connection, he noted.

There will be more than 700 Camaros in the lot across the street from the GM complex when “Camaro Homecoming 2011” starts Friday morning. Some of them date back to the car’s birth in 1967 as a competitor to the Ford Mustang.

“It’s really a pilgrimage,” said Ontario Camaro Club president Dale Oldham, who expects several thousand visitors and car owners.

In addition to “show and shines,” GM will also unveil the Camaro ZL1 super performance car for the first time here. It will move into production at the plant next year.

Although key styling cues remain, the Camaro is a different car from past generations. Its engines are more powerful. Fuel efficiency has improved noticeably. The ride is smoother with independent rear suspension.

Technology allows hookups to computers and iPods. There are other enhancements such as Brembo brakes, Boston acoustic stereo packages, tinted tail lights and “express” power windows.

“Once you see the fifth generation Camaro, you get a perma-grin,” Ory said.

Demographics have also changed. A far higher percentage of women buy the car now, according to GM sales data.

“The Camaro has gone far past the mullets, T-shirts and being a working man’s car,” said Oldham, who shares the same passion as Ory.

Oldham has nine Camaros at his home in Mount Albert, near Newmarket. His fleet ranges from a 1969 Z28 RS Rally Sport model to a 1993 Indy 500 pace car.

Oldham, who was fascinated with machines and tinkering from an early age, fell in love with the Camaro in high school while driving by Toronto auto dealerships and a Harvey’s restaurant where muscle car owners hung out.

“Some guys like blonds, redheads or brunettes,” he said. “I like Camaros.”

Many GM staffers who developed the car will share their knowledge at the homecoming. And the event will also provide a rare opportunity for visitors to see how GM builds the latest models from start to finish during extensive plant tours on Friday.

“It allows them to see the car being born,” said Travell. “It’s fantastic for them.”

But deep down, Ory and Oldham said it’s more than a fast car that keeps them going in the Camaro culture.

“The friendships and bonds that I have made over the years have been incredible,” Ory said as he wheeled into Detroit on Thursday. “The camaraderie is something else. If someone’s car breaks down in a Camaro club, everyone comes to help fix it.”

“It’s not a Porsche club,” Oldham added.

Former G8 owner :(

RIP Sunday, Oct 6, '13
1 of 3,681 in Panther Black Metallic '09 Pontiac G8 GT (with L76 6.0L small block V8 engine & a 6L80 tranny)
1 of 970 '09 Pontiac G8 GT's in the country (Canada)
Mike Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
cajun2010

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
awesome Jason!

cajun2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
in2thefyr2001
LT1FUN

Drives: 2022 LT1 Satin Steel Metallic
Gotta love it!

Bayou State Cruisers
in2thefyr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
NuckinFutz74

Drives: 2011 Synergy SS
Send a message via MSN to NuckinFutz74
“It’s an adrenalin rush,” a smiling Ory said in his soft southern twang.

NuckinFutz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Awesome write up...... Congrats Jason.........

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
CCC at BBOMG3 Banquet in Oshawa for Camaro Homecoming

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
Mike Jung

Drives: '14 CRT Camaro SS Coupe
I know some of you talked to Mark & Kelly last year...& heard about this.
We would love to see you folks again

Just in case you haven't seen it before: CCFBG 10TH ANNUAL FBODY SHOW - JUNE 2012

http://ccfbg.com/~ccfbg497/juneshow/juneshow2012.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdrrguy
Just Confirmed.....Camaro Marketing Manager for Chevrolet Scott Settlemire "The F-bod Father" will be attending and speaking at the Banquet!
Get your sharpies ready!

See you June 2012!

Mark
Scott Settlemire will be there at the Saturday night Banquet !

Former G8 owner :(

RIP Sunday, Oct 6, '13
1 of 3,681 in Panther Black Metallic '09 Pontiac G8 GT (with L76 6.0L small block V8 engine & a 6L80 tranny)
1 of 970 '09 Pontiac G8 GT's in the country (Canada)

Last edited by Mike Jung; 04-24-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Mike Jung is offline   Reply With Quote