Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #29
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
There's no setting people like you straight, Dire Wolf. Ya just gotta pee in the pool and no one appreciates it except the other perverts like you. You, however, love the warm water you create and bask in it.
Go ahead and keep on being a killbuzz, the rest of us will enjoy life and snicker at you behind your back. If I brought those 3 LEOs a moment of levity in an otherwise serious situation, then yay me.
Dire Wolf. More like whiny puppy if you ask me.
Whiny puppy is too funny
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #30
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
There's no setting people like you straight, Dire Wolf. Ya just gotta pee in the pool and no one appreciates it except the other perverts like you. You, however, love the warm water you create and bask in it.
Go ahead and keep on being a killbuzz, the rest of us will enjoy life and snicker at you behind your back. If I brought those 3 LEOs a moment of levity in an otherwise serious situation, then yay me.
Dire Wolf. More like whiny puppy if you ask me.
Thanks for making my coffee come out of my nose.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
great story!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
Awesome!

shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
wertman94

Drives: 2011 ss rs
Would have been nice to lay into it until the smoke started rolling!
wertman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #34
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
2 Kool
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #35
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Don't worry Brantley or one of the other resident LEOs will set me straight as usual.

Damn, Dire looks like everyone else is going to "roast" you before "we" get a chance.

I'm going to stay in the middle on this one. On its face, the story is a great "joe public" interaction with the police. Yeah, its cool that you got to experience a "bonding moment" with these guys who are usually seen as the "wreckers" of everything thats fun

Now, from a supervisory police position I would have to say "Not a brilliant decision".

Okay OP says that the officer told her a "small burnout" meaning the officer has proved that I'm right, probably not a smart decision on his part.
I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that there weren't too many people around?? At least I hope not. Just doesn't make for good PR. Next thing you know someone gets tape of it and sends it in to the 6 o'clock news. Then someone's got to answer to IA. Then there would be my luck of having that 1 in a million catastrophy happen. Skidding into another car, or heading off into a tree, or a mechanical failure and then you sue my dept cause I told you to do it. Some may laugh but that kinda s--- happens.

I probably would have told you that I wanted to hear that exhaust when you took off down the road maybe an obligatory rev something that wouldn't attract as much attention. NOW if we're joking about your car and you should happen to lose traction a little when you take off and then chirp 2nd. I could see turning the other way haha maybe the pavement was slightly wet. After all I'm working a post for a reason can't leave it to chase people for small infractions.

But then again that's just my $.02

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 09-02-2011 at 12:56 PM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #36
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Damn, Dire looks like everyone else is going to "roast" you before "we" get a chance.

I'm going to stay in the middle on this one. On its face, the story is a great "joe public" interaction with the police. Yeah, its cool that you got to experience a "bonding moment" with these guys who are usually seen as the "wreckers" of everything thats fun

Now, from a supervisory police position I would have to say "Not a brilliant decision".

Okay OP says that the officer told her a "small burnout" meaning the officer has proved that I'm right, probably not a smart decision on his part.
I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that there weren't too many people around?? At least I hope not. Just doesn't make for good PR. Next thing you know someone gets tape of it and sends it in to the 6 o'clock news. Then someone's got to answer to IA. Then there would be my luck of having that 1 in a million catastrophy happen. Skidding into another car, or heading off into a tree, or a mechanical failure and then you sue my dept cause I told you to do it. Some may laugh but that kinda s--- happens.

I probably would have told you that I wanted to hear that exhaust when you took off down the road maybe an obligatory rev something that wouldn't attract as much attention.

But then again that's just my $.02
yeah revving in front of an officer on command is something i've done a few times..crisin' OCMD is one of these.

You're still yet to spot me in DE. I'll be in the Newark/Bear area tonight.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Excellent story!!! I guess if they asked for it no one can complain Good show and great sports

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #38
skinman

Drives: Convertible Camaro
That's very cool!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #39
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Cool. Read every thread...

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #40
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 View Post
yeah revving in front of an officer on command is something i've done a few times..crisin' OCMD is one of these.

You're still yet to spot me in DE. I'll be in the Newark/Bear area tonight.

Yeah, you gotta come down below the "ditch" brother!!!
they don't let me go play all over the State.lol only the guys in the pretty "smokey" hats get to do that. HAHAHAHA
Old 09-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Yeah, you gotta come down below the "ditch" brother!!!
they don't let me go play all over the State.lol only the guys in the pretty "smokey" hats get to do that. HAHAHAHA
Oh I'll be in dover soon. Just look/listen for the obnoxiously loud white ss/rs with the lsx badge on the side.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Sounds like New York cops aren't too kind.
Perhaps the understatement of the century my friend...
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote