Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Whats up with the push buttom envy? If everyone wants push button start and push button brakes, buy a car with them. The Camaro is a driving machine not a mobile entertainment system. Turning a key and pulling up on the brake lever is simple and works great. JMO.
Good point. I actually hate push button start. It's cool but I'd rather turn the key.

The Malibu is going to be a really nice car, no doubt about that. But I'd still rather have my Camaro
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #16
Iroc-z86

Drives: 86' Iroc-z 14' Camaro SS 98' Jimmy
i really like the malibu. my parents have the 08 ltz with the v6 and that car moves. it smoked my buddies v8 3rd gen and a few others. I looked at the malibu before the camaro but i said f-that i want a sports car not a sedan type.

the only problem i have with the new malibu is no v6 is going to be offered first few years, that right there is the reason i dont want it. I had a car with a 4 banger and i couldnt stand it. i want to be able to step on the gas and go not think about it.
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-z86 View Post
i really like the malibu. my parents have the 08 ltz with the v6 and that car moves. it smoked my buddies v8 3rd gen and a few others. I looked at the malibu before the camaro but i said f-that i want a sports car not a sedan type.

the only problem i have with the new malibu is no v6 is going to be offered first few years, that right there is the reason i dont want it. I had a car with a 4 banger and i couldnt stand it. i want to be able to step on the gas and go not think about it.
There won't be a V6 period on the Malibu.

There will be a 2.0L Turbocharged I-4 producing around 250 HP.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I have both an 08 Malibu LTZ and a 11 2SS/RS Vert.
They are two different cars, two different feels to them, and I love them both, but each is best in it's own way.

For pure driving pleasure, on a nice sunny day, it's the Camaro hands down.
For daily, lazy driving to and from work, the Malibu is a joy with it's automatic climate control, and with it's V6 it has more than enough power, and since the Malibu is an automatic, it's perfect for everyday city driving.

Oh by the way, the trunk in the Malibu is HUGE escpecially when compared to my Vert. Comes in handy once in a while.

For me, having the pair is the best of both worlds.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
alot of good that push button E-brake will do in 10 years when the electrical gremlins start showing up..... Give me a mechanical lever every time. You can actually fix it if something goes wrong.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
looks like im trading in my SS for a new Malibu.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #21
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
I had a 97 Mustang GT, then I had an 03 CTS. The CTS was the lux sport and had every single option.

I quickly realized I didn't give a dam about all the features. I just wanted a car that was fun to drive.

Just give me a v8 and a stick, other than that I don't give a crap what features it has.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #22
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!!!!
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
GM is up against very stiff competition.

Having an electronic parking brake is a great thing. Especially when it's equipped with a hill-assist program. It holds the rear brakes on a hill so the car doesn't roll back while you let out the clutch. The brakes disengage as the clutch engages so you never, ever have to worry about rolling on a hill. Even as an experienced manual-trans driver (this will be my 16th year driving manuals), I find it to be a very nice feature to have. (Seattle has some pretty damn steep hills--)

I learned to modulate it with my right hand just fine and San Francisco has some pretty STEEP hills. But I can see that it's a nice feature...even moreso for these heavy @ss cars.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #24
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
"If you buy a Camaro; you kind of expect a low down interior design." That according to a Chevrolet salesperson told me at my local dealership. He further said that "it is one of the poorer interiors of any car in recent years." I know he was taught to turn a negative into a positive like this. I just was shocked and said nothing.
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCarEnthusiast View Post
"If you buy a Camaro; you kind of expect a low down interior design." That according to a Chevrolet salesperson told me at my local dealership. He further said that "it is one of the poorer interiors of any car in recent years." I know he was taught to turn a negative into a positive like this. I just was shocked and said nothing.
A dealer's salesperson told you that?

I hope that guy's been restricted to selling Aveos and filing all the keys...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
coolman

Okay so the new Malibu has more do dads than the Camaro ,but it's still ugly and won't get you near the pu*&y that a camaro will with it's "old" out dated interior.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote