Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #43
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
STOP

Seriously, stop attacking the OP and i know you guys are going to say "i'm not" but you are. Strait up acting like jealous children. You don't know anything about the OP, he might have a job, he might be asking his dad for permission to upgrade with his own money, because he DOESN'T want his dad to think he is ungrateful.
Let me give you guys background on myself. I drive a 2011 1LS which was a gift from my parents for going to college, taking care of the house while they are away, being my grandma's taxi, being their taxi, and all around doing what is expected of me. Do i feel like DESERVE my car? HELL NO. Have i EARNED my car? HELL NO. Am i GRATEFUL for my car? HELL YES!
HOWEVER! I do want an SS, and have thought many of times about ASKING my parents if it were okay for ME to upgrade MY car to an SS. The "slap in the face" factor is the only thing that stops me from asking.

You guys do not know the OP so stop acting as if you do. It's immature.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #44
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 View Post
Maybe I don't have time to work a part time job during the year because I'm maintaining a 4.0 in school and have to many things going with school and other things. Maybe people should think about something before just assuming what they think everyone is like. If you don't think I earned the car I have then you can come and see how hard I work in and out of school.
Total

Both of my kids were 4.0 valedictorians and both worked 10-15 hrs per week at jobs to pay for their insurance and vehicle expenses.

They're both in college now and both still work part time.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #45
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Maybe I don't have time to work a part time job during the year because I'm maintaining a 4.0 in school and have to many things going with school and other things. Maybe people should think about something before just assuming what they think everyone is like. If you don't think I earned the car I have then you can come and see how hard I work in and out of school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Total

Both of my kids were 4.0 valedictorians and both worked 10-15 hrs per week at jobs to pay for their insurance and vehicle expenses.

They're both in college now and both still work part time.
Read carefully buddy. And i call about your kids... a 4.0 doesn't make you a valedictorian. Most those kids hold like 4.3- 4.5's
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #46
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I left home in Missouri and moved to Florida when I was 22. My parents were not happy about it. I started working on the beach renting chairs and umbys and selling parasail rides. I make great money sitting on the beach for 8 month a year,7 days a week "no days off." Then I don't do anything for 3 months. It has taken a long time for my parents to admit I made a good choice. My dad is a doctor and can have any car he wants, but he drives a base model Lexus that he's had for years. Trust me man, I'm living. The v6 keeps them off my case. When I was younger my mom traded me my new van for her Lexus suv. I now have a new Camaro and a Lexus and I live across the street from the beach that I work on most of the year. There is only so much my parents can take!
If you're so independent, why worry what your parents think about a V8 engine?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #47
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:

Lol. I worked 2 jobs in college, played college athletics, and was a full time student while driving a beater that I bought with money I earned and fixed it myself in the parking lot if it broke because I couldn't afford a mechanic. No one paid my tuition, rent, insurance, or gave me a free $25k car for being a good student, worker, son, or volunteer. I sure as heck wouldn't have had the balls to say what you have isn't good enough if someone handed that to me. I'd plant a big wet one on their lips. Your statement makes you sound even more spoiled.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #48
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
hey guys an gals a mind is a terrible thing to waste.. Do what you want to do the ss is the bomb
chd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #49
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

"Poor me poor me... I didn't have a blessed life... Poor me poor me. i had to work harder than anyone else. :( poor me."
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #50
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
Read carefully buddy. And i call about your kids... a 4.0 doesn't make you a valedictorian. Most those kids hold like 4.3- 4.5's

You're clueless. 4.0 was the top grade at their school Einstein, and both were valedictorians.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #51
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
Buy your own car. Showing off the car that wasn't bought by you is just like getting your wife banged by another dude and then bragging about the kid.
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #52
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottyyyyyyyyy View Post
I'm 16...us young kids the v6 has PLENTY enough power! don't be greedy and appreciate what you have.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #53
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinakshay View Post
Buy your own car. Showing off the car that wasn't bought by you is just like getting your wife banged by another dude and then bragging about the kid.
LOL! Not quite sure that's the same thing but great analogy!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #54
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
You're clueless. 4.0 was the top grade at their school Einstein, and both were valedictorians.
What school? What year(s)?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not contradicting your children's intelligence. I'm just saying that they didn't receive valedictorian spots with a 4.0. By the way sarcastic name calling and name calling in general are never effective ways get your point across.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #55
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
Shut up stop fighting with each other u all sound like ur 16.. Truthfully kid just keep the car enjoy it and wait a few more years.. Ur parents got u a great Xmas gift so keep it that's just wrong to do to them if they say they will do it u still shouldn't cuz as soon as u get the SS honestly the way u seem ur gonna want a zl1 next just enjoy the v6 u got for FREE do good in school get a job make bank then get the car u really want and then u can say I got this car myself not daddy.. Ya no... I'm 23 I bust my balls at work for the money I got to buy my SS I had some old prick get mad at me and yelled saying wat did daddy buy u this car so I replied no ya fat old F$&@ I paid for this jealous scum bag bla bla bla u don't want people saying that shit to ya cuz u can't get mad if they say that... Do wat ya gotta do and remember watever u do u still have a sweet car most kids would do anything to have a camaro given to them.. Oh yeah dude u get to drive ur dads vet don't forget about that being another free car u drive
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #56
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post

Lol. I worked 2 jobs in college, played college athletics, and was a full time student while driving a beater that I bought with money I earned and fixed it myself in the parking lot if it broke because I couldn't afford a mechanic. No one paid my tuition, rent, insurance, or gave me a free $25k car for being a good student, worker, son, or volunteer. I sure as heck wouldn't have had the balls to say what you have isn't good enough if someone handed that to me. I'd plant a big wet one on their lips. Your statement makes you sound even more spoiled.
i give you a lot of respect. i am a full time college student, and i must say having a job would be hard let alone two. it would be very possible, but it would be more stress and less free time. and you having to pay for most of your things would be hard.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote