Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #15
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Check your radio firmware version. I know that they came out with a new version...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=pdim+update
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
The widgets and the SD card are definitely huge pluses for the Droid. And the easy interface with all Google products is huge - I use Google products primarily. I really wish there was a good iPhone app for Gmail, but that's like hoping for MS Office for Mac - that took a while to produce. Like I said - I lovged the Droid when it was working. Glad you're having fun with it. I'm sure there will be things I miss.

Go Bills!
You'll have people use the fact that you can't replace the battery as a negative but we NEVER had a battery problem.

I'm thining of rooting the phone. They say it makes it even faster but I'm kinda scared to.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Smitty77

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey 2LT/RS Camaro
I was always too scared to root as well, but some of the custom widgets and icons people have created are just awesome. If you look at some of the Droid forums, you can see a lot of the creations people have come up with. Pretty cool.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
pcrdude

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Slightly off topic but related question.

Can you have an iPhone paired to the car as a phone, AND paired by A2DP through GM Music connect at the same time? If I read the manual correctly, it is one or the other, and the A2DP had to be repaired every time.

I would like to have the ability to make and receive voice calls by voice command, stream music to the stereo, and receive GPS prompts from the phone that over-ride music being streamed through A2DP.

Believe it or not, I have this capability for my motorcycle helmet.

Of course, it would be nice if the phone GPS would interrupt the car's stereo for turn-by-turn, but that's pipe dream.

iPhone users can download and use (for free) Mapquest 4 Mobile. It works very well, although it would be a battery muncher without plugging it in. That is what I am currently using for iPhone GPS voice prompts.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I have iPhone 4 and a 2010 camaro. I never could bluetooth it to play music to save my ass. It pairs with it but cant do much except use the phone. I plug it via USB and let it rock.

You need to play the music from the phone and not the headunit. Try that. Sync it together then go play a music on your iphone itself. It should play from the car speakers.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
Slightly off topic but related question.

Can you have an iPhone paired to the car as a phone, AND paired by A2DP through GM Music connect at the same time? If I read the manual correctly, it is one or the other, and the A2DP had to be repaired every time.

I would like to have the ability to make and receive voice calls by voice command, stream music to the stereo, and receive GPS prompts from the phone that over-ride music being streamed through A2DP.

Of course, it would be nice if the phone GPS would interrupt the car's stereo for turn-by-turn, but that's pipe dream.

iPhone users can download and use (for free) Mapquest 4 Mobile. It works very well, although it would be a battery muncher without plugging it in. That is what I am currently using for iPhone GPS voice prompts.

Don't know what A2DP means, but whenever ever I play music through my phone over bluetooth any calls that come in automatically override the stereo and turns on the phone feature. Then when I disconnect the music comes back on. As with GPS instruction I don't know as I never used the GPS on my phone.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
koj

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
My iPhone4s (Verizon) pairs perfectly with mine. I have a 2011, though. It's the main reason I switched from Droid to iPhone. Both phone and music work fine for me.
Can you give me more info on the problems you were having with the droid compared to the iphone?

I have verizon and don't have my camaro yet, but was considering switching to the iphone when I get my camaro

Thanks
koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
And a cat.

The two can be paired at the same time. When a call comes in it stops the music and syncs the way it should. Turn by turn will interupt the music as well. REALLY annoying when in town.

As far as the GPS on the phone I'd guess so because any sound the phone would make came through my speakers. Can't be possitive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Don't know what A2DP means, but whenever ever I play music through my phone over bluetooth any calls that come in automatically override the stereo and turns on the phone feature. Then when I disconnect the music comes back on. As with GPS instruction I don't know as I never used the GPS on my phone.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Smitty77

Quote:
Originally Posted by koj View Post
Can you give me more info on the problems you were having with the droid compared to the iphone?

I have verizon and don't have my camaro yet, but was considering switching to the iphone when I get my camaro

Thanks
My problems were specific to my phone - the HTC Incredible. But as I was researching the problem on various car forums, I found that MANY different phones and cars were having Bluetooth problems after the Gingerbread update. It wasn't specific to HTC phones - was Motorola as well. And not just GM cars - pretty much all brands of cars.

The phone worked perfectly until that particular software update. And not everyone had the Bluetooth problem - but various other problems were happening to people after Gingerbread. It was not fun. And Bluetooth wasn't the only problem I experienced - I also was no longer able to receive pictures in txt msgs, which worked fine prior to the update. My phone started to alert me for no apparent reason at different times of the day. Icons disappeared for no reason. Apps disappeared. One of the worst things was that all of a sudden the phone would report it was low on memory even though every indication was that there was plenty of memory. This was specific to the Incredible. Forced you to clear data when it wasn't obvious what you were clearing - I deleted lots of things I didn't want to delete, but it wasn't clear at all what you were supposed to delete.

I think the Droid platform is great, but I would stay away from HTC phones. The new one that just came out - Samsung I think - that looks impressive.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
pcrdude

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Thanks!!

You guys are truly Experts on Everything (EOE).

BTW A2DP stands for "advanced audio distribution profile". It allows stereo bluetooth streaming sometimes with remote control. If it does that, it is called AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).

Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
koj

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
My problems were specific to my phone - the HTC Incredible. But as I was researching the problem on various car forums, I found that MANY different phones and cars were having Bluetooth problems after the Gingerbread update. It wasn't specific to HTC phones - was Motorola as well. And not just GM cars - pretty much all brands of cars.

The phone worked perfectly until that particular software update. And not everyone had the Bluetooth problem - but various other problems were happening to people after Gingerbread. It was not fun. And Bluetooth wasn't the only problem I experienced - I also was no longer able to receive pictures in txt msgs, which worked fine prior to the update. My phone started to alert me for no apparent reason at different times of the day. Icons disappeared for no reason. Apps disappeared. One of the worst things was that all of a sudden the phone would report it was low on memory even though every indication was that there was plenty of memory. This was specific to the Incredible. Forced you to clear data when it wasn't obvious what you were clearing - I deleted lots of things I didn't want to delete, but it wasn't clear at all what you were supposed to delete.

I think the Droid platform is great, but I would stay away from HTC phones. The new one that just came out - Samsung I think - that looks impressive.
Thanks for the detailed info. Yea, I have the Motorola DroidX and although overall I am happy with it, after the last update it seems to lock up quite often.
koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

That's the one I got.

I hope I don't have any of those problems. Updates can be a pita. Apples MobileMe "Exchange for the rest of us" was really cool at first. Then my calendar started duplicating and deleting client appointments and contacts. It actually put one of our contacts in the phone 36 times. and most others 10+ times. It was over a year before Apple fixed that issue. I called to complain and (I am NOT making this up) the ONLY way to talk to them was through PC chat.

GTAHVIT can tell you, I sat here at the office for 14+ hours trying to fix the issue. Ever time I got a different rep on chat we'd have to spend 10 minutes going over the same BS. NEVER did get it fixed. The guy who was 'Assigned' my case would go home for the night and I'd have to wait for him the next night. I finally e-mailed him and told him It's working now. He replied fairly quickly and asked what I did. I told him I switched to Exchange. Never got another e-mail from him.

GTAHVIT set me up on a MS Exchange server.

THAT wasnt' the phone it's self though. Exchange worked perfectly in the iPhone and does on this phone I have now.

I noticed that the G-Mail works the same as exchange. I've been testing it with duplicate calendars and so far no problems. Anyone know ................

Sorry. Different thead.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #27
Smitty77

Quote:
Originally Posted by koj View Post
Thanks for the detailed info. Yea, I have the Motorola DroidX and although overall I am happy with it, after the last update it seems to lock up quite often.
It took a while to finally get anyone to acknowledge that it was a problem. Verizon tech support blamed HTC. HTC tech support had not heard of any issues, which was hard to believe based on the forums blowing up. Finally after I ripped HTC in a couple of post-support-call surveys, someone called me and actually helped me. They told me that engineering doesn't tell tech support anything, which seems a tad counterproductive. They have to dig any information from engineering. Finally they told me that engineering was aware of the issue and they were working on a fix. No ETA, not idea how long till the fix would be available. That was it for me. I'm loving my iPhone. Siri is pretty amazing, and I can send a txt msg from the car by dictating it to Siri and having "her" send it for me.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #28
Smitty77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I noticed that the G-Mail works the same as exchange. I've been testing it with duplicate calendars and so far no problems. Anyone know ................
Gmail and pretty much all Google apps work flawlessly through Droid (as you would expect from a Google phone). Exchange worked flawlessly for me as well in Droid. Never had a problem with either of those - that is - until the phone reported it was low on memory. Then it wouldn't sync anymore because it couldn't add any more data to the phone. Again, this was an issue that is specific to the Incredible.

Sounds like you'll be happy...at least till the next update.