Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #85
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
Any thing new on these. I had my clutch pedel stick 3/4 released at the track sunday. Smoked the clutch bad before I realized what had happened.
Clutch will be a good upgrade, but you may want to invest in a dedicated master cylinder for the clutch also. If you do a search in here, look for how the gto(?) master cylinder is swapped in. It'll help keep that fluid from boiling at the track.
And I believe the Spec clutch requires their billet flywheel. I wouldn't take anybody's word for it other than their tech guys, though.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #86
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Clutch will be a good upgrade, but you may want to invest in a dedicated master cylinder for the clutch also. If you do a search in here, look for how the gto(?) master cylinder is swapped in. It'll help keep that fluid from boiling at the track.
And I believe the Spec clutch requires their billet flywheel. I wouldn't take anybody's word for it other than their tech guys, though.
Dedicated clutch fluid reservoir from a GTO, not a GTO master cylinder.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #87
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Did some looking into the gto resivor and also see someone is modifing the master cyl also. Those two will get done after looking into warranty for sure. Couldnt find any other posts on clutchs though other than here. Thanks guys.

Now for an update on someone who installed one of these clutchs?
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #88
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC

eBay off a Ducati should work fine. My car is the dealer getting "second gear reset" this will be my first mod when I get her back.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #89
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Dedicated clutch fluid reservoir from a GTO, not a GTO master cylinder.
Regardless, I didn't see you chiming in here. Did the clutch ever go in?

For the dedicated clutch reservoir, you can check this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34085
or this one:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=gto+reservoir

You can also use the search function.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #90
11SynergyGr&Bl
JZ

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
I had a 9lb aluminum flywheel(stock was 32lbs if i remember correctly), with a 6 puck(racing) clutch, and a HD pressure plate on my 2nd gen Rx7. I used to daily drive that car, without issues mind you. The motor was far from stock as well . I also switched out the tranny and rear end, as well as had a driveshaft made. I had no chatter, or extra noise. (Did all the labor myself btw)

The only thing you need to worry about is slipping the clutch to much with that type of setup. If the company did their homework correctly, their flywheel is ALREADY balanced for the motor. You do NOT need to purchase something more to balance, or change anything out to make sure it's "balanced". That flywheel is frecking HUGE!!! lol. If they didn't do their homework, theeeeeen, well lets just say your motor will eventually fall apart internally.

If you're going with the organic you should be ok. Anything more, like the metal plated clutches, you will FRY that flywheel/clutch faster then butter in a microwave (assuming you slip the clutch). Also remember, these clutches will last, BUT make sure you are upgrading everything after you do the install. I would recommend getting the upgraded slave cylinder, and have a separate clutch housing for the fluid. If in fact our slave cylinder isn't disengaging the clutch far enough, and/or fast enough as posted by IdealG. Well there goes your money down the drain on your new awesome clutch/flywheel, unless you like that smell.

**edit**
btw, reducing the mass of the flywheel is a pretty nice upgrade. The motor will rev faster, as well as your acceleration will be faster. Hence, faster 1/4 mile times. (depending on how much weight was saved ^.~)
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #91
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Regardless, I didn't see you chiming in here. Did the clutch ever go in?

For the dedicated clutch reservoir, you can check this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34085
or this one:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=gto+reservoir

You can also use the search function.
I haven't installed yet because I waiting on the upgraded clutch master cylinders from IdealG. I want to upgrade everything all at once. Plus after watching a many SS blow there's with aftermarket clutches and flywheels I decided to hold off. I've already done the GTO reservoir upgrade, and I would recommend it to anyone even if they aren't doing other work to their car.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #92
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SynergyGr&Bl View Post
I had a 9lb aluminum flywheel(stock was 32lbs if i remember correctly), with a 6 puck(racing) clutch, and a HD pressure plate on my 2nd gen Rx7. I used to daily drive that car, without issues mind you. The motor was far from stock as well . I also switched out the tranny and rear end, as well as had a driveshaft made. I had no chatter, or extra noise. (Did all the labor myself btw)

The only thing you need to worry about is slipping the clutch to much with that type of setup. If the company did their homework correctly, their flywheel is ALREADY balanced for the motor. You do NOT need to purchase something more to balance, or change anything out to make sure it's "balanced". That flywheel is frecking HUGE!!! lol. If they didn't do their homework, theeeeeen, well lets just say your motor will eventually fall apart internally.

If you're going with the organic you should be ok. Anything more, like the metal plated clutches, you will FRY that flywheel/clutch faster then butter in a microwave (assuming you slip the clutch). Also remember, these clutches will last, BUT make sure you are upgrading everything after you do the install. I would recommend getting the upgraded slave cylinder, and have a separate clutch housing for the fluid. If in fact our slave cylinder isn't disengaging the clutch far enough, and/or fast enough as posted by IdealG. Well there goes your money down the drain on your new awesome clutch/flywheel, unless you like that smell.

**edit**
btw, reducing the mass of the flywheel is a pretty nice upgrade. The motor will rev faster, as well as your acceleration will be faster. Hence, faster 1/4 mile times. (depending on how much weight was saved ^.~)
According to them its already balanced for the motor. That was one of my first concerns. I'm not sure home much weight is being saved yet though, but the new one does have some heft to it.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #93
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
have you installed it yet?
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote