Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
here are the fundamental issues with driver's licenses and licensing:

we all have the freedom to travel. just because the government steps in an says 'oh, well, we're going to regulate it now and charge you tons of money and taxes just so you can utilize the freedom you have as a human being' doesn't mean that freedom has been taken away. i am a strong proponent of the right to travel, but at the same time i believe it's a small freedom we must sacrifice to ensure people's safety on the roads.

if our tax money wasn't spent on militarism, (as 51%-55% of federal tax income is) we would have plenty of money to fund ALL DMV's across the country, free licenses, free testing, free registrations, etc.

i think a fair way to handle it, in today's society, would be this:

You can get a start license at age 20. You must pass a comprehensive exam, both written and while in-vehicle. After (1) year, you can 'graduate' and obtain a full driver's license at age 21.

every 10 years, the test must be retaken and passed with a passing rate of 98% or better, which means you don't miss any questions and don't **** up on the driving test.

after age 65, you must be re-tested every 2-3 years, and if your grade drops below 75%, your license is to be revoked. problems with eyesight, DUI's and other things will also factor in like they do now but more strict.

if you create a test that is comparable to real-world and not those bullshit questions they give you on the test, with such a plan the roads would be A LOT better to drive.
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackersacker View Post
Honestly I think everyone should have to retest for license every 5 years. there are bad drivers at all ages.
More like every time they renew their license. Not to mention graduate the licenses for kids 15-25 with an unrestricted license at 25. Not to mention compulsory instruction in Manual Transmissions..

Never know when knowing to drive stick comes in handy from a safety standpoint.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
Fesler

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2010 Camaro's
How about we teach people to drive better than the BS test they have now. I dont care if your 16-100+ there are good and bad in all. I am 40+ and have had no wrecks or other tickets other than some speeding tickets. So the driving school would be a great way to weed out who can drive what and when. I see dozens of people a day that should not be driving because they have no concept of what they are doing or where they are going and they dont care who is around them.