Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #29
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
Yeah!!! Who doesn't love bacon! even vegetarians love bacon!

Kate
I was hoping it was something bacony lol. Everyone loves bacon just not enough to advertise it in their car i think
mattsfirstSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
most people think it says "back on" anyway.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think it depends on what the license plate actually says, that would determine if the person who owned it was a douche or not.

Someone who's prejudicial and decides that a person is a douche with low self-esteem for no other reason than they have a "vanity" plate, is a complete douche move in itself.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #32
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
I think it depends on what the license plate actually says, that would determine if the person who owned it was a douche or not.

Someone who's prejudicial and decides that a person is a douche with low self-esteem for no other reason than they have a "vanity" plate, is a complete douche move in itself.
You mean like the big girl I seen last week with a plate IMDIVA

My plate is MUSSCLE it's a SS muscle car. It's not a reference to me personally.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #33
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Pay to play? You think I dont have vanity plates on my 40k car because I cant afford them? Im not hating, crap I just said i think they are showy. So many with such thin skin.
I'm not assuming anything about your financial stability. You mentioned the extra cost of having vanity plates with your reference to buying vanity plates over diapers for kids.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Corvette guy always has a vanity plate, I got mine, and love it, gives it some class rather than a bunch of numbers and letters that are just a distraction of the car, but with a plate ,they look like they belong ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
GTFD2

Drives: C7 2LT Vert 2014/2LT RS 2012
Ohio only charges $50 for vanity plates. I get them as I feel I am helping humanity by paying higher TAXES so that our roadways can be better maintained. lol Honestly I buy them because I can.
GTFD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Free tags (purple heart) or 100 to 300 a year? Too easy.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
it has always struck me as showy and vain, hence vanity plate. I had my alma mater plates once and people thought i was being showy, i just thought i was representing my school, college spirit if you will. I dont have them anymore, not because I cared but I moved 700 miles away from that area (that area btw was dayton ohio)

I think vanity plates are kind of douchey, i paid an extra fifty bucks so you could decipher this in traffic and think I am better than you even though it was the last fifty dollars I had and my kid has no diapers...thats just my take.
The college plates also support the scholarship programs for the school. Of the extra fee for mine, all but $10 goes towards scholarships.
I used to think personalized plates were just a waste of money. But, since my college plates came out in red, it just seemed like the right time to go for it.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #38
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
We have a TON of vanity plates on my area, and it is not specific to any make or model. It just seems to be the thing to do here. I briefly thought of getting my car's name when I went to register. However, the new Nevada plates are not stamped/embossed but are instead flat. In the end, I decided to transfer my old plates because I prefer the embossed look.

I enjoy humorous plates. I was behind a tiny yellow Miata convertable today that had the license plate "ITC BTC". It is a breathe of fresh air when I see a vanity plate that is clever.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #39
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Pay to play? You think I dont have vanity plates on my 40k car because I cant afford them? Im not hating, crap I just said i think they are showy. So many with such thin skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersades View Post
We have a TON of vanity plates on my area, and it is not specific to any make or model. It just seems to be the thing to do here. I briefly thought of getting my car's name when I went to register. However, the new Nevada plates are not stamped/embossed but are instead flat. In the end, I decided to transfer my old plates because I prefer the embossed look.

I enjoy humorous plates. I was behind a tiny yellow Miata convertable today that had the license plate "ITC BTC". It is a breathe of fresh air when I see a vanity plate that is clever.
I agree. I like the funny and clever ones.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #40
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Vanity Tags are awesome end of story. Yes i do have one as well.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #41
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post

Nice vanity plate autobot...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #42
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFD2 View Post
Ohio only charges $50 for vanity plates. I get them as I feel I am helping humanity by paying higher TAXES so that our roadways can be better maintained. lol Honestly I buy them because I can.
Have to admit rscargo is clever in multiple levels