Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #71
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Pete, dont worry about this guy, he also claims in another thread that he is running low 9s and will soon be in the 8s. Dont have the exact thread but i know i read it. Maybe its true but its not on the fast list. If it is then you are the man Ginsberg!

ETA: found it, here is the direct quote from the "Pedders or Phadt" thread in the suspension section

you cant go wrong with either companys products.
i have both pedders and pfadt. both company's products helped my car to run low nines in the 1/4. (very soon 8's)

Again, if you have actually ran these times some documentation.... Maybe i just did not look hard enough. Not that i really care.

Your time is way to valuable to expend any more of it on this guy. You got his money back....good on ya, he still doesn't seem to give a crap. Its the entitlement mentality that will destroy us. God help the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A person cannot hold an impartial view when they are accepting your false statements as factual or true. It is time to burst your bubble of false and inaccurate claims. It is time to for you Ray to put up or print a retraction.

Pedders Suspension is slow. 2 months later no refund

From the title and post your implication is they 'they' is Pedders USA, LLC. You make statements. You make claims. You provide no supporting documentation of any kind. To make a complaint with any business you need to provide receipts, emails, notes, records, etc... You need to provide proof that your claim is legitimate and it is impossible for you to do so.

#1 Post the emails you sent to Pedders.

#2 Post the proof that Pedders made you buy a replacement.

#3 Post your proof that Pedders required you to send the coilover.

If anyone is wondering why I am doing this today, it is because Ray is now posting in other threads that Pedders did not do right by him. Time for Ray to post his documentation and prove you can support your claims.

MODERATORS: Please do not allow anyone to delete this thread. I want a record of this.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads

Last edited by BullF-16; 11-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #72
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
I am amazed at the audacity of all the brown nosers on this thread. The guy spent some serious bucks and has been waiting for over two months(a tad more than 5 seconds). He was told that he would receive a call back from Pedders in a timeline that Pedders did not adhere to(read the thread people the details are in there). He asked questions and was given evasive answers and actually attacked. Yes, in the end things finally worked out the way they should have a long time ago. However, this does not seem like good customer service to me(good communication is essential for good customer service). In fact, for all you guys sticking up for Pete and attacking the OP perhaps you should read the whole thread again from the beginning. The OP started out very patient and professional and even complimenting Pedders, simply looking for a resolution. It wasn't until Pete responded with an attitude and attacked the OP that he got defensive.

I am not saying that Pedders is not a good sponsor and it seems like they have a very strong following here. However we are all human and even the best make mistakes and sometimes get caught in a bad mood and snap at people when we don't mean too. I think anyone reading this thread objectively with no prior knowledge of either parties(such as me) will come to the same conclusions that I did and agree that it was not handled originally in the best manner by Pedders and that there is more to this story between Pedders and Lingenfelter that was not disclosed by Pete.
Problem is...the OP should be dealing with Lingenfelter, not Pete. If he has an issue with the delay, Lingenfelter is the company to contact because they are the seller. If the OP bought it from Pedders directly, then I would understand his argument. So I find it rather odd that instead of finding a thread titled "Lingenfelter slow to respond/bad service", I find "Pedders slow" etc. On top of that...hes just bashing Pete and not providing any proof. So in essence, what is the purpose of this thread for the OP?..to bash and complain? or to resolve?
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:32 AM   #73
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Quote:
A person cannot hold an impartial view when they are accepting your false statements as factual or true. It is time to burst your bubble of false and inaccurate claims. It is time to for you Ray to put up or print a retraction.

Pedders Suspension is slow. 2 months later no refund

From the title and post your implication is they 'they' is Pedders USA, LLC. You make statements. You make claims. You provide no supporting documentation of any kind. To make a complaint with any business you need to provide receipts, emails, notes, records, etc... You need to provide proof that your claim is legitimate and it is impossible for you to do so.

#1 Post the emails you sent to Pedders.

#2 Post the proof that Pedders made you buy a replacement.

#3 Post your proof that Pedders required you to send the coilover.

If anyone is wondering why I am doing this today, it is because Ray is now posting in other threads that Pedders did not do right by him. Time for Ray to post his documentation and prove you can support your claims.

MODERATORS: Please do not allow anyone to delete this thread. I want a record of this.
Actually on the first page of the thread the OP states,

"i sent this pm to pete:

2 months gone by and still no determination and refund
hi pete:
it has been two months since lingenfelter sent you my defective coil-over. not only did your organization made me buy another coilover to replace the leaking defective coil-over while i waited for a determination of my leaking coilover, but the wait has been excessively long.

many camaro5 members vouch for your integrity and ability to perform. i hope you can find the time to look into this matter. i realize you are very busy with sema. perhaps you can remedy this issue.

best regards"

Therefore it seems pretty clear that the OP never stated that he sent the item directly to you. He is claiming to have sent the item to Lingenfelter whom then sent the item to you 2 months ago. Then when you first respond and state that you have only been aware of the problem since his PM 2 days ago, he asks you several questions point blank to ascertain whether or not Lingenfelter has been lying to him and may be the culprit. Instead of answering his questions you get evasive and state that the OP is not your customer and what happens between you and Lingenfelter is not his business.

Pete, re-read the thread. I have no prior knowledge of the OP or this incident until reading this thread. After reading the thread I cannot understand why everyone is getting so upset with the OP. It all seems pretty simple. He purchased some Pedders stuff from Lingenfelter that was supposedly defective. Lingenfelter supposedly sent it back to Pedders and he has been waiting 2 months for Pedders to give Lingenfelter the results of their examination of the supposed defective product so he can get his money back. End of story. Either Lingenfelter lied to the OP about what was happening or Pedders screwed up in their dealings with Lingenfelter and he fell the cracks. Perhaps if you would quit being evasive and answer the OP's question and COMMUNICATE a little better, then we all can know what really happened. However, I still don't see fault with the OP. He has simply stated what has transpired and is looking for answers.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #74
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
buy a product from company that you expect service from...if i bght a sony radio from best buy or pioneer tv from best buy, and under warranty..it is best buy responsibility to replace or repair that product and deal with the manufacturer...period...ling should of taken care of this issue...they are fully capable and i would hope trained enough to spot a defective coilover...i don,t deal with ferrari in italy when my ferrari leaks oil...i take it to a dealer who sells ferrari and is a approved seller...who repairs it at no charge..they are privately owned and not owned by ferrari, just as ling is a approved seller for pedders...it is ling responsibility to resolve issue in a timely manner...they can always not sell pedders if they feel it does not benefit there business..i just bght a 4k catv meter for my business that came doa, caleed the company and they had to have me call trilithics{ manufacturer} which issued me a rma and told me it would take 7-10 days to review item and warranty...i said no way...just recd fed ex, called back company that i bght from and said they had 2 choices..they could ship another unit out same day and chrge my card till the dead unit arrived or i was disputing my chrge, and not only would they lose money but a good customer...2 days later, new meter arrived fed ex..by reseller not manufacxturer..imo
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #75
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
You make a great point mikepage, but this is a little different. Using your analogy, it would be like you buying a product from best buy and upon retuning the alleged defective product, being told by best buy that you haveto buy another one while the allegedly defective product will be returned to Sony for evaluation. And then contacting best buy for a status and told that it has been sent to Sony already. Then 2 months later, still no update and the only thing you know for sure is that best buy said they sent the allegedly defective product to Sony.

Based on this scenario, I can understand the OP's frustration. Something isn't piecing together. Either lingenfelter was not being truthful to the OP about sending the allegedly defective product back to the manufacturer 2 months ago, OR the manufacturer is not being truthful to the OP about receiving the allegedly defective product OR the OP is not being truthful about the circumstances, in which case he probably deserves this public lashing.

I'm sure Pete is a standup vendor...seriously, how does a vendor garner the kind of support and admiration that is present in this thread, other than dedicating his life to a product and supporting said product?!?

Again, there just seems to be some missing pieces, and I really hope this can be worked out between the 3 parties without additional acrimony. We are all on this forum because of our love and pride for our Camaros. Let them work it out without fanning the flames.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #76
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I don't know the details of this issue at all, but i believe the coilover in question was a Lingenfelter Coilover made by Pedders, so it would be LPE to decide on warranty and how to service the customer.

As Pete has said, the individual has been asked to provide proof, he was online last evening for at 9pm, and midnight, and again this morning at 9am. none of those times did he respond to Pete's request for any type of proof of his claims.

I've been a dealer with Pedders for over 6 years, never have we asked a customer to send us their warrantied part (thus leaving their car down) so we could look it over.

I think Pete is doing an outstanding job in this situation and as has been proven time after time after time on this board, Pedders is a step above when it comes to their customers.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #77
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I don't know the details of this issue at all, but i believe the coilover in question was a Lingenfelter Coilover made by Pedders, so it would be LPE to decide on warranty and how to service the customer.

As Pete has said, the individual has been asked to provide proof, he was online last evening for at 9pm, and midnight, and again this morning at 9am. none of those times did he respond to Pete's request for any type of proof of his claims.

I've been a dealer with Pedders for over 6 years, never have we asked a customer to send us their warrantied part (thus leaving their car down) so we could look it over.

I think Pete is doing an outstanding job in this situation and as has been proven time after time after time on this board, Pedders is a step above when it comes to their customers.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #78
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post

Watch out, the OP might send a couple more of his fanboy buddies to sign up at C5F to come in here and bash everyone that supports a great vendor.
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #79
mikepage0007

[QUOTE=BDH;5840713]You make a great point mikepage, but this is a little different. Using your analogy, it would be like you buying a product from best buy and upon retuning the alleged defective product, being told by best buy that you haveto buy another one while the allegedly defective product will be returned to Sony for evaluation. And then contacting best buy for a status and told that it has been sent to Sony already. Then 2 months later, still no update and the only thing you know for sure is that best buy said they sent the allegedly defective product to Sony.

either i stated it incorrect or you took it wrong..meant to read, that best buy or reseller of product needs to stand behind product 1st, and satisfy customer, i repeat 1st, not pedder.i would not of accepted waiting on manufacturer bs, they would either replace defectice coilover or i would dispute charge and deal with higher up management at ling then go to manufacturer myself...op has internet , this info is easy to do and people usually are not that hard to reach........reseller has obligation to fix issue 1st , and not pass on dealing with manufacturer issues...i will usually buy from a local vendor b4 i can deal with the manufacturer...even with a better deal with the manufacturer, because i make sure up front that they are going to stand behind product locally...no excuses...and knows i will dispute my charges ..no playing...i,m sure if pedders was full aware of what was going on, he would of worked out issue with customer,..i agree the way it all worked out for op sucked , but stll say that issue should of been with ling and ling should of taken up issue with pedders after they took care of there customer first..as before commenting on my doa meter, the only reason i offered to pay again was to get my replacement meter in mail that day, otherwise it would of taken 3 business days for doa meter to get to there warehouse and as soon as they had delivery , my new meter would of shipped out...saved me 3-4 days of shipping time...and they credited my chrge acct back same day as it arrived to there warehouse..these are all my opinions, and not meant to badmouth anyone here..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #80
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
dear pete:
im not understanding your anger in this situation. it is clear that you have many fans on this site because you have a wonderful reputation. perhaps my error in the beginning of this thread is that i should have titled the thread as: lingenfelter and pedders is slow. please remember that early on in this thread i posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsberg2@hotmail.com View Post
it sounds like pedders is a stand up company from what most say here on this post.
AND THIS:

Quote:
hi pete:
it has been two months since lingenfelter sent you my defective coil-over. not only did your organization made me buy another coilover to replace the leaking defective coil-over while i waited for a determination of my leaking coilover, but the wait has been excessively long.

many camaro5 members vouch for your integrity and ability to perform. i hope you can find the time to look into this matter. i realize you are very busy with sema. perhaps you can remedy this issue.

best regards
AND THIS:

Quote:
dear TAG UR IT:

i dont doubt you. when pete becomes aware of this i'm sure it will be taken care of. however, 60 days plus is more than enough time to evaluate a leaking coilover and make the refund.
AND THIS:

Quote:
A very nice representative from pedders called and said she will look into the matter.
pete, please understand that for over 60 days lingenfelter has told me that they are waiting for pedders to make a determination if the coilover is indeed defective.

here is the ups tracking that shows lingenfelter received my coilover shock on September 6th:

here is an email from lingenfelter on September 13:

clearly the evidence shows lingenfelter receiving the coilover on sept 6th and lingenfelter saying on sept 13 they have been in contact with pedders for a warranty claim. my first post on camaro5 was on November 17th. that's 67 days of "no refund" and lingenfelter telling me pedders has not made a determination as of yet.

Quote:
While his problem may have existed for 60 days, we have know about it since I believe Sunday.

obviously someone is not telling the truth. is it lingenfelter or pedders? perhaps your close relationship with lingenfelter prevents you from stating what actually transpired. if so, i admire your loyalty to those that are close to you.

you then posted:

Quote:
You are a customer and not a member of management for either company. Whatever went wrong is between our two companies. Period.
in your above post you admit something went wrong. however there is anger towards me by telling me the obvious, i'm not a member of management. i understand your frustration if you are covering up for lingenfelter.

you posted:

Quote:
Ray,This morning we located your records by cross referencing your phone number with Lingenfelter. Lingenfelter is in the process of refunding your money. No thanks required.
in the above post you state: you cross referenced records therefore there should be no need for any paperwork from me. however, you post this:

Quote:
From the title and post your implication is they 'they' is Pedders USA, LLC. You make statements. You make claims. You provide no supporting documentation of any kind. To make a complaint with any business you need to provide receipts, emails, notes, records, etc... You need to provide proof that your claim is legitimate and it is impossible for you to do so.#1 Post the emails you sent to Pedders. #2 Post the proof that Pedders made you buy a replacement. #3 Post your proof that Pedders required you to send the coilover.
why are you asking for my emails to pedders, proof of pedders making me buy a replacement, proof pedders required me to send pedders the coilover. when you and the readers know none exist since i have only been dealing with lingenfelter until the first post on 11-17. this tactic of asking for what does not exist is pathetic when all along i said: lingenfelter told me pedders had the coilover, lingenfelter told me that they sent it to pedders, lingenfelter told me i have to buy a replacement. again, if you are covering for lingenfelter than i admire you more than you can imagine. it must be very frustrating and i'm sorry that you dislike me so much, however the dislike is not reciprocal. you sound like a stand-up guy.

now here is where you really get unfair to me. you post:

Quote:
i did not post pedders did not do right by me on camaro5, here is what i did post on this site:

Quote:
you cant go wrong with either companys products.
i have both pedders and pfadt. both company's products helped my car to run low nines in the 1/4. (very soon 8's)
if you find what i said offensive, i will remove it.

pete: your reputation on camaro5 is excellent. you have many satisfied customers that vouch for you. perhaps you and i were dragged into this skirmish by elements out of our control. i'm sure if i have dealt with you from the beginning, this matter would have been resolved quickly. my apologies for offending you. perhaps there was some comparative negligence on all sides including myself.
i would like nothing more than a peace treaty between us.

Last edited by ginsberg2@hotmail.com; 11-26-2012 at 06:27 AM.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #81
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Ray,

The nits I have to pick with you are this thread was started before you contacted Pedders and because you had already waited so long for a resolution you had little faith or patience Pedders would resolve it quickly. You are a Lingenfelter / Pedders customer and we will be here for you when you need us.

PGB@PeddersUSA.com
M 616.834.8100

Use them any time.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #82
XCLR8

Drives: 2010 2SS
WOW!! After reading the whole thread & seeing the documentation, what a very unprofessional way to treat a customer.. Good thing Ray is a forum member & knew how to contact Pete.. He might still be waiting.. No Thanks Required
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #83
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8 View Post
WOW!! After reading the whole thread & seeing the documentation, what a very unprofessional way to treat a customer.. Good thing Ray is a forum member & knew how to contact Pete.. He might still be waiting.. No Thanks Required
+1...I will never do business with either of those 2 companies.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #84
mikepage0007

the facts are. ray bght coilovers from ling...coilovers was defective..customer contacted ling about defective coilover.....ling said to ship coilover to ling and not pedders? but they would then ship coilover to pedders themselves for review?? ling requested payment for another coilover not pedders, after spending 2 months waiting on ling to refund $$$, who told customer everything he has reported blaming pedders here on 11-17-12 BEFORE EVER CONTACTING PETE 1ST and within 3 business days had issue{ money returned}, from ling not pedders as pedders never took any money nor requested any, but pedders took time to resolve credit card charge from ling to customer..which they have nothing to do with lings business or policies...like buying a set of tires from chevy dealer and having a defective tire and having to send your damaged tire to japan for pirelli to review your tire...chevy dealer sold you the tire, it is there responsibility to replace the tire if defective..calling pirelli becsuse chevy dealer has not refunded your money is not there problem...they would not waste 2 minutes trying to help you get your money back, they would tell you to deal with chevy dealer .. this is policy of ALL companies out ther , like it or not....period...