Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Vararam CAI for 2012 Camaro

Anyone have one of these? I was originally thinking of getting the Injen CAI but after reading about the Vararam it sounds a lot better in terms of quality and power gains. First of all is this true, and second of all my other concern would be I don't want to mess with my warranty so is the Vararam safe? And will it fit my 2012 v6? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for all the help

Here is the link http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1904
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Vararam doesn't make an intake for the LFX (2012+).

You can't get what doesn't exist. While there are some that have awaited the arrival of the Vararam, thus far they have failed to deliver.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Vararam because when JRE was asking vendors to donate an intake for them to test so they could provide owners with a real numbers as to how they stack up, Vararam declined (for whatever the reason may be).

With that said, here is a link to the testing performed by JRE with the vendors that stepped up to the plate to show how effective their systems are and weren't just pissing in the wind with alleged hp/tq gains.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96774
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
No Vararam is out for the '12s (v6 or v8). It's pretty much a running joke on these forums given some recent posts by Vararam. Search the forum.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Yeah that what's I thought, but on that website it said 2010-2012. Thanks guys!

I'm guessing no one knows if and when they are coming out with a model for the LFX?
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The Vararam is no joke on the 10s and 11s...it rocks. Sorry for you guys that the same intake doesn't work. I'd probably settle for a CAI brand and a scoop even though that is an expensive combo.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post

You can't get what doesn't exist. While there are some that have awaited the arrival of the Vararam, thus far they have failed to deliver.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Vararam because when JRE was asking vendors to donate an intake for them to test so they could provide owners with a real numbers as to how they stack up, Vararam declined (for whatever the reason may be).

With that said, here is a link to the testing performed by JRE with the vendors that stepped up to the plate to show how effective their systems are and weren't just pissing in the wind with alleged hp/tq gains.

Looks like the JRE tests haven't been updated to include the LFX. Would like to know if anyone has made their CAI better. Word of mouth is not as good as dyno sheets. JMO
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
The_Grinch

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post

Just to clear a couple of things up, when JRE did there comparison, the Vararam product was not out.

And even if it was out the JRE guys are very anti-ram air. If you talk to them about it they will make a bunch of references to this website and that. I did a quick search and can find just as many websites claiming the oposite. Since JRE is so set against ram air systems. There is no way they can be impartal on doing their comparison.
The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Partiality has no room to influence actual numbers.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The Vararam is no joke on the 10s and 11s...it rocks. Sorry for you guys that the same intake doesn't work. I'd probably settle for a CAI brand and a scoop even though that is an expensive combo.

^THIS. Had one on my 2011 and it was awesome; couldn't wait for 2013 version so went with CAI.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote