Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post

In the end its great to have all the cars from the big three back on the road and choose what you want to drive. Again mods, drivers, ect it makes the difference. I have seen vids of stock stangs beating a camaro to. I have seen a little SRT4 keep up with a vette. It is all about the drivers. When cars are close in performance that is what it comes down to. So yes, please put it to rest. You chose your car and you love it. Hurray for winning a street race. There will be times as well when you lose a race. So just enjoy what you have and call it a day.
I can agree with this and the rest of your post, very unbiased and spot on.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #16
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
So I have been looking around at all the posts of the GT500 compared to the SS and people losing races to the GT and I just want to vent for a minute. This weekend I pulled up to a new blue 2010 Mustang GT with all the options and my wife and I were cruising in my SS. He starts revving his engine so I say what the hey, when the light hit green we take off and my SS just dominates that GT so bad I slowed down to wait for it. There was no one around, that is why I did it, but how can people say they are getting beat by it and that it is a superior car. My SS is also auto by the way. So once and for all SS>GT. If Ford fanboys don't believe it go find out. As far as the SS vs. GT500 thing......give it a rest, they are not in the same group. Compare it to a Vette, get a beat down by it at the track, and then come back. It's just so funny that they never mention the Vette. I mean if I wanted to my 97 Trans Am with 18k in it I could say was better than the GT500 but once again, it's in a different class. I only paid 2k for the car so that means a 20k car is much faster than a 40k car if you want to get into it like that. And you could say, well put that into the GT500, well then it would still be way more expensive and I could mod again to beat it for cheaper. Bottom line, give it a rest, SS vs. GT, Vette vs. GT500. Feel free to chime in, but no educated person would try to convince others that these cars are in the same class.
GT500 is not in the same group as the Corvette. the Corvette is a 2 seat track car, while the GT500 is a 4 seat pony car. The Corvette should be compared to the Ford GT.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
That is just crazy.......maybe the Z06 or ZR1, but not the base model Vette. It doesn't matter the seating capability.....a Mazda Miata only has 2 seats too, should we compare that to a Vette.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Old 06-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #18
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
What's a Mustang?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #19
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
That is just crazy.......maybe the Z06 or ZR1, but not the base model Vette. It doesn't matter the seating capability.....a Mazda Miata only has 2 seats too, should we compare that to a Vette.
You just do not quite understand. You are basing a car on price, not functionality. In truth, the Miata DOES have more in common because it is a SPORTS CAR first. Granted it does not have the power, but that is what it was built for. Responsive, quick, sporty little car. In class of power, the Vette is in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, GT(40), cars of that class. Base on its performance, weight, and handling. Which I would say is pretty good company.

Unfortunately there is nothing else to compete with the GT500 in its CLASS. The Z28 Maro would be it...and the SRT8 sort of is in this class, being the top dodge, but that's where it ends.

So a vette base or not, is still not the same car a GT500 is. Its just two completely different class of cars, regardless of the pricing for them.

Closed Thread