Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #211
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
You signed up for this forum to post THAT?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #212
roy
Erlkoenig

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
You two wouldn't understand unless you driven a few years on the Nordschleife and had a few hundred laps under your belt.
You don't come to the ring on a public day to test , you come to show the world what you got. Evidently the car or the driver wasn't ready.
Don't get me wrong here I would like to see the new Camaro cut a good BTG time. I would hope it could surpass my camaros time of 8m 30 secs BTG. I am still hoping it will .
Here is a shot from a few years back of my camaro on the ring driving to its 8:30BTG Time.
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #213
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy View Post
You two wouldn't understand unless you driven a few years on the Nordschleife and had a few hundred laps under your belt.
You don't come to the ring on a public day to test , you come to show the world what you got. Evidently the car or the driver wasn't ready.
Don't get me wrong here I would like to see the new Camaro cut a good BTG time. I would hope it could surpass my camaros time of 8m 30 secs BTG. I am still hoping it will .
Here is a shot from a few years back of my camaro on the ring driving to its 8:30BTG Time.
And your point would be?? Perhaps you don't understand that suspension tuning is a process of trying parts, seeing how they perform, trying other parts, go out and see how they do, try different settings, etc. The ZR1 Vette was there for quite a bit undergoing suspension tuning prior to running lap times that they wanted to release publicly. You don't just show up and hope you got it right, it is a process to ensure that you do get it right.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #214
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
...Evidently the car or the driver wasn't ready.
Maybe you're right and the car wasn't ready.... especially considering that the start of regular production isn't until nine months from today. It looked like it was doing pretty well to me but luckily we still have some time to get the engine and suspension tuned right while the dies are being made and the suppliers are making the molds for the parts etc.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #215
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Maybe you're right and the car wasn't ready.... especially considering that the start of regular production isn't until nine months from today. It looked like it was doing pretty well to me but luckily we still have some time to get the engine and suspension tuned right while the dies are being made and the suppliers are making the molds for the parts etc.
That and I'm sure that engineers and test drivers don't go all out first time they take a prototype of a car to a track like the ring, regardless of if the car is fully tuned or not.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #216
roy
Erlkoenig

What I am getting at is, you test on a closed track and get it right, Not on an open track with car makers and privateers out there that use you as a moving chicane. If you come to Nordschleife with a nonsorted car or driver that doessn't know the track , you can expect that type of performance.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #217
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
What I am getting at is, you test on a closed track and get it right, Not on an open track with car makers and privateers out there that use you as a moving chicane. If you come to Nordschleife with a nonsorted car or driver that doessn't know the track , you can expect that type of performance.
You do. I would. Everyone (mostly) on here would.

But do Manufacturers? They take it out, see how it feels, and tune it. Repeat. Notice how they moved over to let that porche pass? They're not trying to time themselves. They're tuning.

You mentioned the track would eat you alive...I agree - what other reason would they want to do some suspention tuning there?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #218
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
i think the driver in the car knows the track. gm would not put a novice out there with no experience to test one of the most anticipated vehicle in the world. mater of fact i think they had a legend in the car at that time. im sure when it is done they will come back to get ur dun.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #219
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
You're telling professional tuners/race car drivers how to tune. What did you say your last name was Roy?

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-24-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #220
yazmi_09

Drives: none...yet
Smile

im totally getting this car , well my daddy is getting it for me ,and were already on the waiting list ,im not an expert on it like alot pf people here, but i do know some things im sooooo excited for it to come out
yazmi_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #221
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazmi_09 View Post
im totally getting this car , well my daddy is getting it for me ,and were already on the waiting list ,im not an expert on it like alot pf people here, but i do know some things im sooooo excited for it to come out
Welcome! As far as not being an expert, last year at this time I wasn't an expert either. I joined up and got up to speed on the facts (took a week or two) then I learned all the speculation, guesses, and wishlists. Now I'm an expert.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #222
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
This video is both sweet and glorious. This car will own. I'd like to see how an LS3 camaro with a full exhaust and intake upgrade and ECU tune would stack up against a 911 GT3 or turbo in a highway run from 50 to 150.
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #223
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I just want to know all the times for all the trims around the track! THAT'S what I want to know!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #224
roy
Erlkoenig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
This video is both sweet and glorious. This car will own. I'd like to see how an LS3 camaro with a full exhaust and intake upgrade and ECU tune would stack up against a 911 GT3 or turbo in a highway run from 50 to 150.
SDQR
That my friend would be a bridge way to far . Just think of the GT3 as a Z06 made by Porsche. Every nut and bolt on that car methodically and purpose built.
On the other hand you throw enough money at it , it can be done.