Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
ALLT4

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
How do you respond to compliments?

Last night I just went cruising around for nothing better to do. At every store I stopped at for a drink or take a leak, someone complimented the car. How do you respond without sounding like an arrogant prick? I usually just say thanks and move on. Really I didn't buy the car to get compliments or increase my ego, and I'm not saying anybody else did either, I bought it because we needed a car and had the money for this one. The constant compliments are getting embarrassing for me.

I'm very nice when someone starts asking about the car but I have to say it's getting old having to explain all about it everywhere.

Don't get me wrong buying a car like this an emotional thing and I love it, love the RJT color, I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm a little humbled by it all. Hard to explain, I really didn't expect this kind of reaction from everybody.
ALLT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
MuscleCarz

Drives: 5.4 3v
"Thank you" is fine. Stick with that.
MuscleCarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
A nice, humble 'Thank You' will do.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
I always just respond by saying thank you, it's really a fantastic car.....

One of the weirdest compliements the car got was when a guy pulled up next to me in a new BMW 750i ....he rolled down his window and his mouth was wide open.....the first few minutes were just him spitting out curse words....like f*** that car is bada**....holy s***......he just kept going and finally I just laughed and said thanks and drove off. That was uncomfortable!

Talking about the car isn't old to me yet....and it probably won't get that way anytime soon....i'm so thrilled that so many people are taking such interest in American muscle.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Say " THANK YOU"
Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
I always just respond by saying thank you, it's really a fantastic car.....

One of the weirdest compliements the car got was when a guy pulled up next to me in a new BMW 750i ....he rolled down his window and his mouth was wide open.....the first few minutes were just him spitting out curse words....like f*** that car is bada**....holy s***......he just kept going and finally I just laughed and said thanks and drove off. That was uncomfortable!

Talking about the car isn't old to me yet....and it probably won't get that way anytime soon....i'm so thrilled that so many people are taking such interest in American muscle.
I had a similar encounter with two guys in a BMW 750i. I was eating breakfast at the Chester Diner a couple of weeks ago, SIM parked in a nice spot out front. I see the 750i roll in, park next to my car but not too close and the driver pops out & starts walking around the car, waving to his friend to come over. Both stare at the Camaro for a few minutes then come it and announce "Who's driving the Camaro ?" I answer them and they come over asking questions - the funniest part was when the driver asks how much I paid, I answer around $30K and his friend says "Damn, for that price you could have 3 Camaros for what you paid for the BMW and the Camaro looks a hell of a lot cooler". Priceless.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
I had a similar encounter with two guys in a BMW 750i. I was eating breakfast at the Chester Diner a couple of weeks ago, SIM parked in a nice spot out front. I see the 750i roll in, park next to my car but not too close and the driver pops out & starts walking around the car, waving to his friend to come over. Both stare at the Camaro for a few minutes then come it and announce "Who's driving the Camaro ?" I answer them and they come over asking questions - the funniest part was when the driver asks how much I paid, I answer around $30K and his friend says "Damn, for that price you could have 3 Camaros for what you paid for the BMW and the Camaro looks a hell of a lot cooler". Priceless.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
You didn't realize you bought an iconic American muscle machine when you ordered it? You're going to get compliments, mots people out there haven't even seen one of these yet. If I were in your shoes I'd be saying something nice and appreciative like "Thanks! I love this car." Not that hard.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
If you don't like compliments this was probably the wrong car to buy. Don't worry though, by this time next summer there will be so many Camaro's on the road you won't have to worry about it. It'll just be another car. Just like the Mustang.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
I hear ya ALT...

I'm usually the w/end driver for my RJT, its my wife's daily. Last weekend I made several errands and every place I went, either before or after I got back into the car someone came up and complimented the car and asked questions. That's in addition to the drivers or passengers who said something while waiting at a stoplight.
I say, "Thanks - I appreciate it" but it is a bit weird!
We certainly didn't buy it for the attention (honestly - who knew it would generate this much!). And yea, it will all die down soon, but hey, its certainly given us "celebrity status" which we are not used to having.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I always say "Thanks, GM really did a good job with the car."
Old 08-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
not to sound mean spirited, but if you didn't want the compliments, why did you buy the car?
it's not like you didn't know the hype was NOT gonna be there..
i think anyone who was gonna purchase this car was gonna have some foresight to know they're gonna get questions, compliments.....and soforth.
i guess i'm just dumbfounded that anyone who bought one would be the least bit agitated over the attention this cars receives........
Consider yourself lucky right now because it's a fleeting thing.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I usually say thank you and I love her so much and giggle like a school girl.

They just smile big when I say that
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
We just usually say "Well Thank You very Much"! Were really enjoying it!
We didn't expect as much attention as we got and are still getting it even though there are some in town. Enjoy while it lasts!

We were followed into the local Mobile Station to fill up and were followed in by a fancy sports car.
The hubby said it was a Maserati Quattroporte S. It was long Black & Beautiful!
The driver drove by slowly with his mouth opened and we were staring back at his car probabbly the same way.
He nodded and gave a thumbs up! We gave it back and smiled.
He looked familiar like a TV or movie star we have seen but he never stopped or got any gas? He just pulled right back out and keep looking back lol! It was probably the biggest compliment to get coming from someone with one of those!

It was great! Another time a young guy who really never said a word. All he could say was just said Wow! Yeah! Man! lol
My hubby Jim didn't know how to address him back on that. He said he felt awkward. He was driving a new Aveo and just gave him a nice nod as a Thank You!

Like others I think that's all you really need to say!