Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #127
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My 2012 SC rattles. Car has 14K miles on it. Dealer has new SC on order and should get it back next week.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #128
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by compudiva View Post
CRTZL1 can you post what it sounds like now that you have gotten it fixed/replaced.
I will try to get one tomorrow... I can't get a good one in my garage cause of the echoing of the exhaust... and it's to dark out now... stay tuned!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #129
FA5TRNU

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Finally went ahead and took mine by my dealership today. I've had the noise for a little while now but hadn't rushed over to them yet as I figured I have a while before it gets to bad. Plus, I always expect them to give me grief about it as they might not think it's bad enough. But, the service tech did have shop manager come out and listen and he said, "yep, I can hear it". So the tech said he'd get one ordered and call me. It was looking like might be little hassle at first cause tech asked me if I wanted to leave it to let them "check it out". I told them the only thing you have to do is listen. If it has the sound, it needs replacing. After the shop manager listened, all was good. LOL. The service tech did say he wasn't sure how long would take to get it in because it's the first one they've ordered. Hopefully, it won't take to long. We shall see. LOL.
FA5TRNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #130
novaman
Drives 2013 ZL1 Convt.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convt. 1972 lsx nova
I got a letter in the mail yesterday says if it sounds like marbles while idling bring it in, so its a trip to the dealer for me.
novaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #131
isleguy99

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM A10
got my letter, took car in today, rattle was heard so will be getting a new supercharger. Question is are you guys who are awaiting a replacement still driving your car or should I be leery of damaging my engine?
isleguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #132
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleguy99 View Post
got my letter, took car in today, rattle was heard so will be getting a new supercharger. Question is are you guys who are awaiting a replacement still driving your car or should I be leery of damaging my engine?
I had my car inspected today and the isolator rattle was confirmed by the service manager. They ordered the replacement today. And said they have been asked by GM to keep the car until the replacement is complete so that no other damage is incurred. That raised a few internal questions, but with the 10 yr. or 120,000 mile warranty I'm not concerned. So I expect to hear from them sometime next week when the car is ready.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #133
compudiva
BLCSWAN

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Toyota 4Runner
For the most part are they just popping the hood and listening or are they taking it back into the shop? Would like to know what to expect.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #134
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
For the most part are they just popping the hood and listening or are they taking it back into the shop? Would like to know what to expect.
When I took my car in today, at the beginning we opened the hood and the faint rattle could be heard. The service manager informed me they would look into with more detail by removing some of the belts to isolate the noise and then use another listening device, a mechanics stethoscope for confirmation.

When I dropped the car off at 10:00 am they were extremely busy. They drove me home in their shuttle. But there were about 10-12 cars there for some sort of maintenance or warranty work when I arrived. The dealership called me back with the details about 4 hours later and offered a rental car. I declined, I have 3 other vehicles to drive.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #135
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
When I got mine done a month ago ...I just drove down parked my car out front.... service manager and head shop Dude came outside, I popped the Hood and they were like yep will order you the parts... mine was very very faint as well.... so in conclusion every dealership is going to be a little different I guess.
Also they did tell me to park it when I got home and not drive it until my parts came in. The new blower was in three days later....
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #136
compudiva
BLCSWAN

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Toyota 4Runner
Anyone in Maryland have this done yet? If so, where did you go.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #137
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Here is what happens. If you don't stop driving the car when you hear the noise. I heard about the service bulletin 10 minutes after this happened. Waiting on the new engine to be shipped to Germany.
Attached Images

2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #138
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
If you haven't replaced your SC. Remove the engine cover and then start your car. If you have the issue you will definitely hear it. I had to do that after two dealers said they could not hear it. After removing the cover they could hear it much more at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #139
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
I can hear it on mine and had a friend that is a mechanic take a look at it. He took the belt off and could rotate the drive pulley back and forth about 1.5" and this is after I had TWO different dealerships look at it recently. I've also been noticing an issue at idle too. Feels like a miss, so we checked that too and he showed me a problem with the fuel trim on his scanner. Will have the dealership look at that too.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #140
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
Here is what happens. If you don't stop driving the car when you hear the noise. I heard about the service bulletin 10 minutes after this happened. Waiting on the new engine to be shipped to Germany.
The damage in this photo looks like more than just an isolator issue.

Are you guys leaving on your CAI when you take it in to the dealer?