Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #183
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
It's not the tail lights that make the 14's look bad to me, it's that giant unpainted plastic rear diffuser that runs all the way up to the middle of the license plate depression... makes it look like the heel of a running shoe to me. It's more noticeable on lighter colors, and MOST noticeable on a white car.
You do know that there are options for it to not be black...below is a picture of mine...OMG and it is a 14, and it is white but the diffuser is not black all the way into the license plate......
GB
To each his own. This whole 10-13 is better than any other model year argument is really stupid. I for one am not the biggest fan of the knight rider look of the 10-13 fascia but I am not going to say it every time there is a picture of one in any thread on this forum. Whereas some people think they have to reiterate their dislike of the 14 tail lights and how it is the worst camaro to ever be built, every time there is a picture of one or someone posts that they have one or are thinking of getting one. Would the small things I dislike of the previous Gen5's stop me from buying another if the price was right..no. Will I go into someone's thread or comment on someone's post about their car and say how much I hate something about it...no. They are all Camaros and we all bought 1 or more for the same reasons, the permagrin, the ability to modify and make them unique and that great feeling you get when you drive it.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:32 PM   #184
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
^^^ that looks really clean!! That's how they should've made them in the first place, I guess gm decided to save a few pennies for the paint.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #185
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I like both of the taillights.. We have a 2012 and 2014.. So we have the best of both worlds.. But here is the deal, the halos and LED on the 2014 are way brighter!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #186
Roberte

Drives: 2013 Metallic Blue SS2
I have a 2013 and have rented a 2014...I like both backends - I think the lights will grow on you after a while.
Roberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:00 AM   #187
1BDS5GEN

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
If you change out your stock wing for a black z28 wing, smoke out the rear lights your cars ass will look much better.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-09-01-00-48-22.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  64.2 KB
1BDS5GEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #188
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
It is hideous.. nothing like a first gen.. more like an impala... or 88 Iroc
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:38 AM   #189
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
tell me how smoking out the taillights gives them a different enough shape where people start liking them. just trying to justify everones dislike, do they look round when you cover them? maybe my eyes are playing tricks
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #190
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
show me a camaro that had prelude-esque, wrap around taillights, i cannot think of any...except, of course, the 2014+.

at the end of the day, it's all preference. personally, i hate those taillights because they look like something you'd see on a honda before a camaro/muscle car.

Keep In mind that over the years DOT regulations over the design of lighting systems. While the wraparound style is a choice by GM, the design is also influenced by safety requirements. Moreover, the Camaro's designs are nothing like the Challenger. While the Challenger strictly adheres to early 1970s design cues without a hint or originality, the Camaro is only influenced by the 1969 model. Some evolution must occur for design to progress. If the biggest complaint is that these aren't to your taste, then you can stick to Dodge and the rest of us will continue not to care.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #191
1BDS5GEN

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
I never mentioned anything about changing the shape of the lights. I was just showing the op what a white camaro with smoked lights and black wing would look like. If you notice in my post there are both years of camaro that are white with black wing and lights. In my opinion these modifications make a white camaro stand out more.
1BDS5GEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #192
babymandm

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
1BDS5GEN: That car looks awesome! I really like the light covers and
The wing. Can you get them covers anywhere other than online, do performance auto part stores carry them? We have an AA Auto Parts store near by and they used to sell similar items but I haven't been there in a long time. Guess it's worth a phone call. What so they run for a set? I really want to get a set.

All these comments and pictures you are all posting, you really are starting to change my feeling on my car. Now it's just getting all the cash together to do what I want to the car.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #193
babymandm

Where is the best place to buy those Gill insert graphics? I was looking on ebay and they have them anywhere from 12.99 to 19.99 and have some that are 49.99 and 69.99. And some look like a hockey stick and some are just straight edges.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #194
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
Where is the best place to buy those Gill insert graphics? I was looking on ebay and they have them anywhere from 12.99 to 19.99 and have some that are 49.99 and 69.99. And some look like a hockey stick and some are just straight edges.
rpi designs has a couple choices
Old 09-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #195
babymandm

I'll have to check them out there. Thank you. Was shopping around earlier and I didn't know those smoked tail lights are illegal in most states. I wouldn't buy them just for show, little disappointed now. As you can tell, I'm clueless when it comes to "pimping" out my car. Trying to decide now what I can do that is legal to drove on the streets.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #196
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
I'll have to check them out there. Thank you. Was shopping around earlier and I didn't know those smoked tail lights are illegal in most states. I wouldn't buy them just for show, little disappointed now. As you can tell, I'm clueless when it comes to "pimping" out my car. Trying to decide now what I can do that is legal to drove on the streets.
well, when i got mine, i only had a few things i wanted to do,but ive got other cars that are quite heaviliy modded so i wanted to lay low on the camaro. maybe try to google images of a car your year and color and see what kind of ideas you get. phaztek is also another site who has a good selection of parts. hope this helped