Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-31-2016, 12:30 PM   #57
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Just placed my order for 1 7/8" headers and x-pipe with cats and AFM valves! I'll be hooking it up to the stock NPP catback for now. Hopefully the reduction in pipe size at the entrance of the stock muffler doesn't hurt being so far back and at this power level.

I ordered through RDP store. Give them a call for some nice pricing! Can't wait to get them. I'll have LMR do a before and after dyno if I can.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #58
MAtRiX_757

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Just placed my order for 1 7/8" headers and x-pipe with cats and AFM valves! I'll be hooking it up to the stock NPP catback for now. Hopefully the reduction in pipe size at the entrance of the stock muffler doesn't hurt being so far back and at this power level.

I ordered through RDP store. Give them a call for some nice pricing! Can't wait to get them. I'll have LMR do a before and after dyno if I can.
Let me know how this works for you, I was going to do the same thing. Order the headers with cats, I too have NPP.
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #59
jimmypop13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
Let me know how this works for you, I was going to do the same thing. Order the headers with cats, I too have NPP.
Definitely. I think it's gonna be awesome man. I wanted to keep the stock axleback for now mostly bc I need quiet mode. On the video Stainless Works posted, it hardly seems quieter with the valves closed. I'm gonna wait and see if they release another one with the same straight through design for valves open but a quieter one for valves closed, maybe they'll add some packing or something. Borla would be an option too but no one knows if they'll sell just an axleback. hopefully I'll be totally happy with the stock one but i would like slp loudmouth/cutout loud when open.

Last edited by jimmypop13; 03-31-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #60
MAtRiX_757

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Definitely. I think it's gonna be awesome man. I wanted to keep the stock axleback for now mostly bc I need quiet mode. On the video Stainless Works posted, it hardly seems quieter with the valves closed. I'm gonna wait and see if they release another one with the same straight through design for valves open but a quieter one for valves closed, maybe they'll add some packing or something. Borla would be an option too but no one knows if they'll sell just an axleback. hopefully I'll be totally happy with the stock one but i would like slp loudmouth/cutout loud when open.
Yeah, I like a nice deep sound so I am waiting to see what Flowmaster does for an NPP axleback.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #61
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Here's the Info Sheet for our new systems 2016 Camaro SS

Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #62
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
So glad to see exhaust kits supporting the NPP function!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #63
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
So why do your Chambered Exhaust sound Terrible on the New Camaro??
I had you Chambered on my earlier 2002 and it was righteous.

Went with the Flowmaster Outlaw on my 2012, and was trying to decide the best sound for the 2016???????
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #64
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
So why do your Chambered Exhaust sound Terrible on the New Camaro??
I had you Chambered on my earlier 2002 and it was righteous.

Went with the Flowmaster Outlaw on my 2012, and was trying to decide the best sound for the 2016???????
Hey Intimidator - We tested out the chambered round mufflers on this car and we didn't feel it was the best solution. When designing the system we felt the new muffler we developed for this car was a better sound. I'll let our R&D team know that we should keep the chambered round muffler as a option for a future system based on customer demand. We'll take another look this summer and see if we can make it an option.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #65
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
Hey Intimidator - We tested out the chambered round mufflers on this car and we didn't feel it was the best solution. When designing the system we felt the new muffler we developed for this car was a better sound. I'll let our R&D team know that we should keep the chambered round muffler as a option for a future system based on customer demand. We'll take another look this summer and see if we can make it an option.
I have the NPP coming on my car...so when the bypass in on with your system, do you still get the same DEEP chambered sound?
No Longtubes will be on this car, just from the cats back...I want the functioning of the NPP, so I can make it whisper when needed...but I want a deep roar when playing!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #66
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I have the NPP coming on my car...so when the bypass in on with your system, do you still get the same DEEP chambered sound?
No Longtubes will be on this car, just from the cats back...I want the functioning of the NPP, so I can make it whisper when needed...but I want a deep roar when playing!
System definitely isn't whisper quiet with the valves closed. It's got a nice sound with the valves closed and then a deeper roar when they are open.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #67
jimmypop13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
What has to be done if a full system is installed to keep CELs from popping up? I am very interested in doing the full NPP compatible system but definitely do not want to deal with constant CELs.
Both versions of the x-pipe are designed to keep that from happening on an automatic trans car. One has working AFM valves, the other has a mount for the electric motors but no valves. This prevents the motors from thinking there is a problem and throwing a code but when AFM turns on and u go into v4 mode, it will sound like a rice burner since the AFM valves aren't there to quiet it down.

The CEL that no cats or high flow cats cause will need to be tuned out or you could try o2 Sims or spark plug non-foulers
Old 04-07-2016, 08:52 AM   #68
MAtRiX_757

Ya, I see no where Stainless Works said you would have to tune out a CEL. Also The AFM valve delete wouldnt cause a ricer sound either from what I understand from them.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #69
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
If I get the full catback, and then later install the SW headers- will the axle-back portion of the catback (mufflers) connect directly to the headers without modification?

It kinda looks like it would in the pictures, I just want to confirm.

Thanks!
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #70
jimmypop13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
Ya, I see no where Stainless Works said you would have to tune out a CEL. Also The AFM valve delete wouldnt cause a ricer sound either from what I understand from them.
It is assumed unless stated these days that high flow cats still cause a CEL. Kooks green cats are the only ones I know of that don't.

And I guarantee not having AFM valves sounds like a ricer in v4 mode. You can do this test right now. Pull fuse 43. That will keep the AFM valves open in v4 mode. Go for a drive down around town and on the highway. Now imagine headers and a less restrictive exhaust. It will be even louder. Without the AFM valves, there's no big restriction to quiet it down.

Tags
bolt on, exhaust, headers, long tube headers