Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #71
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Just bought a one owner 15 2SS/RS 1le w/ NPP, Recaros, Nav, 4yr/48K GM warranty, 6,900mi for $32K. Wish there was some way to see how spending $7K in conservative mods would compare to the 17 1le? Give it to Randy for a head to head. There are some ridiculous deals on some nice low mileage 1le's right now. I was thinking about going to the 17 1le, but I figured I would stick with the last bare bones street/track muscle car. I like the simplicity of the Gen 5 1le's, funny to think these are becoming the dinosaurs of the Camaros, evolution waits for no one....
There is my red hot 15 on the lot in Villa Rica ga for $32500ish.. 9800miles. Great deal if you want a gen5.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #72
pbsinternet1le

I also removed my vitesse throttle controller and mild to wild switch. $200 for both of them if anybody is interested in..dang I am already making money!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #73
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
Exactly. And you'd end up with a modded gen 5 that you would never get that mod money back... that's why I went gen 6. 1st day on back roads today... no regrets!
True, and buying new/faster is a great option vs. modding.

I like modding, within reason. If I bought a Gen6 I'd still be looking at modding. It's a state of mind I guess, an interesting journey, the joy of the one thing you did that makes the car feel so much better. 10k over time is not a lot to improve the things about your car that you want to be better. I will do the same for any "fun" car I get. Sounds like one of your first mods will be the audio

I've modded several cars, bikes, and a truck over the years and I don't regret a bit of it. Learned some lessons along the way, mostly just had fun enjoying the hobby of it.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:49 PM   #74
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
True, and buying new/faster is a great option vs. modding.

I like modding, within reason. If I bought a Gen6 I'd still be looking at modding. It's a state of mind I guess, an interesting journey, the joy of the one thing you did that makes the car feel so much better. 10k over time is not a lot to improve the things about your car that you want to be better. I will do the same for any "fun" car I get. Sounds like one of your first mods will be the audio

I've modded several cars, bikes, and a truck over the years and I don't regret a bit of it. Learned some lessons along the way, mostly just had fun enjoying the hobby of it.
Audio is a bit lame compared to the BOSTON ACUSTIC iN the 2ss... but not a big deal.. I'm not sure about modding this car with cam and headers.. maybe 2 or 3 yr when warranty ends. Just doesn't feel.like it needs more pwr like the gen 5 did... the combination of mag ride, elsd , and LT1 -200lbs feels much faster to me...very entertaining..I was getting kind of bored with how the ls3 gen 5 accelerated.. the thrill is back...
Old 02-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #75
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Audio is a bit lame compared to the BOSTON ACUSTIC iN the 2ss... but not a big deal.. I'm not sure about modding this car with cam and headers.. maybe 2 or 3 yr when warranty ends. Just doesn't feel.like it needs more pwr like the gen 5 did... the combination of mag ride, elsd , and LT1 -200lbs feels much faster to me...very entertaining..I was getting kind of bored with how the ls3 gen 5 accelerated.. the thrill is back...
That's a good thing, to be happy with the power/weight. Might wear off a little bit as you adjust. That's how it typically works for me anyway. But then I do wind up going to track days and find things that need improvement - though increasing power is usually not "needed" in most cases, just desired.

Stepping back, take my gen5 1LE. It doesn't "need" anything either for simple HPDE stuff (ok maybe brakes). Where the want comes in, is in comparisons like this, or wanting to beat that one guy next time out (it's not a race!...oh but it is sometimes). Grip and consistent brakes mean more than most everything else. Cars with more grip can carry more entry speed, more mid-corner speed and ultimately more exit speed. Getting each of those right is where the lap times really start to drop.

Good example of that is running track days with spec miata guys at a horsepower track (Texas World Speedway). These guys are running pretty damn good lap times, but can't even hit 100mph in the long straight, unless they are bump drafting each other (which is hilarious to watch). Meanwhile the "fast" cars are hitting 150mph there.

Anyway, as you can see I tend to think of everything in track terms, which isn't the whole story.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #76
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
What??

Quote:
You can ALWAYS USE MORE POWER!!! Awesome car BTW.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #77
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
You can ALWAYS USE MORE POWER!!! Awesome car BTW.
No doubt! I will be saving again for cam and headers package when warranty is up. For now though I am much happier with gen 6 rather than a gen 5 with a cam headers mod. That was my options and I can't say I miss the the gen 5...the gen 6 has nailed it for me..
Old 02-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #78
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Thankyou! Pdr is on it... about $1350 option..
Nice!!! Yea was not sure it was an option on the new 1LE. Very Cool Well enjoy the great new ride.