Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
You really cant see it unless you bend over and look, it's almost under the front bumper, but i know its there.
saw scuff marks and a couple scratches under mine this weekend when I had the oil changed. Have no idea where those came from - speed bump? Was pretty bummed but I'm not fixing them.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #16
RJT

Drives: LT CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
We got a "Situation" here,
Lol, "This is the jersey shore, this is what happens at the jersey shore!!"
RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #17
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
I scratched up the bottom of the front bumper the first day i got mine just because the driveway is very steep at my house and i went a little to fast coming down.. i was not happy but i figured it would happen sooner or later anyway and no one would notice unless you literally lay down on the ground and look at it so it doesn't bother me too much. not worth fixing imo. especially if after you get it fixed you end up doing the same thing again then u will be very pissed.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #18
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
The first one is always the hardest.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #19
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Down the jersey shore over the weekend, i was parking and was so concerned with the car next to me i scratched the front bottom of my bumper on a damn parking block, should i let it go and live with it or fix it. I dont have pics sorry. Its four scratches an inch long near the plastic valance underneath. I have been very careful with that while parking all the time, i guess s**t happens.
The first one is the hardest. You're not the first one to ding your own car but if I recall correctly you're the first one to admit it here. Usually the damage posts are the result someone else. I was becoming afraid to take the car out for fear that people would aim for it. Don't sweat the small stuff. It happens to most of us.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #20
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
You'll be even madder if you fix it and it happens again, which it probably will.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP MOVN View Post
I know how you feel. I have been so careful to park away from cars and go slow out of deep driveways and I scraped my bumper wheni was exiting a parking lot. I was aware of the steepness and was extra careful but still hit!! It was an awful sound. I wanted to hit "rewind".. I haven't fixed it yet but I'm extra careful. I love my car so much, it's kinda scarey!!
Yeah I did the exact same thing within the FIRST HOUR after driving it off the dealer lot. I was going to the insurance place to sign my paperwork & I knew from having been there before that the entrance to their parking lot was extra steep so I tried to go in at an angle but still scraped the bottom of my front bumper. The sound is horrid & should be bottled for torture tactics. The damage wasn't all too bad but if pointed out is quite obvious. Ironically the part I was most upset about wasn't the fact that I scraped my bumper, it's when I found out I went to the WRONG OFFICE! Quite funny to see a grown man trying to kick himself in the ass.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #22
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
You really cant see it unless you bend over and look, it's almost under the front bumper, but i know its there.
My suggestion then .... don't run over anyone and no one will be the wiser about the scratches.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
having lived with two Saturn Skys, and constantly scraping the fronts of them, the Camaro seems like it has great clearance to me. So far I haven't scraped it anywhere, but then I learned how to enter and exit steep places when driving my Sky... I did notice one thing when I was putting on My heritage grill today.. I had several rock chips on the lower portion of the bumper...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #24
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Hell, I have scratches on both doors because of idiots leaning on them to look inside. I haven't bothered doing anything with them.

Of course I did drop a jackstand and it landed on my car and took two little notches out at the bottom of the door and the molding, still not fixing it.

Face it - the more you try to protect a car the worse it gets beat. I had my truck for 4.5 years before anything ever scratched, nicked, or broke on it and I didn't try to protect it. Now it is a mess, but that is besides the point.

My car is less than a year old and has 7 scratches I will just wait till I can afford to have it repainted with a lot of coats and a lot of clear

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #25
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Down the jersey shore over the weekend, i was parking and was so concerned with the car next to me i scratched the front bottom of my bumper on a damn parking block, should i let it go and live with it or fix it. I dont have pics sorry. Its four scratches an inch long near the plastic valance underneath. I have been very careful with that while parking all the time, i guess s**t happens.
Did the same thing Sunday. Drove down to Smithville NJ and as I was pulling into a space I miss judge the front end and scratched under neath on the curb. No one is going to see it. If it bothers you just get touch up paint.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #26
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
guess since were on the subject, when i got my car 9 months ago a bird took a $hit on it after i washed it, well i went to grab the bug and tar remover and microfiber cloth towel to get it up and it scratched the hood....
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
Onereign
Detailing Addict

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
I went to my friends shop 2 weeks after getting my car to install my Barton short-throw, his dog comes running up with a stick in his mouth to play fetch and puts a 6 inch scratch in my drivers quarter panel. I've mostly buffed it out, only the most anal retentive would notice it, too bad I fit into that category.
Onereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #28
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrusco103 View Post
I scratched up the bottom of the front bumper the first day i got mine just because the driveway is very steep at my house and i went a little to fast coming down.. i was not happy but i figured it would happen sooner or later anyway and no one would notice unless you literally lay down on the ground and look at it so it doesn't bother me too much. not worth fixing imo. especially if after you get it fixed you end up doing the same thing again then u will be very pissed.
Did the same exact thing who cares no sees under there
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote