Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #113
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SOB View Post
I love the car and attention. Tons of fun. I do feel like a salesman, and too want commission on the cars I have probably sold. Haha.

Lucky SOB

I work in the Oshawa Camaro Plant and just wanted to compliment you on that Kick Ass RJT !! I must say its stunning.
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #114
SPANKS2SS

Drives: 2SS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
funny..didn't even know such excitement existed..
I FIND MOST PEAPLE ARE GREAT ,WHAT MATTERS MOST IS WHAT I THINK AND I LOVE THE CAR IF I DONT HAVE TIME OR CHOSE TO BE ANTI SOCIAL I GRAB A GEAR AND SMILE .ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SMILE,TURN THE TUNES UP ENJOY YOUR CAR .
SPANKS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #115
SPANKS2SS

Drives: 2SS
HAD A POLICE OFFICER COME INTO MY WORK ASK WHO OWNS THE CAMARO ,I SAID YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT? (I HAD BEEN THERE FOR HOURS) HE ASK HOW I LIKED THE CAR .
SPANKS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #116
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Yesterday I took the car out for my usual after work cruise and I had a guy in a pick up truck follow me to the Home Depot parking lot. When I stopped to go into the store he stopped right next to me so I knew he wanted to ask me some questions. I was in no hurry so I was prepared to answer his questions. Now tell me that this wouldn't piss anybody off that owns a Camaro...he proceeded to say to me "this is the first Camaro I've seen in real life, no offense but I'm not impressed at all. I would have bought a vette before I would have spent big money on one of these".

I didn't say a word to the a-hole, I just walked away. Like he couldn't have kept that to himself, and he followed me through the parking lot just to tell me that!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #117
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
Picked mine up today, Yellow LT. Mustang drivers have the annoying habit of following me around town and right up to my driveway. GM needs to offer Mustang repellent as a dealer installed option....
If someone follows you home, KEEP ON DRIVING and stop somewhere public. You don't know WHY they are following you home. You could be carjacked, mugged, or wake up in the morning with no wheels or no car.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #118
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I havent had my car for a week... and yes im getting a little tired of it. People I know, dont mind at all, the tons of complete strangers hassling me for 10-15 mins apiece, I do kinda mind. After a while it just gets old. I feel like I gotta start waking up 30 mins earlier so I can make it into work on time! So far today im good, no BS. But the day is very young!

I just wanna enjoy my car in peace! People stop when I have my car out of the garage and pull into my driveway to talk to me about it... that pisses me off! Im home, this is time for me to relax, go away!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #119
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Evil- sorry to give you what you wanted to hear. Don't you have enough interest in Mustangs to troll your own forum?

I parked my Camaro right next to a Mustang GT at a local cruise in, once I got there no one was interested in the Mustang. The guy that owned it was a great guy and I told him I liked his car, he said he wished he would have waited until the Camaro's came out because he liked my Camaro more than his Mustang!

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #120
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
got 3 compliments on my SS today

1. thumb up from a guy in an astro van on the highway lol
2. old fart and his wife leaving olive garden, he said nice car lol
3. valvoline intant oil change, They told me I had a nice car lol

I gave back one thumb up and a smile and everybody else got thank you and a smile good day today

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #121
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Too much attention from having the hottest car around? Tough life, I tell ya my heart bleeds.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #122
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Tired... are you kidding.... expect it, enjoy it... in a short time... it will blend with the masses...

As I drive, you can see people on the street, smile as they realize they are seeing greatness in real life...
We took out a couple of Camaros yesterday, and My sister drove my 2010 ( I am trying to prevent her from getting an IS350)... and first thing she told me when we got to destination, was "Oh my God, everyone just stares... you can see them slow down, and speed up just to get a better look"...
Welcome to my world... LOL
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #123
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camaro99 View Post
Tired... are you kidding.... expect it, enjoy it... in a short time... it will blend with the masses...

As I drive, you can see people on the street, smile as they realize they are seeing greatness in real life...
We took out a couple of Camaros yesterday, and My sister drove my 2010 ( I am trying to prevent her from getting an IS350)... and first thing she told me when we got to destination, was "Oh my God, everyone just stares... you can see them slow down, and speed up just to get a better look"...
Welcome to my world... LOL

I love it! The only thing I've found annoying is the folks wanting to race on busy streets..... not gonna do it!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #124
giod

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 VIN#6621
I get the same treatment in mine, although the best was a cop pulled up next to me and motioned so I rolled down the window to see what I had done wrong, much to my surprise he says "I gotta ask.. Where did you get it? I'm am sooo jealous... I might even let you speed a little.." Man That Rocks!
giod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #125
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
I like the attention except for every ricer wanting to try me.

My wife hates the attention. I just say, "Honey they ain't looking at the car, it's your boobies."
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #126
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I've had mine 1 week today.

Not too bad. A lot of double takes, a few thumbs up and a few people talking about it when I get out somewhere but I haven't really gone anywhere much to leave it alone yet. All positive comments and no crazy people yet or racer wannabee's. So just a light ego stroking.