Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #281
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
hey guys can you please help. The guys that got the cars already, how fast did you go from (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery) to actually getting delivered? Thanks
I don't think they are running on time. I had/have a TPW of 10/22 and it went 3400 on 10/22, but it's been stuck there for 2 weeks - no movement.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #282
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Some interior pics, as requested:

Doorway to heaven

Very easy to use steering wheel functions

full view(best I could get with an IPhone)

No more buttons....touch screen mirror FTW! See, I'm pointing to where there are no buttons :P

Adjustable up and down pretty far for proper visibility. Can dim and shut off completely if desired. Pushing center changes HUD display to different options to view while driving

This changes a ton of things in center gauge viewable to driver as well

2SS so heated leather...been very nice last couple of days!

contemplating rear seat delete but doubt I'll do it

small opening but roomy inside...(there's a "That's what she said!" joke I won't touch)

Discuss
Old 11-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #283
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Welll a 1LE on the bottom of the steering wheel would be nice. I will add the zl1 peddles. I really like the frame-less mirror.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #284
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Did you intend to give your camaro5 brethren the bird?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #285
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Re: wrong rear tire.
This happened in 2002 or 2003 when the mercury marauder first came out. I think the car had 235s front and 255s rear. They delivered a bunch of cars with the 235 at rear and the wrong wheel IIRC. Mercury stopped sales of the affected cars until the correct tire could be shipped out. I saw one a a dealership in Hendersonville, NC. Don't see how any autoworker with eyes could have missed it.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #286
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Dumb question ..... For all those who already for their 1LE so what's the feel of the 3.91 gear ratio ? Is it like a short shifter ? Like if it had a burst short throw ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #287
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Lightbulb Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
If by hinder you mean IMPROVE.
Warfighter Sukxost,

I haven't gotten my 1LE yet, but how do you feel about the forced one-to-four shift on the manual transmission? Or does the 1LE have it?

I was reading about it in the Camaro Features PDF online:

"The 6-speed manual transmission (V8) includes a 1-to-4 shift feature that helps achieve the best possible fuel economy.
The 1-to-4 shift light will turn on when, from a standstill, acceleration and vehicle speed qualifications are met. When the shift light is on, the transmission can be shifted only from 1st to 4th gear. Forcing the shift lever into any other gear may damage the transmission."

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #288
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Dumb question ..... For all those who already for their 1LE so what's the feel of the 3.91 gear ratio ? Is it like a short shifter ? Like if it had a burst short throw ?
A shorter gear RATIO makes the car feel like it has more torque. A short-throw shifter makes the physical action of shifting gears shorter and (hopefully) more direct and precise.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #289
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
A shorter gear RATIO makes the car feel like it has more torque. A short-throw shifter makes the physical action of shifting gears shorter and (hopefully) more direct and precise.

Therefore ill be able to feel difference on the torque , yet the slave between from gear to gear is the same as any other SS ?

So will the burst short shifter be available ? Meaning will it fit the 1LE?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #290
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Tires and rims

1:This is my right rear tire....see anything wrong?

Looks like they slapped on a ZL1 wheel/tire combo on my 1LE...will talk to my local dealership tomorrow and see what they can do.

Sukxost,

I heard something similar in another thread about an SS buyer getting his car with three polished and one painted rim. Can you tell by looking that your rims are the correct width for their respective positions on the 1LE? Good eye in catching the mismatched tire! Good Army attention to detail!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #291
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Warfighter Sukxost,

I haven't gotten my 1LE yet, but how do you feel about the forced one-to-four shift on the manual transmission? Or does the 1LE have it?

"The 6-speed manual transmission (V8) includes a 1-to-4 shift feature that helps achieve the best possible fuel economy.
The 1-to-4 shift light will turn on when, from a standstill, acceleration and vehicle speed qualifications are met. When the shift light is on, the transmission can be shifted only from 1st to 4th gear. Forcing the shift lever into any other gear may damage the transmission."

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Tara
The delete kit for this is dirt cheap and easy to install. It is very annoying honestly but you have to drive at really low rpms for it to kick in.

Nice interior pics. Did u notice how the radio surround doesn't match the other silver pieces?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #292
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Nice interior pics. Did u notice how the radio surround doesn't match the other silver pieces?
I'm leaning towards Emblem Pros's Hydrocoating and doing my instrumentation bezels in "carbon fiber".
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #293
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Warfighter Sukxost,

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Tara
Hey doll :P The 1LE DOES have the 1-4 CRAP! I tend to shift high anyways so not a huge inconvenience but still retarded if you ask me.

Quote:
1:This is my right rear tire....see anything wrong?

Looks like they slapped on a ZL1 wheel/tire combo on my 1LE...will talk to my local dealership tomorrow and see what they can do.

Sukxost,

I heard something similar in another thread about an SS buyer getting his car with three polished and one painted rim. Can you tell by looking that your rims are the correct width for their respective positions on the 1LE? Good eye in catching the mismatched tire! Good Army attention to detail!

Tara
back
Yeah I saw that other one too...how the F did it pass GM, and then a PDI? GM needs to step up their game man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
The delete kit for this is dirt cheap and easy to install. It is very annoying honestly but you have to drive at really low rpms for it to kick in.

I Noticed.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #294
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
Is the stitching on the leather seats white or a different color?

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 2013, 2014, 2015, boss=secretaryofsecondplace, gen5, npp = sex