Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Wiess
4th gen punk!

Drives: 94 Camaro Z-28
Angry Why is it takin so F**king long!!!

Why do they make us wait so long until they start sellin the Camaro!!! Its driven me[I speak 4 everyone here] F**king carzy!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
chill... it will be here before you know it.. just count your pennies/dolloars and enjoy the fact that it will be all you want it to be..
Old 09-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
i lose my pateince too with it sometimes. Just remember...good things come to those who wait. Plus GM wants to make sure and get this right the first time...so in a way they are actually doing us all a favor by making us wait.

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Yeah, I feel that way sometimes too, no problem. Least we've only got just a little over a year to wait . Ohhh god that long?
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
as I have said over and over, they should have released it in 06 as an 07 40th anniversary edition. they coulda charged 50k and got it with a 40th badge on the SS. but as GM reps have said, they are going to release it as an 09 ~40th because the 69 was the most valued edition of the camaro
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
I don't mind the wait so much as long as they take the time to make mine perfect....
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
"Why is it taking so long?"

1. They are starting with "a clean sheet". Where as the Challenger already had a chassis (the 300C), allowing it to arrive earlier, the Camaro is all new.

2. Chevrolet is taking its time to make sure what arrives in production form meets all the improvements in quality, etc..

ALOT rides on the success of the Camaro, and rushing it to market, only to have owners, and magazines, giving it negative reviews would not bode well for Chevrolet.

As "our leader" Fbodfather keeps repeating, "Have Faith", and a little patience...it'll be well worth the wait.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Yeah, I know Chevy's gonna do us proud. All the wait's doing is just allowing me to put more money aside toward my car. I fully agree with you, they have to do this right the first time around or it'll be a flop and with the invasion of the imports GM and the other two can't aford to make a mistake. We'll see how Dodge fairs with the high price/ limited production on the Challenger.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"Why is it taking so long?"

1. They are starting with "a clean sheet". Where as the Challenger already had a chassis (the 300C), allowing it to arrive earlier, the Camaro is all new.

2. Chevrolet is taking its time to make sure what arrives in production form meets all the improvements in quality, etc..

ALOT rides on the success of the Camaro, and rushing it to market, only to have owners, and magazines, giving it negative reviews would not bode well for Chevrolet.

As "our leader" Fbodfather keeps repeating, "Have Faith", and a little patience...it'll be well worth the wait.
+1. And as cliche as it is, Good things DO come to those who wait. What are all the chronically impatient people probably going to do? Either go nuts waiting, or buy a Mustang/Challenger. And where does that leave them? In a sub-par vehicle that's either too heavy to go anywhere as fast as you'd like it, or it just simply doesn't have the oompf to do so.

It'll be here before you know it - and when it comes, the world'll find out exactly what Muscle car, and Chevrolet really mean...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #10
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
On the bright side.... if the street date is 1st quarter 09, you will be able to put your order in for the one you want in Oct or Nov 08
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #11
night_kidd

Drives: lexus
believe it or not I actually don't mind waiting, gives me a lot more time to save money for a big down payment
night_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I posted a really good explanation in another thread, took me a half hour to find ithttp://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288
Quote:
Like has already been mentioned, it comes down to safety and practicality. Since safety has been mentioned, I guess I will go into design for manufacturing. This is what seperates an engineer from a designer. A designer cares solely about how it looks, sounds, feels, and probably even smells. but the work of the engineer is to get everything to function properly while making it fast and cheap to manufacture. Without that, the camaros would be at showrooms now, for about $250 000 or more. To this point everything has been hand-built with the only concern being how it looks. To go into production they need to figure out just how they will stamp the sheet metal or mold the plastic. Some of the complex shapes will be too costly to make through mass production so they will be simplified and look almost the same but cost half as much. All this is ontop of getting the interior feeling right and all the mechanics working right.

In the real world, it takes time to turn a concept design into something real. once the design of all the parts has been finalized such that they meet saftey and manufacturing concerns, the molds and dies have to be made in order to mass produce the parts. While that is being done a sequence of how to put things together in the most efficeint manner needs to be determined. Once all that is done, the GM plant in Oshawa as well as all the other places that will be making components, can get retooled. once the parts get turned into assemblies and the assemblies into modules and modules into the completed car. From there it goes onto trucks and trains to the showrooms and dealer lots and then into our driveways.

And there it is, how things go from idea to your home.
Keep in mind that the Challenger is being made off a proven platform, and much of the design work was done nearly 40 years ago. And it still takes them 2 years to put the car on the road. And I am sure that they are working on a ground up redesign for the Mustang at Ford as we speak.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #13
Wiess
4th gen punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
as I have said over and over, they should have released it in 06 as an 07 40th anniversary edition. they coulda charged 50k and got it with a 40th badge on the SS. but as GM reps have said, they are going to release it as an 09 ~40th because the 69 was the most valued edition of the camaro
Wat a very weird way of thinking about that but they are modeling it after the 69 anyway might as well pay up!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #14
Wiess
4th gen punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Yeah, I know Chevy's gonna do us proud. All the wait's doing is just allowing me to put more money aside toward my car. I fully agree with you, they have to do this right the first time around or it'll be a flop and with the invasion of the imports GM and the other two can't aford to make a mistake. We'll see how Dodge fairs with the high price/ limited production on the Challenger.
Very true! But it still drives u crazy!:eek: